Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Tbh considering AF already did the whole secret set thing last time it was probably a bit of a stretch to think they were just gonna do it again. I know they seem to have a good relationship with the festival, but I think that’ll just result in them headlining on most album cycles rather than getting in secret set after secret set, so I’d 100% expect them to headline next year.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

With six weeks to go until W1, I'd imagine we must be due some information of some description soon? Realistically, what's left to announce?

Stage splits? 

Timings?

Map?

Partners? (Estrella, etc)

Replacement for MA? 

Forgive me, this is my first Prima, so I'm not sure how it's worked in the past.

...and some confirmations for the "Hidden Stage" (if there will be one).

And some details about the ciutat-concerts of Ride and Phoenix.

28 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

With six weeks to go until W1, I'd imagine we must be due some information of some description soon? Realistically, what's left to announce?

Stage splits? 

Timings?

Map?

Partners? (Estrella, etc)

Replacement for MA? 

Forgive me, this is my first Prima, so I'm not sure how it's worked in the past.

stage split wont be for another 2 - 3 weeks

Primavera sending out a questionnaire this morning asking “what would you do if one of your group couldn’t make the event?” and “is your accommodation modifiable?” and “will you go to Primavera 2023 in Madrid?” isn’t filling me with hope.....

5 minutes ago, chemica said:

Primavera sending out a questionnaire this morning asking “what would you do if one of your group couldn’t make the event?” and “is your accommodation modifiable?” and “will you go to Primavera 2023 in Madrid?” isn’t filling me with hope.....

I haven't received this.

But I haven't received any emails from Primavera for about a year. I've emailed Dice to ask if I should be concerned that I don't receive anything from them but didn't get a helpful response.

52 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I haven't received this.

But I haven't received any emails from Primavera for about a year. I've emailed Dice to ask if I should be concerned that I don't receive anything from them but didn't get a helpful response.

Link to questionnaire. 

https://emop.imop.es/survey/index/sid/962229/token/C080464/lang/es/newtest/Y

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

In 20+ years of attending festivals around the world, I think, pound-for-pound, Primavera are by far the worst for communication and providing clear information.

Just beaten by Mad Cool, who STILL haven't announced that QOTSA aren't gonna be there. 

That said it would be hilarious at this point if Mad Cool is the one gig QOTSA do end up playing. 

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

In 20+ years of attending festivals around the world, I think, pound-for-pound, Primavera are by far the worst for communication and providing clear information.

I can confirm that Mad Cool are without doubt in a whole different stratosphere of awfulness.

I like Primavera’s communication but I recognise that I’m in a minority.

Not reading too much into that survey.. but I think it’s a little odd that there are like no sponsors listed on the website and some of the information- especially the Poble Espanyol shows- feel like we don’t have the full picture.. maybe just jaded since we’ve been through two years of cancellations..  I’ve never actually been but I thought from reading what others were saying on here that Poble Espanyol isn’t really a venue they’d book just to have two bands a night play.. seems like we should have more acts confirmed? It also seems like we have overall less acts this year- maybe that just means fewer stages but I would have expected more confirmations of smaller acts at this point. Maybe just can chalk it up to the usual poor communication 

35 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Anybody staying near the Camp Nou? Just want to be sure transport links will still be alright getting back to our hotel in the early hours. Cheers

Staying near Sants station just down the road and expecting it to be a trek. Just gonna get the shuttle bus then walk from there. 

48 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Anybody staying near the Camp Nou? Just want to be sure transport links will still be alright getting back to our hotel in the early hours. Cheers

Would specify what "the early hours" means, headliners are off at 2/3am depending how you classify headliners but acts are on until 6am. Prima is weird, there's still big names after the biggest names and they're not necessarily all dance either

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Barcelona has a good night bus network.  If you Google “Nitbus Barcelona” you’ll see the AMB website with routes and timetables.  There are normally around 3 night buses per hour on most routes and they mostly go from Plaça de Catalunya. 
You can plan your route on Google maps as well. 

Edited by username666

18 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Would specify what "the early hours" means, headliners are off at 2/3am depending how you classify headliners but acts are on until 6am. Prima is weird, there's still big names after the biggest names and they're not necessarily all dance either

Yeah was thinking around 3ish after the headliners finish. Presume if you're leaving the festival around 6 then you should be alright as that's when public transport typically starts for the day

8 minutes ago, username666 said:

Barcelona has a good night bus network.  If you Google “Nitbus Barcelona” you’ll see the AMB website with routes and timetables.  There are normally around 3 night buses per hour on most routes and they mostly go from Plaça de Catalunya. 
You can plan your route on Google maps as well. 

Spot on - cheers mate

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Google Maps is decent enough for giving you a general idea if you change the settings to your departure time & public transport. I would use CityMapper when there though.

Best options looks like 2 nightbuses, taking just over an hour journey to the Nou Camp area.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Parc+del+Fòrum,+Carrer+de+la+Pau,+12,+08930+Sant+Adrià+de+Besòs,+Barcelona,+Spain/Camp+Nou,+Carrer+d'Arístides+Maillol,+Barcelona,+Spain/@41.3954648,2.1007012,12z/am=t/data=!3m1!5s0x12a4a4aaffc066a5:0x38da9f27a74c999a!4m19!4m18!1m5!1m1!1s0x12a4a3570b2f21c5:0xe64ccf62dc44a7ed!2m2!1d2.2246577!2d41.4114594!1m5!1m1!1s0x12a498f576297baf:0x44f65330fe1b04b9!2m2!1d2.1228198!2d41.380896!2m3!6e0!7e2!8j1650510000!3e3!5i2

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

I would recommend the Citymapper app. I've used it everything when I'm in Barcelona (also works for many other cites). It's easy and give so many options to get from A to B, and have never give me wrong information.

Nice, it's my go-to in London!