Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

why on earth are these guys asking for your drivers licence or passport in exchange for your ticket in this silly app lol? 

Same reason you can't sell your ticket on eBay, they don't like people selling tickets for marked up prices so your ID is attached to your ticket. 

I bought one of mine via someone here and Dice traded the ticket between accounts but specifically said they did not want me to pay more than RRP.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Same reason you can't sell your ticket on eBay, they don't like people selling tickets for marked up prices so your ID is attached to your ticket. 

I bought one of mine via someone here and Dice traded the ticket between accounts but specifically said they did not want me to pay more than RRP.

That's ridiculous though. Nowhere else does that. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

That's ridiculous though. Nowhere else does that. 

They absolutely do. Glastonbury as an example is THE festival and has an extensive registration process including photo ID and strictly prohibits ticket resale. That's the biggest example but many more do the same thing

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

They absolutely do. Glastonbury as an example is THE festival and has an extensive registration process including photo ID and strictly prohibits ticket resale. That's the biggest example but many more do the same thing

I don't think Glastonbury make you scan your passport though?

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think Glastonbury make you scan your passport though?

No, but a passport style photo, really not much difference. Very very low chance you don't already have some kind of valid photo ID for this app especially for a festival with big international appeal 

Yeah Glastonbury is a completely different ballpark to this. The registration is to manage the ticket sale process - not being able to sell your ticket is just a spin off of that. They could easily implement a system to do that if they wanted to. And its only your postcode you're giving over.

This is a legal document with the bulk of your identity on it, which they're asking for in exchange for getting in to an event which people paid for *years* ago with no knowledge of this requirement. 

Wonder what % of tickets they’re allotting for the double weekender people. Thankfully I don’t think I’ll be trying for any of the mega popular/tiny venue shows, but gonna be interesting how they divvy it all up and how early you’ll need to turn up.

Judging by how fast these tickets are selling atm it’s gonna be a bit of a bloodbath at certain gigs 😬 

1 minute ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I was refreshing the app and webpage from 1450 onwards. not a sausage

i got one for beck, and also lightning bolt as it's near our hotel, but the Ride one and the Interpol ones were no chance.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah Glastonbury is a completely different ballpark to this. The registration is to manage the ticket sale process - not being able to sell your ticket is just a spin off of that. They could easily implement a system to do that if they wanted to. And its only your postcode you're giving over.

This is a legal document with the bulk of your identity on it, which they're asking for in exchange for getting in to an event which people paid for *years* ago with no knowledge of this requirement. 

Yeah agreed. I've scanned my passport because not sure what alternative there is, but does seem a bit mad. I've never had to send a scan of my passport for any gig or festival before.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

You have to remember for that pc music one there was probably about 120 tickets available or something

True, although I think even with the Phoenix/Khruangbin gig AND Interpol at the same time the P.C. Music show is gonna be hella popular and leave a lot of people disappointed. Gonna be nuts for those who do get in though.