Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Anyone know if it is going to be a mare for getting through El Prat using a UK passport? Heard a few worrying rumours that the EU queue is a breeze and the rest can take over an hour, which considering I dont arrive until 6ish on the Thursday eve is making me shed Boris shaped tears

58 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

As we approach the festival, I know some people mentioned this a while back but I'm happy to bring it up again. Thoughts on a WhatsApp group for meeting, announcements and general tips and stuff for the festival? I'm happy to get it set up. I'm a newbie to Primavera so it'd be good to communicate with some others about the festival. 

Thoughts?

If interested drop me a DM and if we get a few of us I'm happy to set a group up.

I'm down for that. Won't attend any meetings (going with a group of friends) but just for general updates of what's going on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yaniv297 said:

I'm down for that. Won't attend any meetings (going with a group of friends) but just for general updates of what's going on.

Great. Yeah I'm with a group too so meets are probably off the cards for me but I guess if someone wants to ask to meet on there it's available.

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I've just tested positive for the dreaded lurgy meaning that I'll be missing some important family events and BCNR on Thursday. 

Set times would be much appreciated today!

First time for you? I felt better on my 3rd day, rest as much as possible

9 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Anyone know if it is going to be a mare for getting through El Prat using a UK passport? Heard a few worrying rumours that the EU queue is a breeze and the rest can take over an hour, which considering I dont arrive until 6ish on the Thursday eve is making me shed Boris shaped tears

Hard to know and it hasn't been that bad at all on occasions I’ve been through recently but I’m expecting queues to worsen a lot as we head towards summer and of course the EU folk can fly through the electronic gates.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best (and vote re-join).

Edited by xxialac
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DDave said:

Sorry if I'm treading over old ground but surely there's a high chance of De La Soul and Fatoumata Diawara popping up for the 1st weekend at least? 

Diawara is in Spain already for W1 so maybe she hangs around for Desole. She's busy on Gorillaz W2 slot though. 

De La Soul aren't gonna fly out to Spain for a few songs. There's a good chance Little Simz could jump in for Feel Good Inc. on W1 since she's around. 

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

I’ll work on the assumption we’re getting nothing extra of note and therefore any extras will be a bonus

its been made fairly clear that aside from anything secret or hidden (which could be anything from nothing to incredible) that we arent getting any new names

So in summary it’s been made clear we won’t get new names (although we might get some incredible new names) 😉 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So in summary it’s been made clear we won’t get new names (although we might get some incredible new names) 😉 

Nothing whatsoever mentioned about any hidden stage, there may not be one at all

as for anything secret (a la arcade fire / haim 2017) its surely unlikely at best.

expecting nothing

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Nothing whatsoever mentioned about any hidden stage, there may not be one at all

as for anything secret (a la arcade fire / haim 2017) its surely unlikely at best.

expecting nothing

They never mention Hidden every year until it is suddenly announced in May so this year appears no different on the surface.

Also it’s no ordinary year, it’s the 20th anniversary, and they have pledged there will be surprises.

Edited by xxialac

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Just to add, not saying this group is SOLELY for meeting. It could just be used if there were any secret sets or things happening at the festival.

I’d be up for this - I’m already with a group for the festival, but I wanna be up to date on any random announcements or info to do with it!