Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Sunday and Monday look pretty dead for me, but that's good because I can't be arsed spending a weeks holiday queuing up for gigs anyway. The Ride and Phoenix night is a must though. 

On another topic, can anyone recommend any good day trips from Barca? Montserrat, Vic and Tarragona all look nice and doable within an hour or so on the train. Anything else? 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Sunday and Monday look pretty dead for me, but that's good because I can't be arsed spending a weeks holiday queuing up for gigs anyway. The Ride and Phoenix night is a must though. 

On another topic, can anyone recommend any good day trips from Barca? Montserrat, Vic and Tarragona all look nice and doable within an hour or so on the train. Anything else? 

Would 100% recommend Gerona. You can get a 35 minutes train and it's such a beautiful city. You can see where they filmed some of the "Shame!" scene in Game of Thrones and the stairs up to King's Landing. There's a nice big park and there's even an amazing lake not far form the city called Lake Banyoles. One of my favourite day trips for sure.

If you want to stay coastal, I'd recommend Sitges, Sant Pol de Mar and Tossa de Mar.

• Like 1

Just now, Gnarler said:

image.thumb.png.29c48290c55c440796ff5b875833607c.pngThat's that then. All fine because the lineup is amazing but this was something that should be communicated imo. Main stage act playing in a 800 cap venue is pretty special.

And now they responded that Jamie XX is out of the midweek shows too.

Just now, Gnarler said:

image.thumb.png.29c48290c55c440796ff5b875833607c.pngThat's that then. All fine because the lineup is amazing but this was something that should be communicated imo. Main stage act playing in a 800 cap venue is pretty special.

Yeah echoed, an update would have been nice, I was gonna pick up one of those tickets to the Acid Angel night but will probs give it a miss now.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Instagram and Twitter are absolute cesspools. The reactions of some people on there are absolutely ridiculous. 

Absolutely. I see the Ciutat days as bonus day, because the value of this festival is just the best in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey! With tickets on sale today at 3pm, is anyone that already holds festival tickets going to buy any La Cuitat tickets for guaranteed entry? I may have misunderstood but I would like to guarantee my entry for the Phoenix night without having to worry about arriving early or queues. I know these tickets today are for non festival goers, but not the craziest idea to try snag a ticket for a night you really would like locked in.

4 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Hey! With tickets on sale today at 3pm, is anyone that already holds festival tickets going to buy any La Cuitat tickets for guaranteed entry? I may have misunderstood but I would like to guarantee my entry for the Phoenix night without having to worry about arriving early or queues. I know these tickets today are for non festival goers, but not the craziest idea to try snag a ticket for a night you really would like locked in.

The whole thing has already become more expensive than I'd originally anticipated so not keen to chuck more money on it.

I hope to be able to to go to some of the midweek gigs but I'm just going to take my chance on the day. First time in Barcelona so plenty of things for me to see and do if not.

23 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Would 100% recommend Gerona. You can get a 35 minutes train and it's such a beautiful city. You can see where they filmed some of the "Shame!" scene in Game of Thrones and the stairs up to King's Landing. There's a nice big park and there's even an amazing lake not far form the city called Lake Banyoles. One of my favourite day trips for sure.

If you want to stay coastal, I'd recommend Sitges, Sant Pol de Mar and Tossa de Mar.

😄 I hate Game of Thrones 😄 My mates love it though, and I can always appreciate something like that, so that does sound good. Cheers! 

8 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Those tickets are being put on general sale, wouldn't feel bad about buying one. 

11 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Instagram and Twitter are absolute cesspools. The reactions of some people on there are absolutely ridiculous. 

Saw somebody on Reddit refer to Primavera as ‘Scamfest’ because of Charli not playing the weekday gig, as if they had willingly mislead people. People are idiots. 

37 minutes ago, kon said:

551856653_Screenshot_20220511-1206412.thumb.png.b9b7cc432b1f8e4251b95c05dc682610.png

Has anyone tried sending a ticket and accessticket? Seem to be getting this issue. Weirdly we got emails to say I had transferred/they were being transferred to but both tickets are still in my app. 

I think I'm going to transfer to a friend via Dice first ....this Accessticket App fills me with dread😂

Phwoar it's crazy how entitled people get. I do understand it's a lot of money to drop, but the amount of music you're getting is insane. I suspect Primavera are hustling to find a Nick Cave replacement just in case because you know some low-life people will complain about that no matter what.

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Basically Fyre fest at this point mate because of Charli dropping out.

Well, she was "advertised" as part of this gig since they released the 2022 line-up a year ago. Then she disappeared from it the day before the tickets go on sale without any special warning / announcement. So If I buy a ticket to this today at 16:00 and then I find out, Charli's not there, I can imagine feeling being cheated. 

Though I realise that seeing Charli and other 8 artists/bands for 16,50 EUR - it also wouldn't feel totally right, a little bit like stealing money from the organisers. 🙂

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

Well, she was "advertised" as part of this gig since they released the 2022 line-up a year ago. Then she disappeared from it the day before the tickets go on sale without any special warning / announcement. So If I buy a ticket to this today at 16:00 and then I find out, Charli's not there, I can imagine feeling being cheated. 

Though I realise that seeing Charli and other 8 artists/bands for 16,50 EUR - it also wouldn't feel totally right, a little bit like stealing money from the organisers. 🙂

The communication is rubbish I agree. But to be fair, the dice page has been updated to reflect they aren't playing so it should be pretty clear, hopefully. But I agree they should have just posted something clean and simple.