Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I love it that everyone has a different festival to everybody else, looking at the names people are really looking forward to seeing here on the forum. hardly any of them are on my must see list and most I have no plans to see at all, which of course means all the bands I want to see will be playing to a handful of people and I will have lots of space all around me... or maybe in reality there will be thousands of people at every show I go to just like always ..

2 hours ago, postC86 said:

I love it that everyone has a different festival to everybody else, looking at the names people are really looking forward to seeing here on the forum. hardly any of them are on my must see list and most I have no plans to see at all, which of course means all the bands I want to see will be playing to a handful of people and I will have lots of space all around me... or maybe in reality there will be thousands of people at every show I go to just like always ..

Yeah I think this being a music forum means we’re probably favouring a lot of the chin strokey stuff, but in reality we’re not representative of the wider Primavera audience. Whoever you decide to see should have big crowds who are well up for it. Can’t wait!

9 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Actually, it's still the best day over both weekends for me with:

Lorde, The Strokes, Clairo, Courtney Barnett, and The Smile as must see's and on top Bleachers, Britanny Howard, Grimes, Giveon, M.I.A. and PinkPantheress:)

Actually think The Smile, Burna Boy and Clairo aren't any smaller than some headliners, Jorja Smith or Interpol for example

Don't forget Bad Boy Chiller Crew.

• Like 5

Probably just preaching to the converted, but if you've been infected with Omicron but not boosted yet, get boosted. BA5 has hit here in Portugal and we're looking at (unfortunately) another massive wave, will be the same thing in Spain in a couple of weeks I'd imagine. Best be as prepared as possible. Studies are showing it easily reinfects you if you've already had OG Omicron, but you've got a bit more of a chance if you've been infected plus boosted. 

2 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Probably just preaching to the converted, but if you've been infected with Omicron but not boosted yet, get boosted. BA5 has hit here in Portugal and we're looking at (unfortunately) another massive wave, will be the same thing in Spain in a couple of weeks I'd imagine. Best be as prepared as possible. Studies are showing it easily reinfects you if you've already had OG Omicron, but you've got a bit more of a chance if you've been infected plus boosted. 

Yes, it is true. Here in Portugal, numbers are rising again. I got Covid this week, and I am boosted. I had some symptons, but nothing compared with my wife (who is not boosted yet). The good new is that I am not worried of getting Covid in the next weeks (which would risk our presence in Barcelona).

3 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Yes, it is true. Here in Portugal, numbers are rising again. I got Covid this week, and I am boosted. I had some symptons, but nothing compared with my wife (who is not boosted yet). The good new is that I am not worried of getting Covid in the next weeks (which would risk our presence in Barcelona).

Ah, damn. Could I ask, did you come down with Omicron back in Jan/Feb? 

7 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Ah, damn. Could I ask, did you come down with Omicron back in Jan/Feb? 

No, it was our first time. Even with the release of masks, we were still wearing a mask everywhere, with all the precautions (I have some family vulnerable), but it was not enough. This Omicrom is really infectious.

1 minute ago, MeMeMeM said:

No, it was our first time. Even with the release of masks, we were still wearing a mask everywhere, with all the precautions (I have some family vulnerable), but it was not enough. This Omicrom is really infectious.

yeah! I'm a teacher here so it was a matter of time. Luckily, I got the booster in early Jan, so by the time I got Omicron (late Jan) it helped my symptoms be pretty light (nothing more than a head cold really).

Hope you guys feel better! 

5 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

yeah! I'm a teacher here so it was a matter of time. Luckily, I got the booster in early Jan, so by the time I got Omicron (late Jan) it helped my symptoms be pretty light (nothing more than a head cold really).

Hope you guys feel better! 

I was boosted in early Jan too, so I guess it helped to be something lighter. But my wife is not boosted yet, and she is having fever, body aches, cough...

So...yeah, get boosted.

Thanks! And take care. Just three weeks to go (are you going W1 or W2? Or both? We are going W1, and staying until the 9th).

54 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I was boosted in early Jan too, so I guess it helped to be something lighter. But my wife is not boosted yet, and she is having fever, body aches, cough...

So...yeah, get boosted.

Thanks! And take care. Just three weeks to go (are you going W1 or W2? Or both? We are going W1, and staying until the 9th).

I'm actually going to the Porto edition, but going to Paris for a few days before hand to see Tyler. I'm sure we'll be fine, but my anxiety until then about getting it again will be going up!