Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I know we've spoke about it before regarding acts for next year, but if Nick did drop out, I would not be surprised if they tried roping someone in from next year, Arcade Fire/Nine Inch Nails spring to mind. But only one of them, not both. But that's only if they've not already drafted in a decent Massive Attack replacement, who knows what's happening with that - if anything.

Problem with that is it favours some day ticket people and completely fucks some others. I know I’d be very happy with such a result, but it’s definitely a risky decision. Don’t see it panning out that way myself. 

Edit: plus they’d presumably need to get them to do two sets to make up for the gap MA left over both weekends, so adds another layer to the whole thing. Bet this double weekend thing is causing them so much stress.

Edited by FloorFiller

35 minutes ago, pipan said:

Can't find L'Imperatrice anywhere and geeting a little bit anxious.

In fact, Luz De Gaz (where they were due to play) is no longer mentioned as a venue on the ciutat listings at all. Magnetic Fields were also due to play there and they’ve been moved to Barts, but no mention of same for the L’Imperatrice event

5 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Do we have any info regarding June 1st? Aka the welcome day?

I remember back in 2018 some decent acts played the forum that day but I haven’t been in years so

It's on the ciutat midweek poster. Acts split between Poble Espanyol outdoors and Upload club, nothing at Forum until the main festival days.

Edited by jannybruck

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m not gonna try and speculate who they could get, but Primavera are in quite a good position where their headliners often vary in size a bit, ranging from massive acts to more mid-tier acts who wouldn’t headline other major festivals, plus they’re not short on funds, so surely their must be some acts touring around the time and doing the festival scene who they can offer a fuck load of cash to to come do it? They’ve sure done it before in previous years, anyway. 

Jamie XX replacement incoming...

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Problem with that is it favours some day ticket people and completely fucks some others. I know I’d be very happy with such a result, but it’s definitely a risky decision. Don’t see it panning out that way myself. 

Edit: plus they’d presumably need to get them to do two sets to make up for the gap MA left over both weekends, so adds another layer to the whole thing. Bet this double weekend thing is causing them so much stress.

Yeah I get you, I think I was more saying like a 1:1 replacement for Nick, but then they'd need a replacement for MA too which I don't think is coming. People may say they're both headliners (MA and Nick) so what's the difference, so yeah completely get your point.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m not gonna try and speculate who they could get, but Primavera are in quite a good position where their headliners often vary in size a bit, ranging from massive acts to more mid-tier acts who wouldn’t headline other major festivals, plus they’re not short on funds, so surely their must be some acts touring around the time and doing the festival scene who they can offer a fuck load of cash to to come do it? They’ve sure done it before in previous years, anyway. 

We've been having this conversation before and the only acts mentioned that are actually around are Björk and Grace Jones. Not impossible, but I still find both quite unlikely. 

Arcade Fire would definitely be the kind of act that does spontaneous things, but then they'd also need the "go" from their tour-promoter as an appearance at an international festival might impact sales. It really isn't that easy and there really isn't that much time left.

On another note, is there any chance, Nick Cave would still be playing? Not really right? 

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Also, not sure if this is mindless optimism but the day breakdowns have disappeared on the website, perhaps making way for the timings?

I agree it should be imminent. They're probably shifting stuff in the backend right now.

Edit: and theyre back up again

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

Also, not sure if this is mindless optimism but the day breakdowns have disappeared on the website, perhaps making way for the timings?

The website has been a shitshow for ages with info coming and going randomly so I wouldn't read too much into it. They were pretty clear about it coming two weeks before the festival so anything earlier than that is a bonus. I'd love it this week but not holding my breath.

Edited by jannybruck

Just now, jannybruck said:

The website has been a shitshow for ages with info coming and going randomly so I wouldn't read too much into it. They were pretty clear about it coming two weeks before the festival so anything earlier than that is a bonus.

If they wait til then WK1 won't have any acts left to schedule.

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I agree it should be imminent. They're probably shifting stuff in the backend right now.

If they start selling the tickets for the city shows on Wednesday they will have to post the timetables, otherwise it will be difficult for anyone to plan anything

I just don't believe Prima will replace MA and I really can't see poor Nick playing after what just happened. Depending on how bad the clashes are when the timetable goes up I might call it a day and try and sell the ticket + refund the hotel. So much value lost already and if I can't see certain acts due to clashes it's just not gonna be worth the money we're spending on going. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I just don't believe Prima will replace MA and I really can't see poor Nick playing after what just happened. Depending on how bad the clashes are when the timetable goes up I might call it a day and try and sell the ticket + refund the hotel. So much value lost already and if I can't see certain acts due to clashes it's just not gonna be worth the money we're spending on going. 

The Nick Cave Day is my most crowded day so I could probably manage, but he was top of my list for WK1

It doesn't look great but I think they could get away with not replacing Massive Attack, as while day ticket holders are fucked over it affects both weekends equally, but not replacing Nick Cave would be very poor. I think the acts overall are a bit stronger on weekend one but people could quite rightly argue that weekend two would be getting three extra headline sized acts.

I'll be gutted if Nick Cave does pull out, one of my favourite acts and probably the one I'm most looking forward to, though I can completely understand why he might cancel his tour. Very sad news.

Awful news about Nick Cave, especially after what happened to his younger son a few years ago. He has been through the mill.

But without sounding cold & heartless, I don’t think it automatically means he will not be in a position to perform in a months time?. He did not seem to have an entirely functioning relationship with his son, Cave even admitted they never actually met until he was 8 years old. I also read he was in jailed for ‘brutally’ beating his mother. Who knows how much they were in each other’s lives.

Fingers crossed he can still play / that we get some clarity soon but of course I would completely understand if he decides to pull the whole tour.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dilgreene13 said:

Guy just lost his son.

Maybe the “will he/won’t he and if he doesn’t who’ll replace him” talk could wait?

Guy just lost his son.

I can be absolutely fucking gutted for him and also recognise that because of that he certainly won't be touring next month, and wonder what they're going to do about it. Those things aren't mutually exclusive, or disrespectful.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dilgreene13 said:

Guy just lost his son.

Maybe the “will he/won’t he and if he doesn’t who’ll replace him” talk could wait?

Guy just lost his son.

Let's not play holier than thou. Everyone knows it's a horrific tragedy, nobody is saying otherwise. But I don't think Nick particularly cares right now if people on a festival forum are discussing whether he's going to pull out of his tour or not. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, MatheauWillis said:

Haven't seen anyone mention Dave as a potential replacement headliner. Is playing Parklife in June so will be active, his US tour wraps up at the end of May as well. Would be a different headliner to anything we've got.

I'm prob a bigger rap fan than rock these days but if Dave replaces Nick Cave, I'll lose my mind