Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I couldn't get anything, fingers crossed my w1 + 2 ticket gets me in

Same boat. I’ll see what I can try and do but to be honest my old ass will probably be exhausted enough from two weekends in a row so the enforced music break might do me good.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I couldn't get anything, fingers crossed my w1 + 2 ticket gets me in

My honest opinion is if you're trying to get into Razz 1 or Poble Espanyol you'll be fine. Just arrive in good time 🙂 

Just saw that Pavement have posted a few possible setlists up on their Instagram. Obviously most of the shit you expect is there, but some surprises too, most prominently for me being Embassy Row which is an absolute favourite of mine but not one they ever really played regularly. Stoked! Really hope we get it or I’ll be gutted (well.. as gutted as you can be after finally seeing Pavement at Primavera after a three year wait…)

6 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Seems like all my Ciutat nights will be Razzmatazz. Any thoughts on that huge ass gap between Kero Kero Bonito and Jenny Beth? Should we expect some surprise name?

That’ll be the surprise Arcade Fire, Portishead and Nine Inch Nails appearances

• Like 1

Only gig we're really arsed about is Magnetic Fields so will be attempting to get there nice and early for that. Is it quite a small venue? The others we might see how we feel, but I think exploring Barcelona might be more appealing than more live music at that point.

Would love to see Linda Lindas and Wet Leg on the 1st, but I think we arrive a bit too late really. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Only gig we're really arsed about is Magnetic Fields so will be attempting to get there nice and early for that. Is it quite a small venue? The others we might see how we feel, but I think exploring Barcelona might be more appealing than more live music at that point.

Would love to see Linda Lindas and Wet Leg on the 1st, but I think we arrive a bit too late really. 

Its a great city to explore. Cant wait. if im not in bad shape each morning I plan on doing a lot of mooching around.

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same question about the Magnetic Fields, how packed do you think it will be?

Just now, yaniv297 said:

In 2017, when they played during the festival at Auditori ("premium" show - you had to buy a separate ticket for 5 EUR in order to get in), it was quite packed (I remember only few seats here and there not being occupied). But I have no idea about the capacity difference between Auditori and this year's venue. I also suppose, it will be "standing" concert this year. So didn't help much.

8 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Magnetic Fields are Playing Parallel 62 right? It's been called Sala Barts up until recently. It's a standing space and I reckon it'll fit 1,500 people in it maybe a tad more. I've seen Angel Olsen, Explosions In The Sky and Tallest Man On Earth there to give you an idea of scale. It's a great venue and I reckon you'll get a spot.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Magnetic Fields are Playing Parallel 62 right? It's been called Sala Barts up until recently. It's a standing space and I reckon it'll fit 1,500 people in it maybe a tad more. I've seen Angel Olsen, Explosions In The Sky and Tallest Man On Earth there to give you an idea of scale. It's a great venue and I reckon you'll get a spot.

Thanks, good to know!

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Just saw that Pavement have posted a few possible setlists up on their Instagram. Obviously most of the shit you expect is there, but some surprises too, most prominently for me being Embassy Row which is an absolute favourite of mine but not one they ever really played regularly. Stoked! Really hope we get it or I’ll be gutted (well.. as gutted as you can be after finally seeing Pavement at Primavera after a three year wait…)

I think the takeaway (even if not surprising) is that Harness Your Hopes is listed there. It wasn't played at all in their 2010 tour, but than it famously somehow became their most popular song on Spotify (something something algorithm), so looks like they put it in their setlist now.

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think Pavement (particularly at a festival) will hit out the major hits with possibly a couple of deep cuts. The arena tour they are doing after Primavera will prob be more of the deep cuts I'd imagine.

Just give me Grounded and I'm okay with whatevs

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

I think Pavement (particularly at a festival) will hit out the major hits with possibly a couple of deep cuts. The arena tour they are doing after Primavera will prob be more of the deep cuts I'd imagine.

Just give me Grounded and I'm okay with whatevs

I’m going to their Manchester show later in the year so hopefully I get the best of both worlds.

Absolutely salivating at the thought of hearing some of these songs live. The announcement that they were playing seems like forever ago.

The Pavement setlist seems to have quite a few stuff they didn't play at all in 2010.

Harness Your hopes, Major Leagues, Filmore Jive, Forklift, The Porpoise & The Hand Grenade, Black Out, No Tan Lines, Type Slowly, Folk Jam, Carrot Rope (Generally loads of terror twilight stuff), Speak see Remember, Be the hook, Billie, Platform Blues, Painted soliders, Cream of Gold, Half a Canyon, etc.

Very low chance those deep cuts are played in Primavera (other than Harness which is a major hit now) but still cool to see. 

3 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

The Pavement setlist seems to have quite a few stuff they didn't play at all in 2010.

Harness Your hopes, Major Leagues, Filmore Jive, Forklift, The Porpoise & The Hand Grenade, Black Out, No Tan Lines, Type Slowly, Folk Jam, Carrot Rope (Generally loads of terror twilight stuff), Speak see Remember, Be the hook, Billie, Platform Blues, Painted soliders, Cream of Gold, Half a Canyon, etc.

Very low chance those deep cuts are played in Primavera (other than Harness which is a major hit now) but still cool to see. 

Yeah, I saw them twice on that 2010 run, and none of that stuff was played. I agree that it's highly unlikely they pull many of them out for the festival shows, but I'd absolutely love Black Out and/or Carrot Rope.

It's kinda wild one of those setlists doesn't have Cut Your Hair. Everyone of them has the major few songs (Range Life, Grounded, Spit on a Stranger, Gold Soundz)

Any recommendations for stuff to do in the day (specifically Fri/Sat of weekend 2).  Besides the obvious Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell- wondering if there's anything we've missed on previous visits- good places for brunch/lunch, daytime music, cool galleries etc? Would appreciate any tips!

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Adjacent to this there are lots of acts touring that their first show or one of their first shows will be Primavera for a while, for me The National, Slowdive, Beck spring to mind - so really excited to see what their setlists contain after being away for a while. Potentially some newer songs I hope!