Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

If it eventually happens they really need to rethink their pr strategy 

If people want to assume an updated poster means no headliner replacement that's on them and them only. I'm sure there are some good surprises to come (though also a couple of last minute dropouts, hopefully nothing major).

The repeated theme I hear is that they've got all the money in the bank and don't need to do anything more. Um, if that's the case, why they have they e.g. just added a day to the festival at no extra charge?

More good stuff for sure.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If people want to assume an updated poster means no headliner replacement that's on them and them only. I'm sure there are some good surprises to come (though also a couple of last minute dropouts, hopefully nothing major).

The repeated theme I hear is that they've got all the money in the bank and don't need to do anything more. Um, if that's the case, why they have they e.g. just added a day to the festival at no extra charge?

More good stuff for sure.

To soften the pill?

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ha, on the poster it's noticeable that they didn't bump anyone up or put Fred Again on the top line.

This is very true.

I said earlier I doubt that anyone significant would come in to replace MA. But in that case surely they would have bumped someone like Charli up to the top font? The fact the MA days has just two at the top and some have four definitely suggests to me that someone is still TBA.

Overall im more pleased that todays announcement kinda re-confirms all those acts for the timebeing and gets rid of the Kacey or Sky doubts we had. 

2 minutes ago, Float said:

The fact the MA days has just two at the top and some have four definitely suggests to me that someone is still TBA.

Worse yet, W1 has 2 more "biggest names" than W1. Although W1 arguably has the better undercard overall, even after Brockhampton and Turnstile left. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Worse yet, W1 has 2 more "biggest names" than W1. Although W1 arguably has the better undercard overall, even after Brockhampton and Turnstile left. 

I agree about the undercards, but I imagine if even just for aesthetic purposes on the poster, they would have bumped someone up as a third headliner on each of those days if a replacement isn’t to be announced.

Guess we’ll see. I’m just glad the ball seems to be rolling a little faster now! 

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

At this point I'm sure there will not be a replacement.

I was wrong about many things many times, and I hope that I continue to be, but I don't see who they'd pull on such short notice in the craziest year in recent festival history.

Vampire Weekend. 

Ended up deciding to share a room with a friend, got it for 1000 June 1st to 6th. At Placa De Catalunya so good location at least.

Flights and hotel sorted, so now can relax. Fly Leeds to Reus, get the bus to Sants, Metro to Placa de Catalunya. And then fly direct from Barcelona to Manchester.

What's transport like from Parc Del Forum during the festival? Last time I was at Primavera was 2015 and I swear it wasn't 4pm-6am then?!

Also is the amazing kebab van still there?! / What else has changed since 2015?

2 minutes ago, Jamm said:

Ended up deciding to share a room with a friend, got it for 1000 June 1st to 6th. At Placa De Catalunya so good location at least.

Flights and hotel sorted, so now can relax. Fly Leeds to Reus, get the bus to Sants, Metro to Placa de Catalunya. And then fly direct from Barcelona to Manchester.

What's transport like from Parc Del Forum during the festival? Last time I was at Primavera was 2015 and I swear it wasn't 4pm-6am then?!

Also is the amazing kebab van still there?! / What else has changed since 2015?

Has been c.4pm to 6am as long as I can remember. Arguably longer now as djs in early afternoon.

Biggest change since then is addition of enormous area other side of bridge which has all the dancey stuff.

Sorted our accommodation change. Once again if you've booked an AirBnB that's just a room rather than a whole apartment, beward, government is cracking down and several AirBnB hosts are either keeping very quiet or pulling out. 

Had to pay a lot more and will be a 50 minute metro/bus ride after the festival but I'd rather do that than show up and be turned away from the AirBnB. Sucks but hey. 

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Much more of an indication of how they are live now. I'm really looking forward to them. 

Yeah peak of their powers here.  If we get them on the same sort of form, it will be a treat.  They're a live juggernaut now with 100s of shows under their belt - Glastonbury 2010 was one of their first ever proper gigs.