Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I just realised that Wednesday the 8th, not being a part of the actual main festival, has enough names to sell out a mid sized weekend-festival and that should say everything there is to know about this years Primavera

You'll probably have no chance of seeing all 4 big acts though, presumably they're all at different venues in the city at roughly the same time - still an amazing bonus for ticketholders obviously 

12 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

yeah I know, but the sheer amount of effort put into this thing is amazing

Yeah man, we're there 1-5 so the idea of extra chances to see Gizz, Beck, Rina, Simz and Jawbox if they clash during the first weekend is awesome. Definitely shooting for 2 Gizz shows

I have to fly back the day after weekend one finishes as have work commitments before Glastonbury a few weeks later but there's so much I'd have liked to have seen. Little Simz, Cassandra Jenkins, Jockstrap, Ill Considered, Keiyaa, Mike, Lightning Bolt, Hailu Mergia, John Glacier, Nala Sinephro, Duma and KMRU would all be high up my list of things to see. 

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I just realised that Wednesday the 8th, not being a part of the actual main festival, has enough names to sell out a mid sized weekend-festival and that should say everything there is to know about this years Primavera

Totally agree (again, getting tiring now…).

The free programme alone has the same quality and depth as Primavera Porto in the early years.

24 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I guess it's kind of over? 

Really, given we were never getting a new headliner, what I don't get it's the fact that the three (four with turnstile!) big losses were in w1 and the biggest name added went to wk 2. How does it make sense?? 

I guess since WK1 is the one mostly consisting of returning 2020/21 Acts, it always had a higher chance of dropouts than the WK2 bands contracted specifically for 2022

18 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

On a different note if there was one artist I expected to drop out that one was Playboi Carti Lol. I don't see PS in his tour page on his website, do we know something about this? 

Artists sometimes don't care about renewing tour info on their website. For example, Splash, Woo Hah, Open'er and Ruisrock are also not stated there, while OpenAir Frauenfeld and Wireless are

Though, dropping out of festivals' lineups is like the most rapper thing. I recall A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott, Migos, Chance The Rapper and more last minute cancellations at different festivals I attended

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I see Grace Jones as realistic.

Has been booked before, not too expensive, definitely at headliner level (and great performer), only has to fly in from London, not a large entourage and has a small handful of dates starting 10 June. 

My bet is on Royksopp, they released a new album today, on tour in June

7 hours ago, purplecowz said:

Because a) a significant headliner playing both weekends dropped out and hasn't been replaced on the poster b) this festival has a long history of randomly adding surprise acts and c) the poster is incredibly unbalanced and they didn't promote anyone to a headliner, which they could have EASILY.

EDIT: To reply to the rest of your post, I didn't even look at their Instagram so my conclusions have nothing to do with social media.

It's not like the timeslots of the dropped headliners will be left empty, so who cares whether somebody gets promoted on the poster? At the end of the day, we'll still be getting shows during primetime at Mordor.

11 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Artists sometimes don't care about renewing tour info on their website. For example, Splash, Woo Hah, Open'er and Ruisrock are also not stated there, while OpenAir Frauenfeld and Wireless are

Though, dropping out of festivals' lineups is like the most rapper thing. I recall A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott, Migos, Chance The Rapper and more last minute cancellations at different festivals I attended

True, but enough rappers did show up back in 2019, such as Future. I bet Carti will be there.

7 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

No. The SA PS are in October/November. No indication whatsoever for PS BCN. Just look at the Lollapaloozas. SA editions have hardly any main acts that appear in chicago, Berlin, Stockholm or Paris.

There is currently not a single act mentioned here that is any more than wishful thinking. 

Why are you so pessimistic? Debbie downer much? Obviously their booking team is talking to Bjork and has a good relationship with her. It doesn't mean she'll be in Barcelona this year but you can't rule it out either especially with so much of the lineup pending due to tour/covid changes.