Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Boring non line up related question but anyone else having issues with the AccessTicket App & it not loading the QR code correctly?  I've completed the security checks so good to go, but now when I open the app the spinning wheel appears & doesn't load up anything in 'My events'.

I'm imagining this happening to numerous people when scanning at the entrance gates & it being chaos if this is replacing the old credit card system we used to have.  Not sure if that has been confirmed anywhere?

2 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Boring non line up related question but anyone else having issues with the AccessTicket App & it not loading the QR code correctly?  I've completed the security checks so good to go, but now when I open the app the spinning wheel appears & doesn't load up anything in 'My events'.

I'm imagining this happening to numerous people when scanning at the entrance gates & it being chaos if this is replacing the old credit card system we used to have.  Not sure if that has been confirmed anywhere?

Mine is fine this end. There is a support and help option under the settings, not sure how helpful that'll be but worth a try. I haven't had any issues so far moving from redtkt to AccessTicket. Seems like Dice is having a lot of issues unfortunately.

I'm really hoping that once the qr code and ID is loaded it's saved in a cache somewhere, if it's relying on an internet signal at the gates it could potentially be a nightmare if the app bugs out from all the requests.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Actually, probably just work taking a screenshot as well if it is linked to the internet, I didn't think the app allowed you to a couple weeks back but it seems to have worked now.

Thanks.  Yes, my thoughts too re the internet signal at the gates, would be good to get an option to download to a smart phone wallet, or screenshot.  Just need the ticket back first.

I've messaged them either way & any relevant news I'll post back.

2 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Thanks.  Yes, my thoughts too re the internet signal at the gates, would be good to get an option to download to a smart phone wallet, or screenshot.  Just need the ticket back first.

I've messaged them either way & any relevant news I'll post back.

Absolutely, I think all tickets need to start transitioning to saving to a Google Wallet/Apple Wallet in the future. The Ticketmaster App is atrocious and ive had plenty issues of loading that up at the entrance to a venue! Thankfully you can save tickets to that to Google Pay so I can never have to open the awful app.

Presumably they will set up a wristband exchange in or near the Poble Espanyol on the Wednesday which should in turn cut down queues on Thursday.

Even if you only arrive on Thursday would recommend getting to the forum before you head there for the night to do the exchange. It's not like it's far - i.e. it's 15 mins by taxi from the centre of town.

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Presumably they will set up a wristband exchange in or near the Poble Espanyol on the Wednesday which should in turn cut down queues on Thursday.

Even if you only arrive on Thursday would recommend getting to the forum before you head there for the night to do the exchange. It's not like it's far - i.e. it's 15 mins by taxi from the centre of town.

but my thinking is the app QR code replaces the credit card we've had in previous years in addition to the wristband, the one that is scanned at the turnstile gates at the forum.

2019 feels so long ago & I can't remember if we had them then?  I know I've still got a few older ones from previous years.

18 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Big Secret show/last minute replacements contenders: Kevin Morby and The Brian Jonestown Massacre are both in France during Weekend 1 and don't have other shows that weekend if I'm not mistaken.

The same goes for Ibeyi on W2 (one gig on the Saturday on central France, nothing else in between)

18 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Big Secret show/last minute replacements contenders: Kevin Morby and The Brian Jonestown Massacre are both in France during Weekend 1 and don't have other shows that weekend if I'm not mistaken.

Would like that a lot. 

25 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Really not sure it's better with all these clashes, but adding Brian Jonestown Massacre to some Razzmatazz gig would be cool

Been looking at some setlists so I can get an idea of what to listen to for some of the acts I’ve discovered/am less familiar with and noticed that The Strokes have not only finally stopped playing Is This It almost in its entirety, but actually don’t even play Last Nite anymore or even some of the other more well known songs from it. I’m sure it wouldn’t be popular with some as it’s an obvious ‘festival anthem’ or whatever, but as somebody who could happily never hear that song again, I hope it’s left out at Primavera and they play a similar more varied setlist like they were doing at festivals earlier this year. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been looking at some setlists so I can get an idea of what to listen to for some of the acts I’ve discovered/am less familiar with and noticed that The Strokes have not only finally stopped playing Is This It almost in its entirety, but actually don’t even play Last Nite anymore or even some of the other more well known songs from it. I’m sure it wouldn’t be popular with some as it’s an obvious ‘festival anthem’ or whatever, but as somebody who could happily never hear that song again, I hope it’s left out at Primavera and they play a similar more varied setlist like they were doing at festivals earlier this year. 

And they're rotating out some of the more popular ones, they didn't play Someday at their last show either. 

As long as I hear Ode to the Mets I'm good, and they seem to be playing it every show

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm landing in on the Thursday on the later side (5pm) so will be taxi-ing it to my accomms to check in, quick Irish shower and then straight to the venue. Wondering what the food situ would be like once i'm in? Guessing anything will be on the pricier end of the scale but is there a decent selection? Haven't been since 2011 (yikes)

Edited by BA_Barrabus

3 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I'm landing in on the Thursday on the later side (5pm) so will be taxi-ing it to my accomms to check in, quick Irish shower and then straight to the venue. Wondering what the food situ would be like once i'm in? Guessing anything will be on the procier end of the scale but is there a decent selection? Haven't been since 2011 (yikes)

Loads of bits ranging from about 6 Euros up to 16ish. Wouldn't stress about it but if you're looking to maximise your time watching acts I'd probably grab something en route to the site. There is food everywhere in Barcelona.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looks like they're more confident, maybe because of the good response the New Abnormal had. Their last Primavera set was literally a greatest hits set. Kinda liked it tbh, but their current sets are pretty decent too.

Kinda surprised at how they always play Trying Your Luck, always thought it's the most forgettable Is this It track by far.

Edited by yaniv297