Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

6 minutes ago, Float said:

Day One of the first weekend is looking very poor to me (and that’s before the Kacey Musgraves and Tokischa drop-outs). Sincerely hope we get some additions as that will personally feel like a bit of a damp squib to kick off the next 11 days…

On the otherhand, Kacey Musgraves is still selling tickets for the London show on the same tour and it even looks like a Paris show was just announced with tickets on sale this week. She is still listed on Roskilde, Glastonbury and Werchter websites, so who knows!

Day 1 looks absolutely stacked to me, even without MA. Have 12 acts I want to see and that's before the MA replacement and all the Hidden Stage acts.  Funny how opinions differ!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Day 1 looks absolutely stacked to me, even without MA. Have 12 acts I want to see and that's before the MA replacement and all the Hidden Stage acts.  Funny how opinions differ!

Agreed, it's literally my most stacked day of the two weekends. Would prefer things got spread out from that day to the others!

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Haha I’d say I’m a Black Lips or Dinosaur Jr. cancellation away from starting my festival a day later 😛

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Top seven for each day here:

Thursday 2
Black Midi, Charli XCX, Kehlani, Turnstile, Les Savy Fav, VTSS, Pavement

Friday 3
Autechre, Fontaines DC, Low, Blawan, Evian Christ, Little Simz, Caribou

Saturday 4
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tyler the Creator, Caroline Polachek, Black Country New Road, Jenny Hval, The Caretaker, Gorillaz

Thursday 9

Dua Lipa, Slowdive, AG Cook, Duma, Prospa, India Jordan, Squid

Friday 10

Lorde, Bleachers, M.I.A, The Smile, Danny L Harle, Japanese Breakfast, CMAT

Saturday 11

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Daniel Avery, Jessie Ware, Sherelle b2b Tim Reaper, Oranssi Pazuzu, Courtesy Live, Phoenix

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

Little side track, but since people have asked for food tips here before, I have two "breaking" news in gourmet world in Barcelona.
1. Come - opened last week. It's the chef behind Hoja Santa that closed during Covid times. New name, but same dude and same location. Hoja Santa was one of my favorite places in Barcelona. From 20-35 dishes with top notch mexican food, and pretty cheap for the food you get. The new restaurant will have the same kind of concept. Got me a table for lunch 2th of June (I'm fully booked for evenings already haha). They are open wednesday - saturday, both lunch and dinner.
2. Enigma - Finally they are opening again, on 7th of June. Follow their Instagram profile to get info for when you can book a table. This is much more expensive than Come, but a very unique experience. You are walking around is different rooms with different themes. Don't want to spoil too much of it. This is the place to go if like to challenge yourself in the food world, so it's not for everybody. I've been there one time, and we got served a rabbit brain (VERY GOOD) and see-through bread (wtf) for example, and 30 dishes more. 

Id love a few more tips like this if anyone has any going. I'm arriving quite early in the week so I may actually have time to check out some decent food options instead of my usual three day diet of beer and festival food!

32 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Id love a few more tips like this if anyone has any going. I'm arriving quite early in the week so I may actually have time to check out some decent food options instead of my usual three day diet of beer and festival food!

Here is the tips I've posted earlier here. Hope this helps:

The ones I have booked this year is:
- Disfrutar: been here twice, one of the best in the world.
- Direkte: never visited
- Lasarte: never visited
- Alchemix: gastro pub/drink bar - never visited

Great place I've been before, that's still open (fuck covid):
- Cinc Sentis: gourmet
- Frankie Gallo Cha Cha Cha: pizza place, close to the Apolo venue
- Fismuler: casual gourmet
- Ten's: tapas
- Bar Brutal: wine bar and great courses to share
- Teòric: tapas
- Auto Rosellon: tapas

Cheap eats:
- Taco Alto: decent tacos, and have several locations

- Little Fern: great breakfast/brunch place
- Black Lab: gastro/burger and craft beer
- Tlaxcal: another tacos place
- Three Marks Coffee: breakfast/brunch place with great coffee
- Parking Pizza: not been here, but it's on my list for this year

Edited by Martin_89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Kacey Musgraves has now also disappeared from the Lollapalooza Stockholm lineup for early July, so I'd be surprised if she's still doing this.

She's just added a show in Paris for the end of June with tickets going on sale this week, so its obviously not the whole tour getting pulled. Who knows what's happening with that one (not that anyone would tell us!) 

1 hour ago, Float said:

It looks like Phoenix have dropped back off the Poble Espanyol listings for June 8th.

Could have sworn I saw their name with Khruangbin earlier today??

It's on. It's off. It's on etc.

They are still showing on their artist page as playing PE on the 8th but god knows at this stage.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Hasn't crossed over in over a decade already, so can't see them realistically becoming a bigger name.

True, most of MA's songs (Angel, Unfinished Sympathy etc) can also be a little claustrophobic but they are much more accessible all the same and many of Iosonouncane's songs are in Italian and French which limits their wider appeal.

I was being hyperbolic! of course he's not going to get that kind of appeal but since most of the non-italian festivalgoers might not have heard about his last 2 hrs, very radiohead-adjacent sounding album I think it's worth a listen anyway 

Only 27 working days until PS and no lineup specific news since January. Still need to hear about Bits, Pro, Hidden, Ciutat tickets, official app, schedules, food, wristband collection, smaller stages (Rayban tent, OCB, A Casa Teva), some new gimmick (like the collectable cups in 2019) and probably a fair bit more I've forgotten.

I hope you are still on track, guys!

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Only 27 working days until PS and no lineup specific news since January. Still need to hear about Bits, Pro, Hidden, Ciutat tickets, official app, schedules, food, wristband collection, smaller stages (Rayban tent, OCB, A Casa Teva), some new gimmick (like the collectable cups in 2019) and probably a fair bit more I've forgotten.

I hope you are still on track, guys!

At this point I'm kind of assuming I'll turn up without knowing anything beyond what I do now!

23 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Presumably that's in the bowl? I reckon outdoors would be fine.

I am feeling quite confident about not getting it considering I had covid less than a month ago, so feels like I'm probably good for a bit? Or am I being deluded?

Depends, how many times have you had it? Friend of a friend got two different strains in a fortnight!

9 hours ago, frankburns said:

Wednesday's Poble Espanyol line-up is: Phoenix - Khruangbin - Magdalena Bay - Pom Pom Squad

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/2-weekends-programme-202x2

Seems like the organiseres are still looking for a location for Ride...

Ah. Pom Pom Squad is on my list to see. Unfortunately, I was excited to see Magdalena Bay at SXSW, but they were really not very good live. The album is much better. A bunch of people left after their set and the band following them was far better.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And comically, Phoenix are back on again! They're surely trolling us now...

How strange! 
I also notice that Chet Faker has now been moved from the Jorja/Beak gig at  Sala Apolo on June 7th, back to his original place at the Interpol gig on June 8th. 

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And comically, Phoenix are back on again! They're surely trolling us now...

Honestly, this is probably just some backend-frontend webdesign issue. Noone outside this forum checks the website regularly before being told so by a social Media post.

Everything thats necessary to know (Timetable, midweek tix, Hidden stage) could easily be announced within a week. 

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Honestly, this is probably just some backend-frontend webdesign issue. Noone outside this forum checks the website regularly before being told so by a social Media post.

Everything thats necessary to know (Timetable, midweek tix, Hidden stage) could easily be announced within a week. 

Yeah I wasn't being serious on the former...

On the latter you're right. But it's not the comms itself that is time consuming, it's the planning. And if they haven't done almost all the planning by now, they're leaving it right to the wire.