Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

My take is that there will be less demand for these Ciutat gigs than people expect.

Too many locals that have to work. Too many foreigners that have already gone home, found other things to do or are burned out from constant gigging. Plus there are lots of competing venues.

Especially if you turn up early to the larger venues, I expect few problems.

I guess thats true for mid-week, Sunday is a different story- 1st weekend goers that stays + locals on the weekend. 

I think Beck and Little Simz are going to be hard to get into

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

I guess thats true for mid-week, Sunday is a different story- 1st weekend goers that stays + locals on the weekend. 

Sunday and Wednesday as well. Phoenix+Ride+Khurangbin, Interpol+Chet Faker on the same venues.

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, actually thinking about it I totally agree with you on the Sunday.

Albeit Poble Espanyol is massive (vastly bigger than Apolo where the Sunday parties have always been) so getting there earlier or with priority access should be fine.

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I'd bet on Wednesday, when W2 (as well as W1+2) goers are already in the city and and are not tired after a main weekend. Also the strongest Ciutat day

1 minute ago, aaalive said:

I'd bet on Wednesday, when W2 (as well as W1+2) goers are already in the city and and are not tired after a main weekend. Also the strongest Ciutat day

Except that many W2 people will arrive on Thursday and many W1 people will be exhausted by then or at work. And some amazing competing gigs thinning the crowds...

Also a non-ciutatat take: since when is Mitski late announcement ruled out? She has Istanbul on May 21 and UK from June 11, so is basically free and in Europe for most of PS dates. Also has no Spanish dates. Pretty big and surely Primavera-type act.

15 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Also a non-ciutatat take: since when is Mitski late announcement ruled out? She has Istanbul on May 21 and UK from June 11, so is basically free and in Europe for most of PS dates. Also has no Spanish dates. Pretty big and surely Primavera-type act.

Gather her core audience is no longer fading old men like me and it's mostly high decibel 16 year old girls these days.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the reasoning behind being able to bring bottles in but not the lids? So you can’t smuggle alcohol in as easily? Just can’t get my head around it.

I was once told that it’s for health and safety purposes.

Stand on a lid-less bottle on the ground and it collapses under foot. Stand on one full of liquid or air and, if you catch it right, you’re back flipping in seconds.

I’ve never checked out the validity of this but I kind of makes sense? I always assumed it was to prevent them being thrown. 

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My take is that there will be less demand for these Ciutat gigs than people expect.

Too many locals that have to work. Too many foreigners that have already gone home, found other things to do or are burned out from constant gigging. Plus there are lots of competing venues.

Especially if you turn up early to the larger venues, I expect few problems.

To add to this - many new timers of the festival find it hard to get their head around the city gigs. 

It really is a format unique to PS. 

3 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Can you move between rooms 1 and 2 at the Apolo and Razzmatazz Ciutat shows?

(sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, I can't find a definitive answer though)

My assumption is they will lock off entry between Apolo 1 and 2. At club nights you can walk freely between them but when I go to gigs there it's all locked off in between.

They will definitely not let you walk freely between Razz 1 and 2. They have completely separate entrances and they know Razz 2 is going to be absolutely slammed.

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

What were the bar prices like in 2019? Do they still sell double pints? 

Also do they still have those people walking through the crowd selling beers?

Went to a gig at forum a couple weeks ago and can almost 100% confirm beer guys will be walking around. God bless those bastards, they keep the city alive.

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

If I remember correctly beers were 4€ for a 0,35l

the larger ones were available but not at every bar

This is why I'll be getting drunk very quickly outside and just trying to top up through the evening. Been really painful to go to some arena shows lately and pay £7.50 a pint. 

5 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Went to a gig at forum a couple weeks ago and can almost 100% confirm beer guys will be walking around. God bless those bastards, they keep the city alive.

Also shout out to the guys who sell beer outside the Parc which they hide under manhole covers when the Police come by