Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, bryano1000 said:

How will tickets to the openings gigs on the Wednesday June 1st work?

Will there be any issues with capacity?

Would be keen to go from Wet Leg to Kokoko! if possible...

Impossible to know for sure but I’d suspect you’ll see both gigs. Kokoko in a small venue. Wet Leg in a very large one so can be almost sure to make that.

1 hour ago, daveje said:

Yup. Fond memories of watching Drive-By Truckers at Ray-Ban under umbrellas. First Primavera, and the only rain in all the time I've been going. Just keep an eye on the weather forecast, be prepared.

We were watching John Grant on one of the Mordor Stages when the heavens opened - I felt pretty sorry for him as the crowd was reduced to a small huddle getting what shelter they could in front of the stage ! 

4 hours ago, thespiral said:

Rained HARD , like torrential for an hour or two in 2014. We got so soaked to our pants we had to race back to hotel to change clothes ….😃

Aha that sounds absolutely tragic. With 12 days of music in a row I'm fully expecting rain to make a not-so-surprise appearance a few times this year. Will grab a 3eur festival raincoat from Ale-Hop just in case.

Near the Forum there is a Chinese Shop and in case of rain or sunshine or whatever, they will have there everything you need... I remember one afternoon with heavy rain, we were at Primavera Stage and the water went up to the ankles. Had to change clothes, shoes... 

The difference to other festivals: there is no mud and the ground will dry soon. 

Edited by branvan

18 minutes ago, branvan said:

Near the Forum there is a Chinese Shop and in case of rain or sunshine or whatever, they will have there everything you need... I remember one afternoon with heavy rain, we were at Primavera Stage and the water went up to the ankles. Had to change clothes, shoes... 

The difference to other festivals: there is no mud and the ground will dry soon. 

Is the entire festival area concrete?

8 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

The main stages are gravel, the bits area is grass and beach, the rest is concrete apart from a small strip of grass at Primavera Stage. Also there are some bushes around.

Just four Weeks today. Properly unreal

Edited by Quadrophobia

11 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

They started using Fake Grass at the main stages, good idea because the gravel and dust is a killer when it’s windy, which it is quite often due to the location. Hopefully it’s back this year. I liked it, you could park your bum if you had a spare 30mins. 

1 hour ago, Traci said:

They started using Fake Grass at the main stages, good idea because the gravel and dust is a killer when it’s windy, which it is quite often due to the location. Hopefully it’s back this year. I liked it, you could park your bum if you had a spare 30mins. 

Yeah, that's one great thing about Mad Cool. Completely covered with fake grass. Ok, it's an environmental nightmare (I'd like to think they re-use it) but for three days at a music festival it's great to walk and sit on.

FWIW (and I really don't mean to get anyone's hopes up), SONAR just released their timetable. SONAR is a slightly smaller festival and only takes place over one weekend BUT it's the weekend after Primavera and it's in Barcelona. Cruilla is another Barcelona festival at the end of June and that also has its timetable out (also takes place in Parc Forum).

Primavera Sound have said a million times on social media they'll release their timetable 2 weeks in advance but its good to know other local festivals have managed to secure time slots for all the artists already.

Maybe we'll get Arcade Fire with new Album tomorrow & for things like this I'm glad to wait for the timetable... But maybe we get them not, who knows. I like an early timetable to have the possibility to sort out what you will/can see and who you have to forget because of clashes...  

From me, another pro for the fake grass. A few years ago, I fell down and landed in the hospital with dust & pepples in my wound. 

2 minutes ago, branvan said:

Maybe we'll get Arcade Fire with new Album tomorrow & for things like this I'm glad to wait for the timetable... But maybe we get them not, who knows. I like an early timetable to have the possibility to sort out what you will/can see and who you have to forget because of clashes...  

From me, another pro for the fake grass. A few years ago, I fell down and landed in the hospital with dust & pepples in my wound. 

I don't think we're getting Arcade Fire this year, as much as I'd want it. 2023 would be my guess.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, Gregorick said:

https://www.ouigo.com/es/en/primaverasound

Looks like Ouigo (trains) will be sponsoring one of the stages this year featuring Carolina Durante, 100 Gecs and Arooj Aftab. Also if you travel to Barcelona by the company's trains you can gain a fast track through the entrance of the festival.

well this is a nice surprise, we booked flights to madrid and got trains to barca as it worked out slightly cheaper haha 

9 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Doing the same as others in flying to Madrid and training so getting into 100 gecs and Arooj Aftab early is perfect 

I think it was to get in to the forum without the queue not to see artists early

7 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Chemical Brothers are playing Sonar and another Spanish date just before that (16th June) which are the first dates in their tour, would Sonar likely have a Barcelona festival exclusivity thing, and if not, could they be possible MA replacements? 

99.9% not going to happen, Sonar would almost certainly have a radar clause saying they can't play anywhere else in the region. Exact same thing with Primavera's headliners.