Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

21 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

At her age, I dont think she would extend a three-date run at home to somewhere outside the UK. 

to my knowledge, none of the festivals Massive Attack were set to perform has found a suitable replacement for them and I guess we must make peace with the option, that simply noone is available.

Comment didn't age too well 😉

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Person complains about primavera ‘saying nothing’ about changes to lineup and mentioning Turnstile.

Primavera replies that they’ve already communicated about this with 25 new names.

Tell us nothing about MA and the festival has never said whether they will or won’t replace them.

Thanks! 

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There aren't that many auditori acts for W2. Wonder if they'll even use it? And shame there's nothing on the scale of Sufjan or Spiritualized+Choir this year - it's such a good venue.

Caterina Barbieri, Arooj Aftab, Ambarchi / Sprenger / Sollmann and Angel Bat Dawid are all Auditori acts IMO.

Edited by username666
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, username666 said:

Yeah, BA cancelled both legs of mine but I managed to grab alternative flights on the same days (saw the emails in time). 

We've been at a festival for the past few days so haven't had a chance to look at it. Will do later!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Honestly cant wait for this. Got my flights and accomodation booked. Going down the coast for a few days in between festivals (back for Interpol though) and do nothing but slap on the factor 50 kids. 

Looking forward to the timetable coming out. The second day of weekend 1 is going to clash hell.

22 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

to my knowledge, none of the festivals Massive Attack were set to perform has found a suitable replacement for them and I guess we must make peace with the option, that simply noone is available.

adding one more show of a band announced for one weekend only wouldn't be a bad option to me (e.g. one between Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Smile or Interpol added also to day 1 to replace Massive Attack)

3 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

If you get a wristband for 2 weekends , it's a long time to wear a wristband for..

I think the longest ive been wearing a wristband for was sevenish years so you'll be fine 😄

No that Wristband did not start Covid

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

If you get a wristband for 2 weekends , it's a long time to wear a wristband for..

Suspect different wristbands for the two weekends but you might still need to wear it to get into the Ciutat gigs.

Also think we won't get the timetables early this year as I suspect they'll publish both weekends at same time which will imply waiting longer (plus will want to leave late to allow for late cancellations).

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Also think we won't get the timetables early this year as I suspect they'll publish both weekends at same time which will imply waiting longer (plus will want to leave late to allow for late cancellations).

Plus they're consistently replying on social media that we'll get the timetables 2 weeks before the festival - so it really looks like May 18-19 rather than May 11-12.