Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah would never happen at Coachella, the biggest festival in the US or even Mad Cool, the largest one in Spain.

(cough)

Would never go to those festivals and I would also be up for an old school PS without all these huge names. It's just a matter of principle... As someone who thinks no other festival comes close to PS line ups, I would expect at least a symbolic replacement, as that festival who got Idles to replace. Since they seem to aknowledge the problem, as demonstrated by their email, then they should  do switch to facts instead of words

Edited by Whos3000_

On 5/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, Johndenis said:

While we wait for the main fest time splits, thought it might be fun to mention highlights from previous "editions". I'm talking here about stuff that felt genuinely transcendental/life long happy moments.. 

Pulp, Grinderman, watching Barcelona win the European Cup in Parc de la ciutadella, 2011

Mike Mills' band playing Big Star, John Cale (both auditori), justice 2012

Blur, Solange 2013 (weather was "fricking freezing, Barcelona" (c) nick Cave that year, had my phone nicked off a restaurant table in barceloneta, watch out for that pals, keep valuables away)  

Arcade Fire, st. Vincent, Jackmaster, twilight sad, 2014 (went a bit overboard on the liquor this year tbh, it also rained a lot, was shattered by the Saturday, had my phone nicked accidentally by an English chap in the food court, he got it back to me next day) 

2015 I genuinely have no WOW memories (i had a great time at lots of stuff but nothing earth shattering - I saw a very random comment recently that the black keys drummer was shite, made me laugh as I recall being puzzled about that too on the night) 

Radiohead, Brian Wilson 2016

There are some names I see now on old clash finders that I'm very disappointed I didnt go to see. Sufjan. Kendrick lamar. Kamasi Washington. 3 very obvious ones. If any of these future significant artists are hiding away on the bill for W1 please alert me. Thanks.

@TapeRecorder some light reading for you 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually think there will be some Ghosteen. They had to cancel the Ghosteen tour because of covid so that Bad Seeds album has never had a proper tour (appreciate it sounds like more of a Cave and Ellis collab but it is technically the Seeds). He seems to love performing that stuff based on the film and the Carnage tour. I don't think we will get much if any Carnage (which I prefer) but would love it if we did! 

That said for festival sets they always play a load of classics. Tupelo, Eternity, Mercy Seat, Deanna etc.

Either way it will be glorious although I can't quite trust they are playing until I see the schedule now.

The originally planned Ghosteen tour was to include a full choir. I bet they will not have that on this go-around, but I could still see them play White Elephant and Hand of God from Carnage as those are massive live bangers.

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

The originally planned Ghosteen tour was to include a full choir. I bet they will not have that on this go-around, but I could still see them play White Elephant and Hand of God from Carnage as those are massive live bangers.

I really hope so! Didn't realise they were going to have a full choir. I imagine there'll be like four backing singers for the tour.

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

It is understandable that a replacement has not been found. That money, however, should have gone into mid/high-tier acts to fill the gap (and I can't believe there is a lack of them) as it was done for the smile for wk2, but not for wk1. So yes, I don't care for ciutat or their email of excuses and it is definitely legit to be very disappointed. Just think that for people with the full ticket for both the weekends, it's like two very big headliners dropped! I mean, you have more than how many...100,200 bands in the line up? do something! Just make someone medium/big play twice I don't know! 

Moreover, basically every year one of the most hyped names drops out. I don't see this happening this regularly at the other festivals... maybe I should really start to buy the tickets taking into account that I won't see my favourite name 

Dont think festivals are for you mate. 

Old Travel Restrictions for UK residents visiting Spain remain in place until 15th June

The Ministry explains that stricter rules apply to travellers from third countries (UK). Third-country travellers are permitted entry to Spain for travel purposes only if they hold a valid vaccination or recovery certificate or if they fall into the exemption list.

2 hours ago, Traci said:

Yes but I think they ask for the downloaded printed version, which is madness 🤷🏼

This isn’t madness as it’s completely untrue.

They’ve stopped checking proof of vaccination in my experience and even if they do you can 100% just show the nhs app on your phone.

2 minutes ago, branvan said:

About the Tickets from Dice: In the new Access-Ticket-App I don't have this opportunity:  CLICK ON “CLAIM YOUR TICKETS FROM DICE

It says I should enter a code but I have no code... Do others have the same problem? 

I had that problem when I first installed the app. When I shut it done and reopened it again that option was there. Try that maybe? Sounds mad but it worked!

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I had that problem when I first installed the app. When I shut it done and reopened it again that option was there. Try that maybe? Sounds mad but it worked!

Still not... Have shut it down and reopened it.... I only have the Add your Ticket ID Option... Or do I have to activate my ticket first at Dice? 

14 minutes ago, branvan said:

Still not... Have shut it down and reopened it.... I only have the Add your Ticket ID Option... Or do I have to activate my ticket first at Dice? 

I updated the app and it appeared, though this was last week so maybe they're still fiddling with it.

This whole thing is so fucking annoying and unnecessary, to be honest. And I hate the fact I have to upload my personal information and ID to an app I have no idea who is in charge of, or where it's stored, or how secure it is.