Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Today's the day!*

*Disclaimer: today might not be the day

not sure it is about the lineup, but about Nick Cave - first few days after the funeral it makes sense he wont deal with it, and then came the weekend. I think that if we wont hear anything from him today or tomorrow, it means he's still in

The Nick Cave situation and some small stages pending to be announced make me think it can be any day but today. Can't remember if the map usually is out before or after but if I had to bet I'd lean towards Thursday/Friday.

9 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

not sure it is about the lineup, but about Nick Cave - first few days after the funeral it makes sense he wont deal with it, and then came the weekend. I think that if we wont hear anything from him today or tomorrow, it means he's still in

I doubt the funeral has happened yet. He only died a week ago and presumably had family and friends in the UK who would want to travel.

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I doubt the funeral has happened yet. He only died a week ago and presumably had family and friends in the UK who would want to travel.

Was going to say this. If there was any kind of inquest/]postmortem it would take even longer too. Last two funerals I went to were four and six weeks after death respectively (postmortem in last case delayed it).

On a happier note I'll predict Wednesday for timetable!

No one knows anything! Although it does feel reasonable to assume that both weekends timetables will drop at the same time

there has been more upheaval for weekend 1 but its obviously sooner, so youd expect 2 to be ready to go when that one is.

i def feel like the end of the week is more likely than the start, going for thursday - exactly 2 weeks before

agree its likely to be after the map, so hopefully that drops earlier in the week and the times after. Wouldnt surprise me if the times dont drop till next week on account of all the last min cancels for week 1 but hopefully not

Edited by Memory Man

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

No one knows anything! Although it does feel reasonable to assume that both weekends timetables will drop at the same time

there has been more upheaval for weekend 1 but its obviously sooner, so youd expect 2 to be ready to go when that one is.

i def feel like the end of the week is more likely than the start, going for thursday - exactly 2 weeks before

Didn't even consider they might drop them separately! Hope not but if W1 still has issues I guess it's possible?

At this point i expect they have it all done for weekend 2 but are probably still considering re-jigs for nick cave, girl in red, etc as i dont see them just leaving a gap where they were placed, so it necessitates moving other stuff about. Must be an absolute nightmare to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Primavera piss off 100% of their punters on a fairly regular basis 😂 but yes they will come out simultaneously almost certainly

i do hope they confirm in a news piece exactly who is out (and in, if any) rather than just leaving us to work out who isnt there as theyre not on the schedule

38 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

After hearing the new Kevin Morby album and the fact he is touring Europe, it’s a massive shame that he isn’t playing this year. 

Kevin Morby was the first act I saw at Primavera in 2017, Dorothy blaring out across Mordor in the sun was a great way to kick things off.

I’m expecting the times towards the end of the week. I think they’ll give themselves as long as possible to see what’s happening with Nick Cave. Replacing someone like Girl In Red is easy enough at the last minute, you could probably book a Spanish act without too much fuss, but replacing a headliner is very different as we know from the Massive Attack debacle.

It’s only been 7 weeks since Massive Attack cancelled, a timeframe which any festival would find challenging to find a replacement for, and we haven’t heard whether they will be replaced. 

Would reserve judgement until after we know. It’s absolutely possible they still have something up their sleeve.

But let's face it... Even without Nick Cave and Massive Attack, we still have Tame Impala, Pavement, Gorillaz, The National, The Strokes, Tyler The Creator, Beck, Jorja Smith as headliners on a 3-day festival. No reason to complain here.

Edited by Boss89

Just now, Boss89 said:

But let's face it... Even without Nick Cave and Massive Attack, we still have Tame Impala, Pavement, Gorillaz, The National, The Stokes, Tyler The Creator, Beck, Jorja Smith as headliners on a 3-day festival. No reason to complain here.

Nick Cave is by far the act I'm looking forward the most though. And it's not even close. It'll be the show of the festival, mark my words. 😉 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boss89 said:

But let's face it... Even without Nick Cave and Massive Attack, we still have Tame Impala, Pavement, Gorillaz, The National, The Strokes, Tyler The Creator, Beck, Jorja Smith as headliners on a 3-day festival. No reason to complain here.

Think people are rightly ok to be disappointed, but given the situation I'd like to hope most people understand the reasoning why. I think the complaints are around the replacement acts and how they have been handled. I'm gonna be disappointed at the no Massive Attack replacement but also understand the incredibly difficult last few years for the festival (and everybody) so I'll let them off. 

MA (and Cave if he drops) aren't getting replaced. The gigantic wall of text they put out was pretty clear about it. 

Expecting the timetable Wednesday afternoon personally but at least we can finally say it's this week! 

Edited by BenG92