Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Just 45 minutes from Beach Bunny is disappointing, how come everyone else got an hour? Don't know the other acts, but checking their numbers on Spotify (not a perfect measure, I know, but still) they seem nowhere near Beach Bunny in size. Lost Girls has 8k listeners per month compared to 6m by Beach Bunny and still get to play 15 minutes more?

Beach Bunny can get through a lot of songs in 45 mins though.

Edited by FakeEmpire

Couple of things I’d be gutted about missing there but overall I’m pretty happy with how all that’s worked out. 

Sunday: Razzamataz 2 for Jamila Woods, Alex Cameron and Shame

Day off Monday (although loads there I could see… just need to convince the other half)

Tuesday: Razzamataz for King Gizz and Slowdive

Wednesday: Poble Espanyol for that whole fantastic run of Pom Pom Squad, Magdalena Bay, Ride, Khruangbin and Phoenix

Full timetable might change my schedule a bit depending on clashes, but I’m more than happy with this lot. 

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Just 45 minutes from Beach Bunny is disappointing, how come everyone else got an hour? Don't know the other acts, but checking their numbers on Spotify (not a perfect measure, I know, but still) they seem nowhere near Beach Bunny in size. Lost Girls has 8k listeners per month compared to 6m by Beach Bunny and still get to play 15 minutes more?

Sure there are a lot of non headline acts that will be allocated one hour but in reality will play for 45 mins.

4 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Lost Girls is a Jenny Hval Side Project. Maybe Beach Bunny just asked for an early slot

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Apart from King Gizzard that Ciutat Monday is really poor

Magnetic Fields are the real winners there

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

Beach Bunny can get through a lot of songs in 45 mins though.

Yeah their songs aren't long, but still that's a very short runtime...? I guess maybe they're not as popular in Spain, but rest of the lineup are pretty much complete unknowns

1 hour ago, PrimaWhat? said:

I think you have to add your tickets through the dice app, on the dice app you should have a button saying to activate your tickets on TicketAccess, when you click on that button, you will be redirected to the TIcketAcccess App and after fill the field with your mobile number, your tickets will be transferred to TIcketAccess

Nope, I don't have that button on Dice. Just a line saying that I can't activate my QR code until two hours before the event. I think I need to wait for this email and if not I'll email them a bit closer to the time.

59 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Can I ask  - did you create an account on the App ? I see a log in option but no way to create an account. I may well have overlooked it as this it proving to be the most annoying App / ticket juggling I've ever had to do 😁

EDIT - Just seen my Accessticket App now has the Claim Your Tickets From Dice option.

I shall attempt it all after the weekend - The Great Escape Festivals 450+ bands are my focus now for the next 3 days 😀

I have made an account as I had an option to do so, but it's pretty useless for me at the moment as can't transfer Dice yet.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nope, I don't have that button on Dice. Just a line saying that I can't activate my QR code until two hours before the event. I think I need to wait for this email and if not I'll email them a bit closer to the time.

Ah, the button is on the AccessTicket app, not on Dice. It didnt appear for me at first but then I updated the app and it was fine

10 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Beach bunny may request to only do 45 mins for the fee he's  being given

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Jamie and Charli being gone from the city gigs, that to me screams that they're getting bumped up / shuffled around for bigger slots to fill in gaps left by Massive Attack (and possibly Nick). 

I mean, maybe you’re right, but I don’t get why them being bumped up would in any way effect the midweek shows. 

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Lost Girls is a Jenny Hval Side Project. Maybe Beach Bunny just asked for an early slot

Using the (admittedly very dubious) Spotify listeners method, Jenny Hval herself is still nowhere near BB (113k vs 6m). I feared that BB's forum set will be short and hoped to get a longer set midweek. But hey, it is what it is. 

Announced this morning.

Face masks will not have to be worn in airports and on flights in Europe from May 16, the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) said on Wednesday.

"From next week, face masks will no longer need to be mandatory in air travel in all cases, broadly aligning with the changing requirements of national authorities across Europe for public transport," EASA Executive Director Patrick Ky said.

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

Lightning Bolt, Jockstrap, Magnetic Fields, Spellling, Beak>, Sons of Kemet, Cassandra Jenkins, Sinead O'Brien...

Plus I'm sure there are plenty of other good names that I'm just not familiar with. Think you just need to listen to more music lad

I mean in terms of well known acts, the day before has very well known acts like Beck, Little Simz etc where KG is the only household name on the Monday.

Also you do know you can send recommendations without being obnoxious.

Edited by deadpheasant
  • Downvote 1

While we wait for the main fest time splits, thought it might be fun to mention highlights from previous "editions". I'm talking here about stuff that felt genuinely transcendental/life long happy moments.. 

Pulp, Grinderman, watching Barcelona win the European Cup in Parc de la ciutadella, 2011

Mike Mills' band playing Big Star, John Cale (both auditori), justice 2012

Blur, Solange 2013 (weather was "fricking freezing, Barcelona" (c) nick Cave that year, had my phone nicked off a restaurant table in barceloneta, watch out for that pals, keep valuables away)  

Arcade Fire, st. Vincent, Jackmaster, twilight sad, 2014 (went a bit overboard on the liquor this year tbh, it also rained a lot, was shattered by the Saturday, had my phone nicked accidentally by an English chap in the food court, he got it back to me next day) 

2015 I genuinely have no WOW memories (i had a great time at lots of stuff but nothing earth shattering - I saw a very random comment recently that the black keys drummer was shite, made me laugh as I recall being puzzled about that too on the night) 

Radiohead, Brian Wilson 2016

There are some names I see now on old clash finders that I'm very disappointed I didnt go to see. Sufjan. Kendrick lamar. Kamasi Washington. 3 very obvious ones. If any of these future significant artists are hiding away on the bill for W1 please alert me. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, maybe you’re right, but I don’t get why them being bumped up would in any way effect the midweek shows. 

Paying them the same amount and just moving the days the gigs are on, that's my guess. 

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I mean in terms of well known acts, the day before has very well known acts like Beck, Little Simz etc where KG is the only household name on the Monday.

Also you do know you can send recommendations without being obnoxious.

TBF you did describe it as “really poor”

2 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

It says P.C. MUSIC presents ACID ANGEL for the Wednesday, presumably that would include Charli, no?

She's no longer on the lineup for ciutat when you sort by list, nor is she on the Primavera app, and she's not on the lineup for the PC Music night on the Dice app