Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

The info I had suggested they'd completely rescheduled everything and switched artists around internally about three weeks ago for whatever reason and it was causing tonnes of issues with artists/transport/general logistics, so I think they're probably still trying to iron everything out before committing to a timetable.

Once that's done it will come I'm sure, but given the amount of dropouts (and drama around the midweek gigs) I don't think they can afford to fuck things around once it's been officially released as it'll look extremely messy. They need it rock solid before anyone is getting it.

Just tested positive for the Rona for a second time 🙄. Luckily my isolation period will be finished before I’m due to fly. Terrifying to think that catching this a week later would probably result in me missing at least part of the festival I’ve waited so long to attend. 

So make sure you’re all minimising social interactions over the next two weeks!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

Map tomorrow, set times Friday?

I need to stop obsessing over the set times...

What's everyone's top 5 unmissable acts of the weekend then?

I assume Thursday for the set times as they have always said 2 weeks before the festival.

I have so many acts I'm desperate to see that it's quite ridiculous. Right now I think my 5 absolute musts are Tyler The Creator, The National, Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Fred Again but plenty of others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Float said:

Just tested positive for the Rona for a second time 🙄. Luckily my isolation period will be finished before I’m due to fly. Terrifying to think that catching this a week later would probably result in me missing at least part of the festival I’ve waited so long to attend. 

So make sure you’re all minimising social interactions over the next two weeks!!!!

Sorry to hear that. If there is a silver lining at all, like you say, is that it's out of the way now and it should be incredibly unlikey that you'd pick it up again during the fest.

I had it for the second time in March and I'm so concerned about picking it up again and it ruining the festival that I'd waited so long for.  I just hope that 2 infections + 3 vaccinations will be enough to keep me safe for a bit longer!

Edited by FakeEmpire
  • Upvote 1

Mine is:

1) Tyler, the creator: stage show looks excellent, really evolved as a performer, great last few records

2) King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard: supposed to be great live, excellent eclectic range of songs, almost certainly get a unique setlist

3) The Strokes: Never seen them before, one of the big drawing points of the festival, love their latest record

4) Beach House: excellent live, should be a great crowd for it, don't dislike any of their records so the setlist will be solid

5) Parquet Courts- Also never seen live, supposed to be great & high energy. Excellent last few records. Hopefully a good crowd for it.

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

The headliners, which is a boring answer, so 5 unmissable undercard would be (W1)...

King Gizzard, Dinosaur Jr, Earl Sweatshirt, Idles, Little Simz

I'll be really gutted if any of those clash with headliners, they probably will. Seeing others (Fontaines, Cigarettes) at other festivals this year so there's a little clash-relief. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Currently 2manydjs, Bicep, Caribou, Parquet Courts, Tyler. I should probably expand it to 10-15 unmissable, good thing I'm going to the whole thing

10 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

This is a hard one but probably:

100 Gecs, Mavis Staples, Lorde, Genesis Owusu, Khruangbin

13 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

SVE, Pavement (if somehow PS clashes SVE & Pavement , I’ll definitely go riot), Weyes Blood, Bikini Kill, Gorillaz……plus Magnetic Fields over weekdays at Ciutat

Pavement, Sharon Van Etten, Dinosaur Jr (if those first three clash… fuck’s sake), The Smile, The National

I’m preparing myself for the worst re: clashes. The whole lineup is unbelievably strong for me so very much expecting a few gut punches when I look over the full timetable and a lot of stuff that’ll be decided down to the wire. 

Just now, pipan said:

Five names? It's like choosing ONE name per each main day and then take one of this six chosen names out (to come to five). So thanks, but I'll pass on this one.

Yeah tbh my list is just the first five that came to mind but easily could’ve consisted of another thirty acts and still held true. Just an unbeliavably strong lineup even with the dropouts we’ve had. 

I think I can narrow it down to Beach House and Gorillaz.

There's probably 30+ others, but lots that I've seen before and some that I could take a chance on or skip depending on the group I'm with. There's about a dozen of us, so we'll split off in different directions I'd say.

Its a really stacked bill, so I'm looking forward to it. But I won't be overly rigid with the timetable as I'd only ruin the experience for myself running to the beach and back! 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Great comment!

Genuinely I think everyone on here is great* and big respect to all for this epic multi year journey to get to this point.

*with the exception of covid conspiracy theory nut

This group has been real fun for…3 years already?? 😂

Should be very interesting for my girlfriend, I'll be doing the timetable and whisking her around to see acts, many she's never heard and most she only knows a couple tracks at best. Bit of a mystery tour. 

She's fine with this by the way, I'm not a monster, she just doesn't have as much ears-free time in her job so she lets me handle this part of the trip and expects good tunes. 

I’m going to post the lamest question of all time here, be warned.

How.. do people stay up until 2/3/4am to see acts? 

This ain’t my first rodeo by far, I’ve been doing festivals across Europe since I was a teen. However I always end up missing acts I wanted to see because I’m like a zombie by 1am. 

Entertain me with your steps for keeping the energy up (that aren’t drug related lol)

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

BREAKING: MAP RUMOUR

The normal route to Bits (that bridge which can be a bit of a bottleneck) is allegedly closed for health and safety reasons so might need to go the long way round via the entrance.

Oh, that's not good at all.

1 minute ago, Whatsmelogin said:

I’m going to post the lamest question of all time here, be warned.

How.. do people stay up until 2/3/4am to see acts? 

This ain’t my first rodeo by far, I’ve been doing festivals across Europe since I was a teen. However I always end up missing acts I wanted to see because I’m like a zombie by 1am. 

Entertain me with your steps for keeping the energy up (that aren’t drug related lol)

Was about to respond with the obvious and then saw you said not drug-related!

Since I stopped doing class As 3am is about the latest I can manage so would also appreciate some tips. I'm hoping I can kind of reset my sleep pattern to get up late and stay up late.