Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, Gregorick said:

A good message I think. Probably should have released it along with the changes and news of massive attack dropping (and probably no replacement) but better late than never.

On the other hand, the Massive Attack news was announced almost immediately by the festival unlike some (Looking at you Mad Cool and QOTSA) and they have genuinely tried to find a suitable replacement but haven't been able to, thus the email above.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff. Honestly, I know a lot of people wanted a play-by-play update of dropouts and changes from the festival, but that rarely ever happens and it makes far more sense for them to do it in this way with one message addressing it all. The Massive Attack (and possibly Nick Cave) situation is gonna remain a mystery until timetable time clearly, but that’s about as good of a message as you could expect from them imo. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

On the other hand, the Massive Attack news was announced almost immediately by the festival unlike some (Looking at you Mad Cool and QOTSA) and they have genuinely tried to find a suitable replacement but haven't been able to, thus the email above.

QOTSA cancelled Mad Cool in January and here we are now in mid June and they still haven’t even disclosed this information. Mindboggling.

1 hour ago, fools_gold said:

If I've bought a guaranteed ticket for PC Music night, would I be able to leave the venue and get back in? 8pm - 5am is a little daunting in one go 

Most likely you can use your ticket to enter only once, like at a simple concert

I'm fine with the email but I'd love to see that Massive Attack/Brockhampton/C Tanaga/Om/etc etc money that's been freed up placed elsewhere, which it.. just hasn't been. Particularly for the weekend 1 crew the lineup's just thinned out, with nothing of note to even attempt to fill in the gaps. Weekend 2's had a bunch of great mid table stuff added and I'd be lying if I didn't feel a bit bitter about it.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I'm fine with the email but I'd love to see that Massive Attack/Brockhampton/C Tanaga/Om/etc etc money that's been freed up placed elsewhere, which it.. just hasn't been. Particularly for the weekend 1 crew the lineup's just thinned out, with nothing of note to even attempt to fill in the gaps. Weekend 2's had a bunch of great mid table stuff added and I'd be lying if I didn't feel a bit bitter about it.

Yeah can’t argue with that. Weekend 1 was undeniably the stronger of the two initially (for me, anyway) but has taken a battering since, and the acts added don’t come close to replicating those who’ve dropped out in size. Maybe there will be some surprises come the full timetable, but if not then it’s pretty disappointing from the festival as I’m sure if they’d tried hard enough they could’ve found some suitable replacements, or even slightly lesser acts to plug the holes.

1 minute ago, Float said:

I hope that email isn’t softening us up for a Nick Cave cancellation…

Although I do have hope that a cancellation would have already been announced by now. 

Yeah would be pretty awful if we found out he wasn’t playing by him just not being on the timetable 😬😅

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

"hey sorry we haven't done more for you but thanks for the money!"

it's funny how people still fall for this shit 

In fairness, they gave us a massive Ciudad programme with acts that headline other festivals like Beck and Megan Thee Stallion and for the same price as previous years.

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

"hey sorry we haven't done more for you but thanks for the money!"

it's funny how people still fall for this shit 

Nobodies falling for anything. I can think it's a fairly well written message whilst still being disappointed, I spoke about this 3 weeks back. No one is shilling for the festival here but we can at least have a level of understanding that it's probably quite difficult to book a replacement. Connect festival in Edinburgh got Idles - and that's in August.

35 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Split the refund from the acts dropping out and give it to all festival goers as bar credit.

• Upvote 2

We have some more great surprises still to be announced including I feel one substantial one, the timetable will be clash-city anyway and it's less than three weeks until we take those thrilling steps through the sunny gates after being denied for three years and somehow we're going ahead with no covid restrictions. And if that's not enough, we'll also witness the first Pavement gig in 12 years and no doubt some amazing shows at what is a double edition and 20th anniversary celebration 

The glass is not half full, it's overflowing!

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Bram said:

Read the email and feel bitter about no replacement for MA, OM, etc, etc, etc…. then I saw the Governors Ball 2022 set times & lineup on IG, and realize how stacked still this PS 2022 lineup 

Most American festivals are garbage this year, GovBall included. PS is still a great deal for Americans traveling over. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

We have some more great surprises still to be announced including I feel one substantial one, the timetable will be clash-city anyway and it's less than three weeks until we take those thrilling steps through the sunny gates after being denied for three years and somehow we're going ahead with no covid restrictions. And if that's not enough, we'll also witness the first Pavement gig in 12 years and no doubt some amazing shows at what is a double edition and 20th anniversary celebration 

The glass is not half full, it's overflowing!

And (hopefully) late nite Bikini Kill set at Ray Ban….🔥🔥🔥 !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, puckno said:

The schedule gonna be full of clashes, ok one less with MA maybe.

They didn’t need new names they just had to move beach house/bauhaus  to headline on the thursday instead of having them clash with everyone else. I hope that since we are already pissed off at least they will still save us some painful clashes 🙄

Edited by Whos3000_