Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

16 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Speaking of rooftop bars, anybody ever visit the rooftop bar at the W in town? The view looks really cool.

Does the view just look out to sea/along the coast?  Probably a very cool bar in terms of lights etc but I really like being in among the buildings.  I've also seen 1881 per sagardi at Barceloneta mentioned, but I think that's "just" looking across the harbour on a slightly raised platform.

• Upvote 1

Our AirBnB host (previous reviews great) isn't responding to any messages and the latest review is from this month saying she cancelled on the day. Fantastic. Looking like we'll need to pay 3x as much and stay 5x further away now or risk showing up with no accommodation. Fuming doesn't cut it. 

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Our AirBnB host (previous reviews great) isn't responding to any messages and the latest review is from this month saying she cancelled on the day. Fantastic. Looking like we'll need to pay 3x as much and stay 5x further away now or risk showing up with no accommodation. Fuming doesn't cut it. 

Get Airbnb to call them. Better to get the booking confirmed or cancelled now.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Get Airbnb to call them. Better to get the booking confirmed or cancelled now.

The booking itself is already done and paid, although refundable, I just don't trust this host not to screw us over on the day considering they don't reply to messages. Rather shell out now for someone more reliable than be constantly worrying about it. 

55 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

I've heard that Airbnb in Barcelona is only available for a one month rent.

We have an Airbnb booked for a only few days, I messaged the host last week and he confirmed everything is fine with our booking. 

Re. Airbnb in Barcelona: 

If you are a host that wants to let a spare room in the property you live in then you can only do this for 30 days or more.   

if you are letting out an entire apartment then you can let it to tourists for short stays, but you must have a tourist licence.  The licence number must be displayed on your adverts. 

Barcelona city council is cracking down on illegal holiday lettings.  This is probably why lots of people are having their Airbnbs cancelled.  

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/862/cataluña-barcelona

Beware of unlicensed properties:

https://www.catalannews.com/business/item/spain-s-supreme-court-allows-airbnb-to-advertise-unlicensed-tourist-flats 

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/global-news/barcelona-takes-on-airbnb/70571/1

Edited by username666
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Oh man that's a pain. We booked AirBnb appartment ages ago and it has been a niggling worry ...thankfully the owner was in touch this week and it's all good. I hope I havent jinxed it now 😬

Now just have to worry about flights being cancelled or going down with covid 😆The world is hard work right now.

Hope it all works out for you.

Edited by thespiral
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, username666 said:

Re. Airbnb in Barcelona: 

If you are a host that wants to let a spare room in the property you live in then you can only do this for 30 days or more.   

if you are letting out an entire apartment then you can let it to tourists for short stays, but you must have a tourist licence.  The licence number must be displayed on your adverts. 

Barcelona city council is cracking down on illegal holiday lettings.  This is probably why lots of people are having their Airbnbs cancelled.  

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/862/cataluña-barcelona

Beware of unlicensed properties:

https://www.catalannews.com/business/item/spain-s-supreme-court-allows-airbnb-to-advertise-unlicensed-tourist-flats 

Thanks, there's a good chance that this is what's happening then since it's a room rather than a full apartment. Will look into other options. Cheers! 

19 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Anyone got a bar in Barcelona that I could watch the Scotland - Ukraine playoffs game on Wednesday 1 June , near poblenou would be good .  Or does the Brewdog in Barcelona show sport.

we watched football here on the Weds in 2019 - great beer hall type place that shows loads of games

L'Ovella Negra Marina

+34 933 09 59 38

https://maps.app.goo.gl/39z1qgkAELKQuvBa9

The Travis Scott booking feels problematic given the incident only happened a matter of months ago, but I often need to remind myself this is a multimillion euro corporate festival at this point that is trying to make a bunch of money for its shareholders and not a cute little homegrown indie festival with any moral compass.

On the plus side this is very strong indication Bjork will be doing next summer's festival season.