Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 hours ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Slightly off topic… but Arcade Fire tour tickets are €80?! Is this a joke?!

edit: not being a tightarse, just feel the band have lost touch with reality a bit 

I remember the last tour was €65, but this time you’re getting Feist supporting which brings the price up I imagine. 

Have I missed the loop on this Ciutat business?

There Wed-Monday, and was planning on using the Wed and Sun to chill and since I'm going with a friend who has never been to Barcelona assuming he wants to see some of the city at least. But wouldn't mind catching a few extra acts if it is at all viable. Flying over to Manchester on the Monday for Run The Jewels.

13 minutes ago, Montag said:

Has there been anything saying Japanese Breakfast is gone from week 2? Seem to remember someone mentioning it a while back but was on the latest poster

I think there were som suspicious intercontinental movements on their tour schedule, but PS even confirmed on social media, that they are definitely still on. So see you on their show. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

the timetable in 2019 was released on Friday...

But the day before there was this Q&A session with one of the sponsors where you could ask for the time of a specific concert and they would disclose it. So here on the forums, we knew pretty much everything on Thursday.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

So that new Kendrick Lamar record is magic. Here's hoping for 2023 headliner (... Massive Attack replacement...) 

Next up, the Smile... Reviews v strong. Very jealous of the weekend 2ers again. 

Any other new stuff out today worth digging into? 

Moderat.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

So that new Kendrick Lamar record is magic. Here's hoping for 2023 headliner (... Massive Attack replacement...) 

Next up, the Smile... Reviews v strong. Very jealous of the weekend 2ers again. 

Any other new stuff out today worth digging into? 

If you mean something from the Primavera line-up, then new TOPS EP is out this week (Empty Souls) and also Amaia has released new album today - the singles that precede the album were pretty good so I'm definitely planning to dig into it before I find out next week, after the timetable is released, that I'm not going to see her. 🙂

Edited by pipan

17 minutes ago, pipan said:

But the day before there was this Q&A session with one of the sponsors where you could ask for the time of a specific concert and they would disclose it. So here on the forums, we knew pretty much everything on Thursday.

Yes , with Lotus watches,i remember

20 minutes ago, pipan said:

God that was absolute chaos. I just remember getting the information bit by bit. Like they would be asked for a band then they would sometimes just give a time and others a stage and time and then people would have to ask for more info. It was exhausting. Most traction that Lotus social media page ever had!

New Kendrick is great, gotta be at Prima 23. 

Really curious to see what his new setlists will look like, DAMN. was full of songs that lent themselves to a live show and this new album is way closer to TPAB. Would love to see some quieter tracks he's not played from his discography. 

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No single use plastic this year. It’s a start…

Would be great if they'd let people bring in reusable bottles. The lid situation is a pain - I'd be more than happy to carry around my reusable bottle and refill. I'll even bring it in empty so they don't have to worry about me smuggling booze! 

Just now, unodosseb said:

First impressions of The Smile’s album?

Listening now, it's good, better than the weakest Radiohead albums for sure. 

New Smile, Kendrick and Moderat albums, and MCR and Black Midi singles in one day, what a gift! 

• Upvote 1