Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

33 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

On the flip side, Wet Leg is fucking amazing live and everyone should go see them. Their recently released album rips, too.

Anyone know how hyped they are in Spain? Am hoping it will be easier to see them at Prima then in the Park at Glasto.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone know how hyped they are in Spain? Am hoping it will be easier to see them at Prima then in the Park at Glasto.

Don't think Primavera is a good indicator really considering how many internationals will be going this year in particular. I'm expecting it to be very busy for them.

47 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is there gonna be a meet-up at any point? Might be nice to do the wife a favour and give her a break from my generally annoying personality.

Could be fun although I am notoriously bad at saying I'll go to the Glasto one and chickening out. Have walked past and looked at everyone a couple of times like a total creep.

16 hours ago, Float said:

Day One of the first weekend is looking very poor to me (and that’s before the Kacey Musgraves and Tokischa drop-outs). Sincerely hope we get some additions as that will personally feel like a bit of a damp squib to kick off the next 11 days…

It's literally the best day of all. Pavement!!!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

Only 27 working days until PS and no lineup specific news since January. Still need to hear about Bits, Pro, Hidden, Ciutat tickets, official app, schedules, food, wristband collection, smaller stages (Rayban tent, OCB, A Casa Teva), some new gimmick (like the collectable cups in 2019) and probably a fair bit more I've forgotten.

I hope you are still on track, guys!

hopefully they're just holding back until the South American lineups tomorrow and we'll be flooded with info next week.

Maybe the MA replacement is also an headliner there and they didn't want to expose it before that, who knows. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

Little side track, but since people have asked for food tips here before, I have two "breaking" news in gourmet world in Barcelona.
1. Come - opened last week. It's the chef behind Hoja Santa that closed during Covid times. New name, but same dude and same location. Hoja Santa was one of my favorite places in Barcelona. From 20-35 dishes with top notch mexican food, and pretty cheap for the food you get. The new restaurant will have the same kind of concept. Got me a table for lunch 2th of June (I'm fully booked for evenings already haha). They are open wednesday - saturday, both lunch and dinner.
2. Enigma - Finally they are opening again, on 7th of June. Follow their Instagram profile to get info for when you can book a table. This is much more expensive than Come, but a very unique experience. You are walking around is different rooms with different themes. Don't want to spoil too much of it. This is the place to go if like to challenge yourself in the food world, so it's not for everybody. I've been there one time, and we got served a rabbit brain (VERY GOOD) and see-through bread (wtf) for example, and 30 dishes more. 

amazing tip @martin_89! just booked lunch there. Likewise Hoja Santa (as well as Nino Viejo) were two of my favorites in the city. thank you!

• Like 1

Dice ticket holders … anyone received their AccessTicket email/sign up yet ??

Website has said for weeks they are coming.

I’m wondering if I can just get the App and get set up or do we need this invite link ? A bit wary of trying to set it up and getting in a mess and causing more hassle 😁 

1 minute ago, thespiral said:

I’m wondering if I can just get the App and get set up or do we need this invite link ? A bit wary of trying to set it up and getting in a mess and causing more hassle 😁 

Nothing as of yet. Apparently it was coming before the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Nothing for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Nope. I'm wondering if they've realised how stupid/pointless it is to make Dice holders move to a new app when they already have a virtual ticket. 

• Like 1

My two friends who I was going with can sadly (annoyingly) no longer go, I never mind going on city breaks by myself but this will be my first festival going it alone, if anyone fancies a pint at any point please let me know! I'm generally quite good company

(First weekend)

Edited by Gacheezbo
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't tell me that dude. Just the once so far, but it took it two years to finally get me!

Actually, I guess if you had it recently then you've prob had omicron now, so that will work heavily in your favour (should prob add the caveat here that I don't really know what I'm f@cking talking about).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

I think the festival are having a few problems with the AccessTicket judging by social media. Wouldn't surprise me if this is causing the delay. Honestly a very pointless system imo.

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

I think the festival are having a few problems with the AccessTicket judging by social media. Wouldn't surprise me if this is causing the delay. Honestly a very pointless system imo.

Yeah I don't really see why another layer of complication is being added either. I swear to god sometimes phones/internet really doesn't make things easier 😁

12 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Yeah I don't really see why another layer of complication is being added either. I swear to god sometimes phones/internet really doesn't make things easier 😁

On the other hand, I have to admit, that after I validated the ticket and I saw it on my phone with my ID photo... it just felt nice. 🙂 I finally let myself believe that it is going to happen this year.

2 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

My two friends who I was going with can sadly (annoyingly) no longer go, I never mind going on city breaks by myself but this will be my first festival going it alone, if anyone fancies a pint at any point please let me know! I'm generally quite good company

(First weekend)

We've got a few of us coming over on the Wednesday morning so by all means let us know if you're at a loose end and want to meet aging 30 odd year old who enjoy sad music haha

PASSPORT PANIC 😳

Just had mini meltdown thinking my passport may not be valid due to non-EU rules now applying to UK passport holders, post-Brexit (of course). Mine was issued Sept '12 but valid til June next year (as I renewed early and they added the maximum extra 9 months on). Basically EU/ Schengen countries will now only let you in if your passport a) was issued less than 10 years ago and b) has at least 3 months remaining on your return date - however having checked numerous sources, those remaining < 3 months do NOT also need to be within 10 years of issue.

The Govt website says some Schengen countries may not let you in unless your passport has those minimum 3 months within 10 years of the issue date- effectively saying your passport needs to have been issued less than 9 yrs, 9 months prior to your return date. This is NOT the case (thankfully, as it would have scuppered me by 1 day).

It's very confusing and if you're in any doubt, you might want to check- we're flying with BA who point you towards the IATA website to check your passport validity.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

3 hours ago, fools_gold said:

A pal had to miss Roadburn Festival this year owing to catching covid two days before their flight. Only slightly terrified the same will happen to me (only caught it once and in mid December)

Doesn't make any difference does it? Unless you are unvaccinated.

My friends went to Spain last week, they paid £80 for a PCR for their daughter and no-one bothered to check it.