Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

I’m going to post the lamest question of all time here, be warned.

How.. do people stay up until 2/3/4am to see acts? 

This ain’t my first rodeo by far, I’ve been doing festivals across Europe since I was a teen. However I always end up missing acts I wanted to see because I’m like a zombie by 1am. 

Entertain me with your steps for keeping the energy up (that aren’t drug related lol)

1. Sleep all morning 2. Have strategic nap in the auditori 3. Caffeinate

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Whatsmelogin said:

This ain’t my first rodeo by far, I’ve been doing festivals across Europe since I was a teen. However I always end up missing acts I wanted to see because I’m like a zombie by 1am. 

Entertain me with your steps for keeping the energy up (that aren’t drug related lol)

I don't do drugs or Caffeine, I just live on the adrenaline and try not to do extreme stuff during the festival hours (sleeping until late morning, travelling inside the city, eating and mostly recovering)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Pace yourself.

Keep in mind the festival is on a slightly different schedule to other ones – this one starts after 4/5pm and headliners are on 12am/1am-ish, so get a good night's sleep and just try and realign yourself a bit.

Stay well fed and well hydrated, if you're boozing I'd advise not starting as soon as you go through the doors and maybe doing it towards sunset.

My top pics among artists I won’t see because of really painful clashes: 

the caretaker (but I want to see this one, PS better place him early) 

caroline polachek (I have the feeling she is going to clash with beach house or Tyler the creator 

moin or lightning bolt will be really hard to catch I guess 

the strokes (The top names for the other stages will be too cool to miss, earl? Low? Fountaines dc?) 

Iosonouncane (amazing live, impossibile to catch due to clashes, already seen recently)

Edited by Whos3000_

Just now, jannybruck said:

Pace yourself.

Keep in mind the festival is on a slightly different schedule to other ones – this one starts after 4/5pm and headliners are on 12am/1am-ish, so get a good night's sleep and just try and realign yourself a bit.

Stay well fed and well hydrated, if you're boozing I'd advise not starting as soon as you go through the doors and maybe doing it towards sunset.

A ton of big-time headliners actually start their sets on 22:00ish (for example, Radiohead started at 22:10). That's the thing with multiple headliners in a day

Just now, xxialac said:

1. Sleep all morning 2. Have strategic nap in the auditori 3. Caffeinate

I might be wrong, but is there only one coffee booth at the festival? (At big food court area). Need more caffeine booth tbh especially near Mordor.

7 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Coming from the USA makes it really easy, lol.

But I echo what the poster above said about limiting alcohol intake. 

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Map tomorrow, set times Friday?

I need to stop obsessing over the set times...

What's everyone's top 5 unmissable acts of the weekend then?

WK1:

BCNR

Pavement 

Porridge Radio

The Armed

The Caretaker

Wk2:

Dry Cleaning

Sky Ferreira

Sofia Kourtesis

The Smile

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Only Counting Acts I havent seen before

2 minutes ago, Bram said:

I might be wrong, but is there only one coffee booth at the festival? (At big food court area). Need more caffeine booth tbh especially near Mordor.

This is definitely not correct, you could buy coffee in Mordor and also in Bits area.

My first time at Primvera, and wondering how the main stages tend to work? I’ve been to places like Glastonbury and what have you, with them being standard - all on at the same time. 
I’ve also been to festivals, with the main stages not clashing with each other, with the smaller stages spreading the crowds out. 
Just wondering whether it’s a case for staying at one stage for good hearing, or easily float between the main stages. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Also I want to add a thank you for all the tips so far, reading everyone’s Q&As has really helped. I’m not attending solo, as my mate can’t get the time off work and I can’t move the ticket on. So the questions and answers, have really helped me think ahead. 

Just now, Matt1976 said:

My first time at Primvera, and wondering how the main stages tend to work? I’ve been to places like Glastonbury and what have you, with them being standard - all on at the same time. 
I’ve also been to festivals, with the main stages not clashing with each other, with the smaller stages spreading the crowds out. 
Just wondering whether it’s a case for staying at one stage for good hearing, or easily float between the main stages. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Also I want to add a thank you for all the tips so far, reading everyone’s Q&As has really helped. I’m not attending solo, as my mate can’t get the time off work and I can’t move the ticket on. So the questions and answers, have really helped me think ahead. 

Main stages are opposite each other and the acts on them don't clash. There are like 10 minute pauses between M1 and M2 acts so you have time to grab a drink and turn around

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Main stages are opposite each other and the acts on them don't clash. There are like 10 minute pauses between M1 and M2 acts so you have time to grab a drink and turn around

Brilliant and thank you. 
BBK was similar when I went in 2010(?)

24 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

not eating seems to help me stay up for 4am slots. If i carb up, i end up fading fast.

Edited by JIMBO666
edit

37 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Adrenalin/excitement. As you long as I watch entertaining stuff I can stay awake quite easily. Once I ended up at James Blake or Cigarettes after sex in the past, I was done for the night 🙂

Not getting totally wasted also helps..