Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

10 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I updated the app and it appeared, though this was last week so maybe they're still fiddling with it.

This whole thing is so fucking annoying and unnecessary, to be honest. And I hate the fact I have to upload my personal information and ID to an app I have no idea who is in charge of, or where it's stored, or how secure it is.

Not being difficult, just genuinely curious, what risks do you foresee?

Primavera Sound are in charge of the data and have got my name and your photo and they’ll be fined thanks to strict EU GDPR rules if they don't safeguard this but even if they do it wouldn’t be the end of the world. In reality my name and picture are on the web (linkedin, social media etc).

Airlines, festivals, events - either already or in future will all adopt this system, it’s unstoppable.

And it’s my private health and financial details that would worry me being posted on the internet, not this data.

36 minutes ago, branvan said:

Still not... Have shut it down and reopened it.... I only have the Add your Ticket ID Option... Or do I have to activate my ticket first at Dice? 

It actually took me a few goes for it to work of shutting it down and reopening it. And clearing my cache as well. You can't do anything first on Dice as far as I know. It's a real pain.

14 hours ago, KGeedora said:

I just really hope they play Jubilee Street live. Just unbelievable.

Jubilee Street is as close to guaranteed IMO, Cave absolutely loves playing it.

If I had to guess, we'll get 2-4 Ghosteen songs in Bad Seeds arrangements (this is the Ghosteen tour after all, at least I think it is lol), and the usual staples: Jubilee Street, Red Right Hand, Mercy Seat, Weeping Song, Ship Song, Into My Arms, From Her to Eternity, Stagger Lee, etc. Probably one Skeleton Tree tune (my money is on "Girl in Amber"), plus maybe one or two surprising cuts from the Bad Seeds catalog that are impossible to predict (last time he did Loverman, Come Into My Sleep, didn't he?). Don't think we'll get any Carnage stuff - it ain't a Bad Seeds record. Just like Cave never plays Grinderman stuff with the Seeds.

If I had to come up with some sort of guess setlist:

1. Spinning Song

2. Bright Horses

3. Jubilee Street

4. From Her to Eternity

5. Random bad seeds deep cut

6. The Ship Song

7. Waiting For You

8. Into My Arms

9. Red Right Hand

10. The Mercy Seat

11. Girl in Amber

12. The Weeping Song

13. Stagger Lee

14. Push the Sky Away/Ghosteen Speaks

It's a bit similar to Skeleton tree setlists so I'm probably off, but anyway you'll be well advised to get familiar with those tunes if you're planning on seeing Cave (and you definitely should). Half of them are completely different beasts live compared to studio members, so maybe listen to the Distant Sky: Live in Copenhagen thing. Or just listen to the studio versions and let the live arrangements be a surprise.

Edited by yaniv297

10 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

If I had to guess, we'll get 2-4 Ghosteen songs in Bad Seeds arrangements (this is the Ghosteen tour after all, at least I think it is lol), and the usual staples: Jubilee Street, Red Right Hand, Mercy Seat, Weeping Song, Ship Song, Into My Arms, From Her to Eternity, Stagger Lee, etc. Probably one Skeleton Tree tune (my money is on "Girl in Amber"), plus maybe one or two surprising cuts from the Bad Seeds catalog that are impossible to predict (last time he did Loverman, Come Into My Sleep, didn't he?). Don't think we'll get any Carnage stuff - it ain't a Bad Seeds record. Just like Cave never plays Grinderman stuff with the Seeds.

1. Spinning Song

2. Bright Horses

3. Jubilee Street

4. From Her to Eternity

6. The Ship Song

7. Waiting For You

8. Into My Arms

9. Red Right Hand

10. The Mercy Seat

11. Girl in Amber

12. The Weeping Song

13. Stagger Lee

It's a bit similar to Skeleton tree setlists so I'm probably off, but anyway you'll be well advised to get familiar with those tunes if you're planning on seeing Cave (and you definitely should). Half of them are completely different beasts live compared to studio members, so maybe listen to the Distant Sky: Live in Copenhagen thing. Or just listen to the studio versions and let the live arrangements be a surprise.

This is a good call I reckon.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

This isn’t madness as it’s completely untrue.

They’ve stopped checking proof of vaccination in my experience and even if they do you can 100% just show the nhs app on your phone.

Apologies the translation from the Spanish site confused me, it’s a digital version so not mad after all 

However all UK (and Spanish) advice was updated yesterday to say that Certificate's are required for entry until 15th June, so it’s best to advise everyone on here to get one, even if your recent experience differs. 

We’ve waited along time for this, wouldn’t want anyone failing at the last hurdle unnecessarily yeah?

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is there any pattern to what time the lineup/stage times have traditionally dropped or is it anybody’s guess what time we could be expecting it?

The news on the website don't reach as far back, but normally the schedules would've arrive around now.  With them announcing that they'll release them 2 weeks prior to WK1 and 16 days to go, it could be any day now.

And I am banking on today

6 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Other than timetable and map, is there anything other info expected this week? 

I think there used be different announcements for Pitchfork, and some vague food listing, so are we likely to get those today instead, I wonder? 

Hidden Stage, though it could be next week.

4 minutes ago, Traci said:

Apologies the translation from the Spanish site confused me, it’s a digital version so not mad after all 

However all UK (and Spanish) advice was updated yesterday to say that Certificate's are required for entry until 15th June, so it’s best to advise everyone on here to get one, even if your recent experience differs. 

We’ve waited along time for this, wouldn’t want anyone failing at the last hurdle unnecessarily yeah?

Oh yeah absolutely I’m not saying not to have the nhs certificate on your phone (or printed) just in case, I’m just saying in practice at the airport in spain they have gone in recent months from checking carefully to not checking at all.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera Sound are in charge of the data and have got my name and your photo and they’ll be fined thanks to strict EU GDPR rules if they don't safeguard this but even if they do it wouldn’t be the end of the world. In reality my name and picture are on the web (linkedin, social media etc).

Right, and that's acceptable for you, but mine and plenty of other people's aren't. I just think this "well, I use my ID for x and x already so one more place won't hurt" thing we're sleepwalking into is extremely dangerous. There's absolutely no need for Primavera to require the photo and personal documentation of hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world – it's worked perfectly fine for 20 years without it and has never had any sort of major issue with touting, fake tickets, or people sneaking in.

The only other EU festival that requires this level of personal accreditation is Glastonbury and that's only because tickets are insane gold dust – whereas there's thousands of Primavera resale tickets floating around. It's just just another example of the festival shareholder-ing itself into a totally different shape and with different aims, and I feel uncomfortable watching it happen.

It's not something I'm going to get into a protracted discussion about but it just gives me the major creeps.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Right, and that's acceptable for you, but mine and plenty of other people's aren't. I just think this "well, I use my ID for x and x already so one more place won't hurt" thing we're sleepwalking into is extremely dangerous.

While you're absolutely right, and I'm not a fan either, unless you're going to various extreme lengths to protect yourself online, I promise you that far more of your personal data is already being bounced around and sold between companies than Primavera has. Your passwords are likely being sold on the black market in database leaks the public doesn't even know about yet.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

1. Spinning Song

2. Bright Horses

3. Jubilee Street

4. From Her to Eternity

6. The Ship Song

7. Waiting For You

8. Into My Arms

9. Red Right Hand

10. The Mercy Seat

11. Girl in Amber

12. The Weeping Song

13. Stagger Lee

Yep, I think this will be it, more or less. As an Australian, I've grown up with Bad Seeds music constantly so I luckily know all these. Stagger Lee live is amazing. I'm always hangin' out for some Lyre tracks, but he never seems to go back to that one. 

14 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Right, and that's acceptable for you, but mine and plenty of other people's aren't. I just think this "well, I use my ID for x and x already so one more place won't hurt" thing we're sleepwalking into is extremely dangerous. There's absolutely no need for Primavera to require the photo and personal documentation of hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world – it's worked perfectly fine for 20 years without it and has never had any sort of major issue with touting, fake tickets, or people sneaking in.

The only other EU festival that requires this level of personal accreditation is Glastonbury and that's only because tickets are insane gold dust – whereas there's thousands of Primavera resale tickets floating around. It's just just another example of the festival shareholder-ing itself into a totally different shape and with different aims, and I feel uncomfortable watching it happen.

It's not something I'm going to get into a protracted discussion about but it just gives me the major creeps.

I’m not condoning it. I’m saying that uploading a picture will be the norm at every event very soon, whether we like it or not. This will include nice, small not-major-shareholder style festivals too.

At least the data is very limited and they absolutely cannot sell it, thanks to EU data laws which are the strictest in the world.

Edited by xxialac

12 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Yep, I think this will be it, more or less. As an Australian, I've grown up with Bad Seeds music constantly so I luckily know all these. Stagger Lee live is amazing. I'm always hangin' out for some Lyre tracks, but he never seems to go back to that one. 

Agree about Lyre, that's a shame - great record. Lyre of Orpheus was pretty common in 2014, but wasn't seen since. Nick seems quite fond of "Breathless", but somehow it seems to mostly pop up in his solo shows and not the bad seeds ones. "O Children" has some chance because of Harry Potter fame (it's actually his second most popular tune in Spotify) but he doesn't play it all that often, and honestly it's one of those rare Nick Cave tunes that are never as good live as on the record (the choir is just too important I guess). As for the rocking tunes, I would absolutely love to hear "There She Goes My Beautiful World" but that's unlikely. He did bring back "Hiding All Away" for a few rare shows in 2013 but that was that.

Generally, Nick Cave's catalog is a goldmine of barely-ever-played masterpieces. Nick is still extremely creative and seems always about the new record or the next one rather than exploring his old work - which is admirable, but sort of a shame for younger fans who missed out on older tours. He always seems to resort to the same group of popular oldies - Red Right Hand, Into My Arms, etc. I'm dreaming that one day he'll do a Springsteen-style tour with changing setlists spanning the entire catalog, but alas that's just a dream.

Edited by yaniv297

34 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Other than timetable and map, is there anything other info expected this week? 

I think there used be different announcements for Pitchfork, and some vague food listing, so are we likely to get those today instead, I wonder? 

Was thinking about the Pitchfork announcement as well recently because I thought they used to announce their running order earlier. However they are not listed as a partner on the poster for this year's edition. I guess this means no Pitchfork stage? Maybe NTS will take their place.

2 minutes ago, pretzelaf said:

Was thinking about the Pitchfork announcement as well recently because I thought they used to announce their running order earlier. However they are not listed as a partner on the poster for this year's edition. I guess this means no Pitchfork stage? Maybe NTS will take their place.

With the NTS stage called "NTS Warehouse", I reckon it's located in either the 2014-2018 or the 2019 Hidden stage

19 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Stagger Lee was great the last time he came to Primavera, I happened to get onstage for the last couple of songs. Stunning view!

14 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

On another note, what's the best performance that people have seen at primavera before? Just curious 

After a short glance at posters:

- 2013 Titus Andronicus, Goat, Nick Cave, Mac De Marco

- 2014: Television, Neutral Milk Hotel, Sun Ra Arkestra (& Stromae, but that was a Belgian thing)

- 2015 the replacements, ride, strand of oaks, single mothers

- 2016 preshow in apollo by SUUNS, radiohead, action bronson, julian baker, pet sounds, ty segall aftershow in Apollo

- 2017: preshow Kate Tempest, sleep, japandroids, run the jewels, angel olsen