Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

No MA replacement is hugely disappointing. Like, I wasn’t even that bothered about seeing them, but Primavera have had a great track record of replacing headliner (and other act) dropouts in the past so to see them forego it this time for whatever reason is a bummer. I’m sure I won’t give a shit when there, but can’t help but feel a little short changed at this point, and it must especially suck for those who were excited to see them.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

No MA replacement is hugely disappointing. Like, I wasn’t even that bothered about seeing them, but Primavera have had a great track record of replacing headliner (and other act) dropouts in the past so to see them forego it this time for whatever reason is a bummer. I’m sure I won’t give a shit when there, but can’t help but feel a little short changed at this point, and it must especially suck for those who were excited to see them.

One of the biggest draws of the festival for me. There's still a shedload of other stuff but that was a huge one for me personally. Bummer. Like I said before hopefully Dinosaur Jr. are now a possibility, I was pretty certain they were gonna clash with MA although that's just my crystal ball talking. 

1 hour ago, TiltedBrain said:

Our Booking host has cancelled our apartment and left the booking platform. 

The price of accom accross the city is killing me, we got a 6 person apartment in Poblenou in 2018 for 5 nights for like 1400, the price now for the equivalent is like 4500. 

Hope you all find something.

This is something I've been wondering about wrt Primavera, that the growth in the overseas visitors (like me) also coincided with the availability of accommodation through sites like Booking and Airbnb. Now that Barcelona is starting to crack down, it could be that Primavera becomes harder for foreigners unless they're able to throw a lot of cash at it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Still time for a MA replacement to be announced.

Really don't believe in that anymore

noticably, Kacey is still on.

Althoug the dropouts are disappointing in sum, I'm sort of amazed how they manage to juggle stuff around, move acts between days or Weekends and bring in new ones. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Still time for a MA replacement to be announced.

Yeah I had thought that they might still be finalising things, but think that’s just me clutching at straws tbh. Surely they’d have just held back this announcement until they were ready to announce the headliner replacement too.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

All of those ins for w2 have been announced ages ago

Think the point was that since the very first poster drops, weekend 2 has gotten significantly better with its additions whereas weekend 1 has gotten worse with some of its dropouts being pretty great acts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Little bit hilarious that people were thinking Arcade Fire and/or NIN were going to replace Massive Attack and its now looking possible that there isn't any replacement at all. 

I had no wild expectations by any means but holding onto my ticket for 3 years and not getting a replacement is disappointing. Also it seems every other week someone I was keen on seeing has bailed. Obviously not all primaveras fault but I can still be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I had no wild expectations by any means but holding onto my ticket for 3 years and not getting a replacement is disappointing. Also it seems every other week someone I was keen on seeing has bailed. Obviously not all primaveras fault but I can still be disappointed.

It's absolutely fair to be disappointed, I am too. 

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts on if they’ll expand the June 1 welcome date? A little annoyed that they added a date with 35 days to go after most people finalized travel plans months/weeks ago and may not be around for this. I’m fine with missing what’s announced but if it gets much bigger there’s bound to be disappointment 

Just now, bobhoward said:

Any thoughts on if they’ll expand the June 1 welcome date? A little annoyed that they added a date with 35 days to go after most people finalized travel plans months/weeks ago and may not be around for this. I’m fine with missing what’s announced but if it gets much bigger there’s bound to be disappointment 

Doubt it.

Surely there's a chance that theyre just holding off on announcing a MA replacement coz they want to do a separate announcement for it? Theyve replaced other artists with much less notice, so would be weird if they didn't do the same here. I wouldn't even mind if they replaced them with some slightly smaller acts, like I dunno... Spiritualized and MBV for example