Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Newly added KOKOKO! are a brilliant live act for the new opening night. Also Teto Preto.

Happy to read this, literally just giving them a listen now (KOKOKO!) & sound great. 

Gutted about Jessica Pratt, Turnstile & Perfume, but Mdou Moctar is a fantastic addition & also brilliant live.

Edited by livenstu

50 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I see that Arcade Fire did a secret set at Coachella. Is it not impossible that they do one at Prima (especially having done one in the past)?

Not impossible, but seeing that they’re playing London tomorrow and the flying back to America to do SNL it’s perhaps unlikely that they’d then fly back again for a mere secret set. Probably just gonna headline next year outright instead. 

10 hours ago, Jamm said:

Ended up deciding to share a room with a friend, got it for 1000 June 1st to 6th. At Placa De Catalunya so good location at least.

Flights and hotel sorted, so now can relax. Fly Leeds to Reus, get the bus to Sants, Metro to Placa de Catalunya. And then fly direct from Barcelona to Manchester.

What's transport like from Parc Del Forum during the festival? Last time I was at Primavera was 2015 and I swear it wasn't 4pm-6am then?!

Also is the amazing kebab van still there?! / What else has changed since 2015?

I was last there in 2014 and just remember the food on site being poor to average at best 

Not too happy about the changes: decided to stay till Wednesday because of the Turnstile show (Would probably have gone home on Monday otherwise) and booked evening flights on the 1st. I don't get how this announcement is something to be happy about if you're Weekend 1 visitor. Take a look at the comments on instagram and you know enough. 

15 hours ago, kaytee... said:

If there was a replacement for Massive Attack it wouldn't make sense for them to announce until the week of the festival given how much backlash they're getting so far. The festival can't predict when someone will fall ill/logistical travel issues

Yeah I agree with you. The updated poster makes it seem even more glaringly obvious. You can't have 5 headliners some days, and 1-2 headliners on other days. I bet they drop a few more headliners with the schedule.

5 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Yeah I agree with you. The updated poster makes it seem even more glaringly obvious. You can't have 5 headliners some days, and 1-2 headliners on other days. I bet they drop a few more headliners with the schedule.

I wouldn't put it past them to provide an MA replacement AND a 20th anniversary surprise (someone like mbv). Probably one for each weekend.

Edited by xxialac

41 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone got a link to the June 1st info? Was it on Instagram or something? Can't see anything on the website but I find it pretty impenetrable!

Is it basically just the lineup poster? Just realised we don't land til 7pm anyway so not sure how achievable Wednesday will be.

And Napalm Death are back?!

3 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Why would they do that?

people on Instagram are just not a metric. Social media aggrevates negativity. You just can't have a diferentiated debate there. Apart from Massive Attack there are 499 other acts on this bill and most of them are great. Its ok to focus on the cancellations right now, and MA is a bummer for sure, but the hate on there is childish af. 

As for this forum, I think many of us have just taken the absurd gradiosity of this Line Up for granted and then judge from that point of view. It still is by far the best bill in the world, even with the dropouts.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is it basically just the lineup poster? Just realised we don't land til 7pm anyway so not sure how achievable Wednesday will be.

And Napalm Death are back?!

Probably the opening night will be something like 7-11pm. Two stages effectively. Poble Espanyol is also quite a walk from the metro (it’s on a large hill Montjuic overlooking the city).

12 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Why would they do that?

Because a) a significant headliner playing both weekends dropped out and hasn't been replaced on the poster b) this festival has a long history of randomly adding surprise acts and c) the poster is incredibly unbalanced and they didn't promote anyone to a headliner, which they could have EASILY.

EDIT: To reply to the rest of your post, I didn't even look at their Instagram so my conclusions have nothing to do with social media.

Edited by purplecowz

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think it gets forgotten but all this brilliance (and six days of it) is thrown in *as well as* the standard length three day festival itself.

evfnp3c00bephtz3pii1_1651152100215.jpg

So many clashes on the 8th though 😬

Do they run these gigs throughout the day or do they all tend to be in the evening?

Just now, kaytee... said:

So many clashes on the 8th though 😬

Do they run these gigs throughout the day or do they all tend to be in the evening?

Yeah, it will be clashtastic and of course in different venues.

On other hand the choice is so vast, that surely there's something for everyone.

Very likely to all be evening and into the small hours.