Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, Bram said:

With MA cancellation add with this Japanese Breakfast update, Week 2 Day 2 seems to have the weakest lineup. 

I still got there The Strokes, The Smile, Run the Jewels, Remi Wolf, Sampa the Great, M.I.A, Courtney Barnett, Brittany Howard, Tops and Special Request. Obvs depends on schedule but could work out just fine, as Thursday and Saturday are absolutely packed for me.

2 hours ago, Bram said:

With MA cancellation add with this Japanese Breakfast update, Week 2 Day 2 seems to have the weakest lineup. 

I was thinking the same. On the other hand, any day with a Strokes show is a good day. And in the midst of like 12 days of clashes in a row, it will feel nice to have a low stakes day wandering around at random. Going to the reggaeton stage and ending up liking it. Going to the underground parking lot stage and get lost in the dry ice. That sort of day and night.

Nobody questions how stacked the line up is and the unique curatorial taste behind it but I wonder how we should believe in what they say in the email. Not that it makes a difference, anyway, but how long does it take to arrange a surprise arcade fire set at coachella? Would you have to book them 6 months in advance? I feel like if it wasn’t sold out they would have had more motivation to add replacements. I guess they added more stuff to wk2 because there was more people selling tickets than for wk1

• Downvote 2

I'm thinking there might be some clues in the last part of the email.

"Can't do without you" - maybe Caribou to headline. 

"We aren't afraid to repeat ourselves" - Weekend 2 acts filling in on weekend 1, or acts playing multiple days.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Feels like first half now, hopefully monday.

Bit agonising, the wait.

My eyes aren’t gonna know where to look first.

Who’s in Massive Attack’s slot?!

Is Nick Cave still there?!

Anybody else dropped out?!

Which clashes are gonna have me punching inanimate objects?!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And: Will there be a Hidden Stage again?

10 hours ago, Bram said:

Actually, it's still the best day over both weekends for me with:

Lorde, The Strokes, Clairo, Courtney Barnett, and The Smile as must see's and on top Bleachers, Britanny Howard, Grimes, Giveon, M.I.A. and PinkPantheress:)

Actually think The Smile, Burna Boy and Clairo aren't any smaller than some headliners, Jorja Smith or Interpol for example

I’m happy I have one weak day of the six (also W2, D2) as offers a chance to explore the site and take it easy. And spend some time on the beach/in BITS.

Mew have gaps on their mini tour and would be a great add.

And it won’t feel like Primavera unless Bradford Cox is there in some capacity. Send a private jet.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Systems going into overload when I see TBA appear on the lineup

• Like 1

First port of call for me is gonna be weekend 1 Saturday. Such a stacked day - I know its unlikely now, but I'd be very happy if they moved one or two to the Thursday to fill gaps and reduce my clash chances!! 

Nick Cave, Beach House, Idles and Gorillaz are my top ones that day and I wouldn't be shocked if 2 or 3 clashed. 

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

First port of call for me is gonna be weekend 1 Saturday. Such a stacked day - I know its unlikely now, but I'd be very happy if they moved one or two to the Thursday to fill gaps and reduce my clash chances!! 

It would be great if they add you to Thursday's bill.

I'm going to Porto this year so cancellations aren't as huge as they are for Barcelona (for example, OM cancelling just meant Porto got Squid to come over to PT as well). But this Japanese Breakfast cancellation is the first cancellation that feels a bit ridiculous to me. For months and months the tour dates have been flagged as just bizarre. It's a little disrespectful to her EU fans after the original Spain dates were cancelled a few weeks before the show (like 2 weeks maybe?). 

Edited by KGeedora

14 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

I'm going to Porto this year so cancellations aren't as huge as they are for Barcelona (for example, OM cancelling just meant Porto got Squid to come over to PT as well). But this Japanese Breakfast cancellation is the first cancellation that feels a bit ridiculous to me. For months and months the tour dates have been flagged as just bizarre. It's a little disrespectful to her EU fans after the original Spain dates were cancelled a few weeks before the show (like 2 weeks maybe?). 

Totally agree, they never looked realistic. More of a dog’s dinner than a japanese breakfast.

42 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Yeah, probably a scheduling thing. They had a really tight window to perform in Sweden + Porto + Barcelona and making it back to New York.

image.thumb.png.659811e99f2e69c6d91d58de139eec3f.png