Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

14 minutes ago, frankburns said:

Wednesday's Poble Espanyol line-up is: Phoenix - Khruangbin - Magdalena Bay - Pom Pom Squad

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/2-weekends-programme-202x2

Seems like the organiseres are still looking for a location for Ride...

Damn, choosing between this and the PC music thing is gonna be a tough one. Guess I’ll wait and see how the clashes pan out and how this whole weekday gig thing works out and decide then. 

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Very nice. Am I right in thinking the Poble Espanyol gigs will likely be on a bit earlier, and so less likely to clash with anything? Could have sworn I read that somewhere...

In 2011 the shows at Poble Espanyol (Wednesday and Sunday) started at 17:00 and ended at midnight (or a bit earlier).

• Upvote 1

Couple of small things I have noticed on the website:

Amaarae is on the poster for the Thursday 1st Weekend but is listed in the artists page as playing on the Friday 2nd Weekend.

Special Request is on the poster for the Saturday 2nd Weekend but is listed in the artists page as playing on the Friday 2nd Weekend.

Tokischa is still listed on the poster but has disappeared from the artists page.

Alanaire is currently only on the poster for the midweek gigs but on the artists page is also playing on Saturday 2nd Weekend.

• Upvote 1

Maybe for smaller acts, if they can't make lets say one day it makes more sense to move them to another day while they're still setting up the clashfinder?

As for Massive Attack I reckon we won't get anyone and they'll bump up someone like Charli XCX on Weekend 1 to a headline slot.

6 minutes ago, fools_gold said:

Maybe for smaller acts, if they can't make lets say one day it makes more sense to move them to another day while they're still setting up the clashfinder?

As for Massive Attack I reckon we won't get anyone and they'll bump up someone like Charli XCX on Weekend 1 to a headline slot.

They’ll replace MA, I’m sure of it.

Little side track, but since people have asked for food tips here before, I have two "breaking" news in gourmet world in Barcelona.
1. Come - opened last week. It's the chef behind Hoja Santa that closed during Covid times. New name, but same dude and same location. Hoja Santa was one of my favorite places in Barcelona. From 20-35 dishes with top notch mexican food, and pretty cheap for the food you get. The new restaurant will have the same kind of concept. Got me a table for lunch 2th of June (I'm fully booked for evenings already haha). They are open wednesday - saturday, both lunch and dinner.
2. Enigma - Finally they are opening again, on 7th of June. Follow their Instagram profile to get info for when you can book a table. This is much more expensive than Come, but a very unique experience. You are walking around is different rooms with different themes. Don't want to spoil too much of it. This is the place to go if like to challenge yourself in the food world, so it's not for everybody. I've been there one time, and we got served a rabbit brain (VERY GOOD) and see-through bread (wtf) for example, and 30 dishes more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

If we're talking covid... The Lemonheads (which I really like) are playing my city (indoor club of roughly 1000 people) 10 days before Primavera. Really want to go, but also really afraid to get Covid and end up missing PS.

Am I being hysterical or is it a legit reason to miss out on a concert? lol

My last concert will be at May 6th and I've already recovered and still affraid of, so I'll skip it.

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

Little side track, but since people have asked for food tips here before, I have two "breaking" news in gourmet world in Barcelona.
1. Come - opened last week. It's the chef behind Hoja Santa that closed during Covid times. New name, but same dude and same location. Hoja Santa was one of my favorite places in Barcelona. From 20-35 dishes with top notch mexican food, and pretty cheap for the food you get. The new restaurant will have the same kind of concept. Got me a table for lunch 2th of June (I'm fully booked for evenings already haha). They are open wednesday - saturday, both lunch and dinner.
2. Enigma - Finally they are opening again, on 7th of June. Follow their Instagram profile to get info for when you can book a table. This is much more expensive than Come, but a very unique experience. You are walking around is different rooms with different themes. Don't want to spoil too much of it. This is the place to go if like to challenge yourself in the food world, so it's not for everybody. I've been there one time, and we got served a rabbit brain (VERY GOOD) and see-through bread (wtf) for example, and 30 dishes more. 

Where can I book for Enigma??

Shame they have not confirmed any price / menu for Come as i would be very interested! I can see its 35 euro deposit which is fine but without full menu price hard to commit

enigma would be a dream but probably a once in a lifetime kind of experience and price most likely

Edited by Memory Man

35 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Kacey Musgraves has now also disappeared from the Lollapalooza Stockholm lineup for early July, so I'd be surprised if she's still doing this.

Missing from Pinkpop although her site still has it up, with links to buy tickets.

This stuff is getting criminal at this point. How hard can it possibly be to update a god damn website or make a quick announcement about shows? 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Missing from Pinkpop although her site still has it up, with links to buy tickets.

This stuff is getting criminal at this point. How hard can it possibly be to update a god damn website or make a quick announcement about shows? 

It's been a week since she dropped out. Perhaps within the acceptable margin of error (plus not a headliner so slightly more forgivable)?

At the other extreme, Mad Cool knew that Queens of the Stone Ages had dropped out as a headliner in *January*. Here we are almost in May and they're still spinning the lie that they will be there and selling tickets accordingly.

That's fraud in my book.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Still in doubt for Sky since her album is not out yet.

The same for Slowdive.

There's been a teaser for Sky this month from her record label so something is definitely happening.

Slowdive I would imagine may play some new ones, but they never committed to releasing anything - recent interviews have been like, we hope it'd be out by the festivals but who knows, it takes as long as it takes.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It's been a week since she dropped out. Perhaps within the acceptable margin of error (plus not a headliner so slightly more forgivable)?

At the other extreme, Mad Cool knew that Queens of the Stone Ages had dropped out as a headliner in *January*. Here we are almost in May and they're still spinning the lie that they will be there and selling tickets accordingly.

That's fraud in my book.

I dunno, if she knows for a fact she's not playing they should update her website to not sell tickets to that event, which would take them minutes to do. Same for a Tweet.

Mad Cool at this point, you have to laugh, we know they'll get away with it because it'll sell out regardless but it's insulting how long they've gone on pretending QOTSA are playing - that, or we'll look very silly when they DO show up 😅

• Upvote 1

Day One of the first weekend is looking very poor to me (and that’s before the Kacey Musgraves and Tokischa drop-outs). Sincerely hope we get some additions as that will personally feel like a bit of a damp squib to kick off the next 11 days…

On the otherhand, Kacey Musgraves is still selling tickets for the London show on the same tour and it even looks like a Paris show was just announced with tickets on sale this week. She is still listed on Roskilde, Glastonbury and Werchter websites, so who knows!