Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

12 minutes ago, mortand said:

Saw Low Saturday, and they were great. More gritty and fuzzy than they used to be. They played the new album in its entirety (plus a mix of earlier songs), and it worked quite well with its rougher and more industrial sound. Don't know how it'll translate to a windy outdoor stage, though.

A band I love but I can see myself skipping them for this reason. Plus, they're on a day when I'm anticipating quite a few clashes too. 

Looking forward to some new info this week. Hopefully Hidden Stage etc. 

Neerly there now. 

3 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

In the app lets you set up your own schedule , will also alert you 10 mins before the start time as well . 

I remember the 2017/18 (I forget which year is which...) version, getting the push notes for the surprise gigs. Arcade Fire, Mogwai and Haim I think? Great fun and excitement at first, followed by people glued to their phones wondering what else was coming 😅

I've made my peace with this line up being our final line up (hopefully without any major last minute drop outs) so any extras from here are absolute bonus (but if they're coming, please wedge them all into the Thursday of weekend one. My Friday and Saturday is so full 🤣

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I just did the same for W2. Absolutely no chance I'm seeing everything I want! What a stacked card.

Yeah it was quite exciting to remind myself how much there is I want to see! I haven't been thinking about this festival anywhere near as much as I usually do Glastonbury in the run-up so it all feels like it's happening quite quickly and without my usual level of obsessive poring over every detail. Which is nice actually.

12 minutes ago, Nesser said:

One could expect a few tweaks in order to accommodate +20k people than last year but... oh boy. And we're not talking about some changes on minor stages.

Ooh intriguing! Hopefully all for the better and not anything that’s gonna ruin the vibe and/or less accessibility for any of the stages.

Edited by FloorFiller

the app has a few artists missing but sure it's a glitch/gradual update - couldn't find say, napalm death or richard dawson & circle, just after a cursory glance (although they were later additions i guess)... which means our wantlists will be even longer when it's all up there.

Edited by Ohjesus

On 5/6/2022 at 2:19 PM, xxialac said:

It's sad to see but Arcade Fire have lost it. That's two albums in a row that lack depth and sparkle. Some of their newer songs are embarrassing even.

That said, they're still fantastic live and by next year or whenever they next play PS they'll still be mostly bashing out the hits (and not the newer, weaker material).

It's hard to put a finger on exactly why, but when the new material is played back to back with even relatively "weaker" older material like "ready to start" (as happened on my Spotify this morning), there is a noticeable gulf in quality.

16 minutes ago, Nesser said:

One could expect a few tweaks in order to accommodate +20k people than last year but... oh boy. And we're not talking about some changes on minor stages.

I mean, I'm a newbie to Primavera, so feel free to shoot me down but this maybe sounds like an additional stage or something? Obviously a smaller stage. 

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I mean, I'm a newbie to Primavera, so feel free to shoot me down but this maybe sounds like an additional stage or something? Obviously a smaller stage. 

Looks like an increase of about 10% in numbers (per weekend) which is quite a lot more people in absolute terms but should be manageable if they find a bit more space.

Just now, Martin_89 said:

Sooo, a more expanded area for Mordor maybe?

Don't feel like there's any space in that direction (short of making people watch shows standing in the sea...)

They won't use it but I miss the old ATP stage in the amphitheatre towards Mordor which had the Mediterranean behind it (Rayban style) and which they now use for food vendors. Think it was considered unsafe to hold gigs there.

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I wouldn't expect bigger stage on the Bits part, the bridge already is a nightmare before more popular acts. access had to be through the main entrance to make that happen and thats a huge detour

I hear you but there doesn’t appear to be any space whatsoever on the other side unless they get rid of the food court and I don’t see that happening.