Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 hours ago, DDave said:

If AF are announced for Primavera, let me know what the other band you guys will be watching at the same time are like...

Funny you say this because last time that happened in 2014 I missed both Charles Bradley & Bo Ningen during the AF headline set.  I'll never forgive myself.

1 hour ago, livenstu said:

Funny you say this because last time that happened in 2014 I missed both Charles Bradley & Bo Ningen during the AF headline set.  I'll never forgive myself.

Love Bo Ningen. Surprised they haven't played more often.

In fact they're touring and are free the fri and sat of W1.

Would be great for Hidden...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As someone who hates beer I'm really hoping there is! 

Last time I went, there was a Heineken cider - Orchard Thieves, I think? Was that 2018? It seems so long ago now! 

The non beer drinkers in my group were certainly happier to have that than aperol or wine all day! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Last time I went, there was a Heineken cider - Orchard Thieves, I think? Was that 2018? It seems so long ago now! 

The non beer drinkers in my group were certainly happier to have that than aperol or wine all day! 

That would do me! I'm not fussy about brands as long as there is one. Wine all day is not the wisest policy.

52 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Mentioned this on the Radiohead thread but The Smile album has leaked - it's outstanding. Really glad I picked up the W2 ticket to see them.

What stage and time they’re on is gonna be the first thing I look for when we get the stage splits etc. Primavera better not fuck us by sticking them against the headliners or something else dumb. 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What stage and time they’re on is gonna be the first thing I look for when we get the stage splits etc. Primavera better not fuck us by sticking them against the headliners or something else dumb. 

Got my days mixed up thought they were on the day with YYYs, I'd happily see them over Lorde/The Strokes

Edited by scatteredscreens

Hey, first timer with few questions!

When can we expect timetable?

How far are the stages from each other?

Do they allow to bring in your own water bottle /empty waterbag?

Is smoking mid-show (in the crowd) is accepted by the general audience?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Got my days mixed up thought they were on the day with YYYs, I'd happily see them over Lorde/The Strokes

Just finished the album and yeah… gonna take some clash to make me consider watching something else. Gonna be a hell of a set this one. Hoping they end up on the Primavera stage; think that would be an incredible place to watch them. 

1 hour ago, Ohad said:

2 weeks before, for times

Depends, but not usually more than about 10 minutes or so. 15 max. 

i believe empty bottles are allowed for water

smoking outdoors should be fine. If you can do it outside of a big crowd then ideally that. I personally hate all smoking but equally would not turn round to you and tell you to stop!

1 hour ago, Ohad said:

1. Two weeks before the Weekend 1

2. Pull&Bear and Seat: the two main stages. Will go back to back, so you will get to see everything here easy. Ray-Ban: Takes around 10 minutes to walk from the main stages. Primavera: 10-15 minutes from main stages. Pitchfork and Adidas: 15 minutes from main stages. Bits area: where almost all the electroic acts is, around 20-30 minutes from main stages. Her is the map for 2019 to understand how it is: Primavera-Sound-Map-2019-1024x589.jpg

3. You can bring a bottle but for security reasons it needs to be 33cl and have no cap. There is free water inside the area to fill the bottle.

4. Yeah, it's fine.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Just finished the album and yeah… gonna take some clash to make me consider watching something else. Gonna be a hell of a set this one. Hoping they end up on the Primavera stage; think that would be an incredible place to watch them. 

They will likely be in Mordor, especially if there's no Massive Attack replacement.

13 hours ago, Ohad said:

Re the stage distances - the biggest distance would be the main arena down to the beach (I remember this being 10-15 minutes), but the main thing to consider is the crowd movements. If you're leaving the main arena to get to Ray ban at the same time as everyone else, it can take quite a bit longer to get through the crowd so it can often be worth leaving a main stage act just before they finish if you're really keen to see something else.