Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Phwoar it's crazy how entitled people get. I do understand it's a lot of money to drop, but the amount of music you're getting is insane. I suspect Primavera are hustling to find a Nick Cave replacement just in case because you know some low-life people will complain about that no matter what.

I’m hopeful that with each day that passes, our chances of getting Nick Cave increases. Surely a decision to pull a world tour would be announced by this team ASAP if not already? 

2 minutes ago, Float said:

I’m hopeful that with each day that passes, our chances of getting Nick Cave increases. Surely a decision to pull a world tour would be announced by this team ASAP if not already? 

I can totally understand if he needs a couple of days to regroup and not handle those questions.

1 minute ago, aaalive said:

Anyone can tell us about booze prices in the Ciutat venues? Hope it's much cheaper than festival bars

Apolo and Razzmatazz are two of the venues I visit most. Normally a caña size (333ml) is about €3.50. A pint is normally €5 or €5.50. I imagine prices might be slightly higher but only by 50 cents or something. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah, it's there now! I closed the app and reopened it and it appeared. Worth trying for anyone else in the above position. Thanks all.

yep - just updated the app via Google Play Store and the Dice option now appears. thanks!

The Nick Cave thing is different because he has a very legitimate personal reason to cancel and it’s out of the festival’s control. 

The Charli and Jamie cancelation with them still playing their forum date and no reason given for cancelation reflect pretty poorly on Primavera, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I do think it’s a little ridiculous that they cut their two biggest ciuat acts for seemingly no reason like 4 hours before selling tickets when they’ve been promoting them for a year with the only communication of the cancelation being a Twitter reply. 

Yes, it's very strange that Disclosure, Charli XCX and Jamie all dropped out suddenly, I have a hard time believing that they all just cancelled themselves, it's like the festival is trying to save money for the Massive Attack replacement... I might be wrong though lol 

I don't really think it's that "entitled" to feel angry about it - Charli and Jamie have particularly younger fanbases than some of the other acts and the decision for people to do double weekend will have been swayed by the strength of the midweek gigs and the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that they'd at least get a chance to see them. It's a fucking expensive week for a lot of people and I totally empathise if people are pissed off given the high profile cancellations in the main weekends.

3 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

The Nick Cave thing is different because he has a very legitimate personal reason to cancel and it’s out of the festival’s control. 

Cave didn't cancel the fest did he? Can see him needing these shows with the Bad Seeds more than ever actually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I don't really think it's that "entitled" to feel angry about it - Charli and Jamie have particularly younger fanbases than some of the other acts and the decision for people to do double weekend will have been swayed by the strength of the midweek gigs and the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that they'd at least get a chance to see them. It's a fucking expensive week for a lot of people and I totally empathise if people are pissed off given the high profile cancellations in the main weekends.

Sure, but both play the main festival days, so you can still see them. And with Jamie xx, almost no one would even see him at Ciutat because of the size of the venue.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Feeling upset about the cancelations is definitely normal. I echo the disappointment about them not communicating the cancellations properly. It's more the people acting like the world has ended I'm referring to.

The Charli cancellation feels iffy to me. She is there both weekends, loves to do stuff with the PC music people and the schedule just has one block for all the artists. I wonder if they have just removed her name to take some heat off the venue and that she will appear (almost like a special guest as opposed to a normal slot).

1 minute ago, Gregorick said:

The Charli cancellation feels iffy to me. She is there both weekends, loves to do stuff with the PC music people and the schedule just has one block for all the artists. I wonder if they have just removed her name to take some heat off the venue and that she will appear (almost like a special guest as opposed to a normal slot).

This is what I was thinking, but then you wouldn’t really reply on twitter saying they aren’t playing. You’d just ignore the question, right?

1 minute ago, Gregorick said:

Eh I’m sure they would’ve just done that to begin with rather than this whole hoopla of her being on the lineup and then not; it was obviously always gonna be a very popular event with or without her.

Still think Charli is just being given bigger slots at the festival itself to fill some space left by Massive Attack.

My guess is she gets moved from the 9th to the 10th because it's so understacked in comparison and gets a headline slot. 

Jamie probably cancelled the 7th because he's then playing festivals on the 9th, 10th and 11th all in different countries. Guy's gonna be knackered. 

Edited by BenG92

Just now, Festcrazy said:

Not that war I expected, it's warmer in my place right now.

Will rethink about taking long trousers and even a light jacket for the evening.

You should have that with you anyway, at least a warm sweater or jacket. It can be pretty cold at the night.

just realised the tickets for the middle bit shows are available through Dice, so will essentially be using two ticket apps to get into things across the week if you buy one of them. no biggie but good to see Dice still has a place.

Edited by Ohjesus

9 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

do they let you take a backpack in (if searched) or is that too big?

From a few years ago.

Might be an issue for people leaving luggage into the cloakroom

Edited by Karl_Mcr

14 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

English translation:

You can enter one of the rooms, if you want to go to the other one you would have to go out and queue again

Thanks, I totally didn't realise it was in Spanish - my Spanish is obviously getting better. 🙂 Maybe this will be the first year Spanish people will respond to my Spanish attempts in Spanish and not automatically switch to English.