Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah stoked about this. Also an unusually large gap in between Gizz finishing and Slowdive starting. Secret set of some kind maybe? Or just standing around waiting an hour fifteen for Slowdive to set up all their pedals?

I was just thinking similar, hoping that King Giz might get a little reign to play over their allotted time. There's no long gaps in Razzmatazz on Sunday & Wednesday so it's not like it's a venue thing. Weird one.

Edited by JSmurphy

18 minutes ago, Float said:

KKB and Jehnny Beth’s slots have already been switched at the Beck ciutat show. Suits me better this way as I have zero interest in KKB.

Well shit, thanks for pointing this out, I was planning on seeing KKB and then run to Sala Apolo for Iceage, it would have been a bit difficult but I guess this just solved the problem for me lol.

24 minutes ago, Float said:

KKB and Jehnny Beth’s slots have already been switched at the Beck ciutat show. Suits me better this way as I have zero interest in KKB.

Actually really happy about this, means I can go see Beach Bunny before going to Razz without worrying about having to travel both ways

1 minute ago, unodosseb said:

Actually really happy about this, means I can go see Beach Bunny before going to Razz without worrying about having to travel both ways

But chance Razzmatazz will then be full by the time you arrive (and it's quite a distance between the venues too)

Hard one to call...

I personally will now leave after Beck which should be good news to any KKB fans waiting outside. 

I wonder what the likelihood of getting out of Sons of Kemet at Apolo at 11pm, taxi to Razz and into BEAK> at 11:30pm (without a 15% ticket)… probably BLEAK>

• Upvote 2

Do we think Beck is going to play an acoustic show? I just saw him at SXSW and he did a full acoustic set, albeit with a slide guitar player for half of the songs that he'd met the night prior. I think he also just announced an acoustic tour as well, so curious if there's any indication that this set will be full band? He's my #1 priority for the Sunday if I'm not utterly drained.

I'm amazed at the level of pure stupidity on social media right now. People honestly tearing up, because two midweek gigs wer canceled one of which would've been a 20-minute or so showcase-appearance by an act playing both weekends and the other a world-famous DJ playing a 280 PAX venue with technically close to 200.000 people elligeble for access. Just mental to take it for granted you'd get into that. 
How the hell did these people think they were going to get into every single ciutat show? How naive can one be?

Communication-wise, PS should've waited much longer before releasing the midweek lineup, especially the big names. They're doing a terrible job at PR - as usual - but ther anger is down to peoples absurd expectations.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I'm amazed at the level of pure stupidity on social media right now. People honestly tearing up, because two midweek gigs wer canceled one oh which would've been a 20-minute or so showcase-appearance and the other a world-famous DJ playing a 280 PAX venue with technically close to 200.000 people elligeble for access. 
How the hell did these people think they were going to get into every single ciutat show? How naive can one be?

Communication-wise, PS should've waited much longer before releasing the midweek lineup, especially the big names. They're doing a terrible job at PR - as usual - but ther anger is down to peoples absurd expectations.

People on reddit and facebook seem particularly idiotic and entitled.

There are still more surprises to come, the poster is already a sea of amazing clashes and how many festivals have a stacked 5-day fringe fest tacked on for free?!