Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

35 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

And they're rotating out some of the more popular ones, they didn't play Someday at their last show either. 

As long as I hear Ode to the Mets I'm good, and they seem to be playing it every show

Ode to the Mets is the main thing I want to hear from their set

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

went to see the nick cave film too last night

not major news, i admit, but his wife susie was there in the front row. all i take from this is that she's not currently with nick. 

What did you think? I thought it was really beautiful, could have done with some more documentary bits among the songs but it looked stunning. Made me really want to see them again.

Do you think maybe he's in Aus then? First tour date is 2nd June so I guess they will be making a decision or announcement soon. It's really not far away. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What did you think? I thought it was really beautiful, could have done with some more documentary bits among the songs but it looked stunning. Made me really want to see them again.

Do you think maybe he's in Aus then? First tour date is 2nd June so I guess they will be making a decision or announcement soon. It's really not far away. 

i agree - i could watch film of nick and 'waz' all night long, although some of the songs from Carnage sounded so good. much better than i expected from the record. and that scene with warren's desktop cracked me up!

Edited by Ohjesus

4 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

i agree - i could watch film of nick and 'waz' all night long, although some of the songs from Carnage sounded so good. much better than i expected from the record. and that scene with warren's desktop cracked me up!

Ha, the 'Waz' bit made me laugh out loud! Such a great cameo from Ms Faithfull. Did you get to see any of the Carnage shows last October? Those songs are so, so good live that it would be criminal for them not to play them again, but not sure if they will be part of a Bad Seeds set.

1 hour ago, MrTobs said:

Hey, a friend of mine just decided that he wants to join us for the 2nd weekend. What do you think is the best option to get a ticket now, the Dice-waiting list? Or is ticketswap legit? Thanks for your answers:)

Sent you a DM

15 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Most famous I've seen is Erlend Oye (he didn't play that year). Guys everwhere. Third time I met him at any festival.

Edit: Upon googling Big Jeff I can confirm I did see him too which led to me not seeing much of Deerhunter in Sala Apolo

Got this picture of Erlend Oye, the first day of PS2016, just inside the entrance, pointing at the stage they played at PS2012 (great show btw)....

image.thumb.png.025d2b4f622a9eb39b28f028df174edb.png

Edited by puckno

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Absolutely, I think all tickets need to start transitioning to saving to a Google Wallet/Apple Wallet in the future. The Ticketmaster App is atrocious and ive had plenty issues of loading that up at the entrance to a venue! Thankfully you can save tickets to that to Google Pay so I can never have to open the awful app.

So Access Ticket jumped straight onto my query & said the below.  As the other person on here suggested, deleting the app or a reset seems to fix - but bottom line it sounds like the old school wristband combined with the App for 2022...

The original QR of the ticket won't be necessary anymore as all access will be with Access Ticket, the app will work without wifi once you create the QR, but if something like a non loading bug appears Primavera Sound will have wifi to solve this situation!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, livenstu said:

So Access Ticket jumped straight onto my query & said the below.  As the other person on here suggested, deleting the app or a reset seems to fix - but bottom line it sounds like the old school wristband combined with the App for 2022...

The original QR of the ticket won't be necessary anymore as all access will be with Access Ticket, the app will work without wifi once you create the QR, but if something like a non loading bug appears Primavera Sound will have wifi to solve this situation!

Yeah that sounds fair enough. Glad the QR code works without a connection.

1 minute ago, Rhak said:

Although I'm hoping for the contrary I don't see any indication that there would necessarily be wristbands: if the ports at the festival can scan the QR. At the venues: i guess there will be people scanning...

They have already confirmed that it will be wristbands. 

18 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Although I'm hoping for the contrary I don't see any indication that there would necessarily be wristbands: if the ports at the festival can scan the QR. At the venues: i guess there will be people scanning...

Whilst there will be scanning at the midweek venues (with the Dice tickets), a wristband is much quicker and simpler for getting people into a venue I would assume. Plus if there's any connectivity issues at the numerous venues they've got then it's gonna be a nightmare. 

32 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

They have already confirmed that it will be wristbands. 

32 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Direct confirmation from PS on Twitter seems like a good indication that there will be wristbands.

My bad, my board fever has only picked up recently so I might be missing out on crucial information. 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Any idea on when we can expect set times? Would love to start planning properly and focusing my playlists. Only three weeks to go... 

Theyve been saying ‘two weeks before the festival’ for a while now, and they’ve now started replying with ‘soon’ so probably next week.

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Theyve been saying ‘two weeks before the festival’ for a while now, and they’ve now started replying with ‘soon’ so probably next week.

Perfect, thanks! 

Primavera times one week, Glastonbury the next. I'm gonna be seeing clashfinders whenever I close my eyes. 

18 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

That depends on the airline. Norwegian (that I will fly with) doesn't have that requirement. 

You’re completely right, didn’t realise that airlines could decide on their oen policy. When you arrive in Spain however you’ll need a mask on the train/metro (but not at the festival or in shops).

Edited by xxialac

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You’re completely right, didn’t realise that airlines could decide on their oen policy. When you arrive in Spain however you’ll need a mask at the airport (but not at the festival or in shops).

And on the public transport as well I suppose. Might still change by then. Belgium still has the same rules but looks like govt will be ending them end of next week.