Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Do you think enough time will pass where Ryan Adams will be accepted again?

Like I mean people go to Jack White and John Mayer gigs, they're not beacons of healthy behaviours.

LIke we can talk about led Zeppelin and other bands of their era but the above two are just contemporary examples.

I guess if the main singer returned to Kasabian I think alot of people would go. I wouldn't as i don't follow them.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

2 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

What did Jack White and John Mayer do? Trying to allegedly get with a minor is a big deal nowadays, and Adams having sexually harassed Phoebe Bridgers doesn't sit well with people either.

They created unhealthy or abusive situations for their then partners.

All on the Google's.

Seem to be some low key and independent concerts taking place at Poble Espanyol indoors at same time as the outdoor stuff. Seems a bit odd but admittedly don't know the venue well.

https://entradium.com/events/frankie-the-witch-fingers-usa-en-barcelona?fbclid=IwAR24ANCZydtyMjoQLeBe8wqZbSmL75Qp31yhAXwgxCqMU6fvPUSp-TdRB9I

Edited by xxialac

11 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Just googled it; doesn't rise above being a bad partner IMO. 

Jesus Fucking Tapdancing Christ. You don’t think that grooming teenage girls and several counts of  sexual harassment rises above “being a bad partner”?

Edited by jadel74
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jadel74 said:

Jesus Fucking Tapdancing Christ. You don’t think that grooming teenage girls and several counts of  sexual harassment rises above “being a bad partner”?

I think they’re talking about what Jack White and John Mayer have allegedly done not being a big deal - not defending Ryan Adams who’s behaviour is obviously inexcusable - unless I’ve missed something and both Jack White and John Mayer are humungous abusive pieces of shit? 

ANYWAY, nah, Ryan Adams isn’t getting booked any time soon/ever. 

Hope we get some actual Primavera news soon!

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jadel74 said:

Yeah I think you're misinterpreting them. I think they were referring to Jack White and J Mayer.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

14 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I say this as someone who could not give a fuck about Travis Scott, but the blame for the Astroworld Disaster should obviously be with Live Nation and not him personally. 

Well... I knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later after I saw his documentary. The way he/his crew just let the insanity happen at every show + he even fires the crowd up even more after the show was paused because people were getting trapped.

And the way he "just gets out of there" when things get dangerous, while he's probably the only one at that time who can calm the crowd down. I don't say it's entirely his fault, but he could've handled the insanity of his shows way better, and not only at Astroworld.

• Upvote 2

Also true, but if you ask me if people are dying or getting hurt, then you're a fellow human being, and your role as "performer" don't mean shit. We're talking about lives here, not about "I should act cool, because otherwise my street-cred is going down and I can't ask as much money on the next show anymore and then my label is going to be pissed".

If an old woman is hurt on the street, and no one is helping her because everyone's thinking well I'm just a waiter, I'm not qualified to help you. Well then I gladly call all those people douchebags.

This example is a bit exaggerated, and not really comparable. But still he was the only one as "performer" who could talk to the audience. If a security guy came up and talked tot hem it wouldn't have done shit.

And the more I think about it, his shows were like that for a long time. He should atleast have had a training on how to act on that. Since this could've happened on a gazillion of shows he did before if you must believe his documentary.

Edited by Boss89
  • Like 1

Astroworld is his festival. He's not just some artist that got paid to be there, he created it, responsibility lies with him too.

When the tragedy happened we saw a hundred videos of performers in the past doing the right thing and making sure everyone in intense crowds were okay. I was there at Download 2010 when RATM stopped twice while they pulled people out, I'm sure we've all seen similar things IRL. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Also true, but if you ask me if people are dying or getting hurt, then you're a fellow human being, and your role as "performer" don't mean shit. We're talking about lives here, not about "I should act cool, because otherwise my street-cred is going down and I can't ask as much money on the next show anymore and then my label is going to be pissed".

If an old woman is hurt on the street, and no one is helping her because everyone's thinking well I'm just a waiter, I'm not qualified to help you. Well then I gladly call all those people douchebags.

This example is a bit exaggerated, and not really comparable. But still he was the only one as "performer" who could talk to the audience. If a security guy came up and talked tot hem it wouldn't have done shit.

And the more I think about it, his shows were like that for a long time. He should atleast have had a training on how to act on that. Since this could've happened on a gazillion of shows he did before if you must believe his documentary.

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Astroworld is his festival. He's not just some artist that got paid to be there, he created it, responsibility lies with him too.

When the tragedy happened we saw a hundred videos of performers in the past doing the right thing and making sure everyone in intense crowds were okay. I was there at Download 2010 when RATM stopped twice while they pulled people out, I'm sure we've all seen similar things IRL. 

Yeah, I've got to agree with these. The blame falls on many people, but he definitely seems like he's been irresponsible in the past, encouraging fans to jump from balconies and so on. Also, weren't there tweets from that day where he encouraged fans to break in and it was over capacity?

Will this be the first show since the tragedy? Will be interesting to see if all his stage banter about raging and so on is calmed down for it, or if it's exactly the same vibe as before.

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

IMO that just shows what good people RATM are. And observant.

But the decision to stop a show on grounds of safety shouldn’t lie with the singer who is fully focused on delivering a performance, it should lie exclusively with the organisers, who were responsible for hiring trained security to advise them to make this decision. In this case, being Live Nation.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

But the decision to stop a show on grounds of safety shouldn’t lie with the singer who is fully focused on delivering a performance, it should lie exclusively with the organisers, who were responsible for hiring trained security to advise them to make this decision. In this case, being Live Nation.

Normally I might agree but again, Scott IS one of the organisers, he created the thing. He absolutely took an extra cut of the profits for putting the thing together and part of the blame lies with him.

Anyway, blame or not he's back. Gonna be a while before I can look past Astroworld personally but I get that he's still a big name. I'd rather see Kendrick at Barca next year after he drops his new album in a few weeks. Kendrick / NIN / Massive Attack / Arcade Fire / Bjork for 2023 would do the job.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Normally I might agree but again, Scott IS one of the organisers, he created the thing. He absolutely took an extra cut of the profits for putting the thing together and part of the blame lies with him.

Anyway, blame or not he's back. Gonna be a while before I can look past Astroworld personally but I get that he's still a big name. I'd rather see Kendrick at Barca next year after he drops his new album in a few weeks. Kendrick / NIN / Massive Attack / Arcade Fire / Bjork for 2023 would do the job.

Do you really think Scott was involved in selecting security which did a terrible job, as evidenced by the deaths.

He’s just the public face of the festival for marketing reasons, in the same way as George Forman isn’t making sure his grills conform to EU safety standards.

Edited by xxialac

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Do you really think Scott was involved in selecting security which did a terrible job, as evidenced by the deaths.

He’s just the public face of the festival for marketing reasons, in the same way as George Forman isn’t making sure his grills conform to EU safety standards.

Selecting, no, but if you're the creator of the event and you're taking extra profits for creating it, it sure does fall to you to make sure corners are not being cut like they were here, and you absolutely do have the responsibility to stop the show if it's looking bad. George Forman didn't invent his grill, some other guys did and then used him for the promo. Astroworld only exists because Scott made it so and he could have called the entire thing off if he wanted to, it's his.

Anyway we can go in circles on this forever, I'll never agree that Scott isn't partially responsible for those deaths but that's just me. He'll still pull a hell of a crowd wherever he goes. 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Selecting, no, but if you're the creator of the event and you're taking extra profits for creating it, it sure does fall to you to make sure corners are not being cut like they were here, and you absolutely do have the responsibility to stop the show if it's looking bad. George Forman didn't invent his grill, some other guys did and then used him for the promo. Astroworld only exists because Scott made it so and he could have called the entire thing off if he wanted to, it's his.

Anyway we can go in circles on this forever, I'll never agree that Scott isn't partially responsible for those deaths but that's just me. He'll still pull a hell of a crowd wherever he goes. 

Foreman got 40% of the profits from the grill sales, more than anyone else including the inventor. Didn’t he have a personal responsibility to put on goggles and be involved in the extensive testing process to make sure the grills were safe?

Again, the performer is not an expert in security (and is busy performing). It doesn’t make sense that the performer is given the responsibility to stop a show.