Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Actually just looked it up and they’ve confirmed “the primavera a la ciutat midweek programme of gigs and events will still go ahead in both cities (in 2023)”.

Suspect they will have a few days of decent shows *after* barcelona main forum programme and then ciutat shows *before* madrid so many bands can easily play both.

They did this in Primavera for a long time, so I would expect it will be like before. Some concerts from Monday-Wednesday (+ free concerts at Forum on Wednesday), and concerts on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Actually just looked it up and they’ve confirmed “the primavera a la ciutat midweek programme of gigs and events will still go ahead in both cities (in 2023)”.

Suspect they will have a few days of decent shows *after* barcelona main forum programme and then ciutat shows *before* madrid so many bands can easily play both.

Yeah - that sounds like a good idea.

Definitely feel like Primavera are trying to wipe out Mad Cool with their Madrid edition. And after attending Mad Cool a few years back I'm all for it, soulless festival. Though I did enjoy myself with the bands and act that I saw.

4 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Not to be smug but I actually found the ticket registration process suspiciously easy and now I’m afraid I’ve done it wrong -.-

I think we need to add to the usual waiting time in to get the wristbands some extra time for many people that app doesnt work/ need to re-install/ no mobile data/whatever technical stuff... brace yourself, it's going to be slow

The Yung Lean/Drain Gang evening looks very tempting, also there's a weird gap between those two for about an hour (Drain Gang are playing from 4 to 5 am lol)...maybe a secret set, don't know who would fit tho. Technically FKA twigs, since she is on Lean's new album. Would be amazing, not that realistic though, I think.

Just 45 minutes from Beach Bunny is disappointing, how come everyone else got an hour? Don't know the other acts, but checking their numbers on Spotify (not a perfect measure, I know, but still) they seem nowhere near Beach Bunny in size. Lost Girls has 8k listeners per month compared to 6m by Beach Bunny and still get to play 15 minutes more?

3 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Apart from King Gizzard that Ciutat Monday is really poor

Lightning Bolt, Jockstrap, Magnetic Fields, Spellling, Beak>, Sons of Kemet, Cassandra Jenkins, Sinead O'Brien...

Plus I'm sure there are plenty of other good names that I'm just not familiar with. Think you just need to listen to more music lad