Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I heard some pretty reliable information last week that they shifted the entire schedule around within the past few weeks and it's played havoc with a lots of stuff behind the scenes (I guess a lot of artists booked flights/time slots/drivers/whatever based on the existing times they'd been given and Primavera went "lol yeah sorry about that"). No idea why that was done but yeah, the public won't be getting any sort of confirmed schedule until that is nailed down and ironed out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

It's just a guess, so nope. We will have the schedule two weeks before the first weekend.

Just check the weather forecast. Very difficult to say something now, but be prepared for maybe around 15 degrees in the evenings. 

Thank you! For some reason i'm less preoccupied with checking the Barca weather forecast than i am thinking about long-ranges for Glasto...

25 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I heard some pretty reliable information last week that they shifted the entire schedule around within the past few weeks and it's played havoc with a lots of stuff behind the scenes (I guess a lot of artists booked flights/time slots/drivers/whatever based on the existing times they'd been given and Primavera went "lol yeah sorry about that"). No idea why that was done but yeah, the public won't be getting any sort of confirmed schedule until that is nailed down and ironed out.

To fit in a Massive Attack replacement possibly?....

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not sure why they'd need to rejig to fit in a replacement in the same slot, though. They only found out they weren't playing when MA cancelled so that slot has always been locked into the schedule.

I thought maybe it was to deal with some of the acts who are having to fly in from other festivals the day before – there's lots of airline changes at the moment and flights getting shifted around by BA etc. My own one was shunted an hour earlier, and that would have a knock-on effect if that's multiplied across many acts.

44 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

If anything, surely it hints at the opposite, with them now having a vacant headliner slot and needing to rejig everything to make it not so vacant. If they had a replacement they’d just slide right in there, no fucking around necessary. 

I’m sure the acts dropping out has also caused a massive headache with them constantly having to change things up and move acts later in the day etc to fill gaps.

4 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

https://www.ouigo.com/es/en/primaverasound

Looks like Ouigo (trains) will be sponsoring one of the stages this year featuring Carolina Durante, 100 Gecs and Arooj Aftab. Also if you travel to Barcelona by the company's trains you can gain a fast track through the entrance of the festival.

That's interesting, I thought Arooj Aftab was nailed on for Auditori and can't really imagine 100 gecs in there. Those seem like odd bands to choose if it's a big stage, so probably a smaller one.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If anything, surely it hints at the opposite, with them now having a vacant headliner slot and needing to rejig everything to make it not so vacant. If they had a replacement they’d just slide right in there, no fucking around necessary. 

I’m sure the acts dropping out has also caused a massive headache with them constantly having to change things up and move acts later in the day etc to fill gaps.

Yeah I think rejigging the full schedule would definitely imply no Massive Attack, or even Brockhampton, replacement. Purely hypothetical, but if you had Charli XCX moving from late Ray-Ban to early evening Mordor, someone else moving from early on Ray-Ban to 3am to cover her slot, someone moving up from the Pitchfork stage to cover that etc., it would leave a lot of gaps. Most of the recent additions were fairly small acts, so it might be that some of them fill up the smaller stages with other acts moving up the way.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Imagine the scenes if they started swapping acts around from one weekend to the next.

I know they won't before anyone jumps down my throat. But they probably are entitled to make those kind of changes technically!

I don't think they are entitled to that at all, since the contracts with artists presumably are for specific dates.

15 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Looks like Ouigo (trains) will be sponsoring one of the stages this year featuring Carolina Durante, 100 Gecs and Arooj Aftab. Also if you travel to Barcelona by the company's trains you can gain a fast track through the entrance of the festival.

Does "Oiugo Scenario" really mean they have their own stage? I am reading it that those are simply acts they look forward to.

Just now, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I don't think they are entitled to that at all, since the contracts with artists presumably are for specific dates.

I didn't mean from an artist point of view, I meant for ticket holders. There's probably something saying "line-up subject to change". As I say, not a serious suggestion... just imagine how mad this place would go.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If anything, surely it hints at the opposite, with them now having a vacant headliner slot and needing to rejig everything to make it not so vacant. If

What do you mean? They're obviously going to need to rejig stuff to be able to fit in Arcade Fire, NIN and Portishead as Massive Attack replacements. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

sounds like a nightmare!

6 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Does "Oiugo Scenario" really mean they have their own stage? I am reading it that those are simply acts they look forward to.

To me it sounds like it, especially with the details of their zone right next to it on that webpage.

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

That's interesting, I thought Arooj Aftab was nailed on for Auditori and can't really imagine 100 gecs in there. Those seem like odd bands to choose if it's a big stage, so probably a smaller one.

Could be a separate smaller stage for different gigs a la Paper Sessions last time.

All conjecture at this point but interesting that their tweet announcing this page said to stay tuned to their channels because little things are coming.

1 hour ago, Gregorick said:

To me it sounds like it, especially with the details of their zone right next to it on that webpage.

Could be a separate smaller stage for different gigs a la Paper Sessions last time.

All conjecture at this point but interesting that their tweet announcing this page said to stay tuned to their channels because little things are coming.

I read it as that those three bands will probably play twice on their chosen day at the forum (can help with clashes).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gregorick said:

Probably some smaller shows like OCB Paper Sessions in 2019, for example.

14 hours ago, Gnarler said:

It changes most years. I haven't had rain in 3 Primaveras but when it does rain it pours hard. you can wear shorts but bring a light jacket or zip up hoody wrapped around your waist. If it's waterproof even better.

Rained HARD , like torrential for an hour or two in 2014. We got so soaked to our pants we had to race back to hotel to change clothes ….😃

3 hours ago, thespiral said:

Rained HARD , like torrential for an hour or two in 2014. We got so soaked to our pants we had to race back to hotel to change clothes ….😃

Yup. Fond memories of watching Drive-By Truckers at Ray-Ban under umbrellas. First Primavera, and the only rain in all the time I've been going. Just keep an eye on the weather forecast, be prepared.

18 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

Then no shorts and tops on fest

I always wear shorts, but an extra shirt or pullover might help in the evening. I can only remember significant rain once (during Drive-By Truckers) but if you're in T-Shirt and shorts.

However, I live in middle of the Irish Sea so my tolerence to cold maybe higher. 

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

I always wear shorts, but an extra shirt or pullover might help in the evening. I can only remember significant rain once (during Drive-By Truckers) but if you're in T-Shirt and shorts.

However, I live in middle of the Irish Sea so my tolerence to cold maybe higher. 

Yeah just as long as I’ve got something warm to throw on up top then I can always manage wearing shorts when the temperature drops in the evening. Plus, if it were to piss it down I’d much rather have shorts on than trousers/jeans/whatever getting drenched.

I’ll be too drunk/otherwise/dancing my butt off to feel the cold anyway.