Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

On 4/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, xxialac said:

I see Grace Jones as realistic.

Has been booked before, not too expensive, definitely at headliner level (and great performer), only has to fly in from London, not a large entourage and has a small handful of dates starting 10 June. 

At her age, I dont think she would extend a three-date run at home to somewhere outside the UK. 

to my knowledge, none of the festivals Massive Attack were set to perform has found a suitable replacement for them and I guess we must make peace with the option, that simply noone is available.

saw duma last night, I can totally recommend them for the lucky people going for wk2

On a side note, I don't know how to interpret another of those rare answers regarding the situation from PS team. This looks pretty bad in respect to other names added. However, one could say that they are giving these answers only to comments regarding bands different than Massive Attack... image.png.f21641b28860d8c19eb45a53af10f249.png

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

At her age, I dont think she would extend a three-date run at home to somewhere outside the UK. 

to my knowledge, none of the festivals Massive Attack were set to perform has found a suitable replacement for them and I guess we must make peace with the option, that simply noone is available.

isn't she replacing robyin at the same festival that had massive attack on the bill and just added jamie xx? 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Great to know. Anyone else been to any gigs recently with smaller PS acts?

Dry Cleaning is really übercool, really enjoyed their show and the great vibe at the venue. Saw King Hannah the night before and it was less interesting. Potential is there, but an hour felt quite long. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

saw duma last night, I can totally recommend them for the lucky people going for wk2

On a side note, I don't know how to interpret another of those rare answers regarding the situation from PS team. This looks pretty bad in respect to other names added. However, one could say that they are giving these answers only to comments regarding bands different than Massive Attack... image.png.f21641b28860d8c19eb45a53af10f249.png

Could someone please translate this for me?

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Could someone please translate this for me?

Person complains about primavera ‘saying nothing’ about changes to lineup and mentioning Turnstile.

Primavera replies that they’ve already communicated about this with 25 new names.

Tell us nothing about MA and the festival has never said whether they will or won’t replace them.

• Upvote 1