Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

52 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Was about 6-15 Euros for different things at the last festival, though I imagine that'll have gone up this year. It's pretty easy to spend about 30 Euros a day on food there if you're there from early. I always just have a big lunch somewhere in the city and then a couple of snack things when I'm passing the food court in the evening.

There is places that are amazing in terms of value (a giant 6€ Saitan Sandwich/ 7€ Ramen) and overpriced bs (12€ "Poke Bowl" that was just some greens on rice).

Compared to what I'm used to, vegetarian/vegan options where often quite pricey. 

10 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Does the shuttle to Placa Catalunya make any other stops before there or just straight through? Staying in the Poblenou area for the first week, it doesn't look too far a walk but depends how far my legs can carry me early hours of the morning 😅

Get the tram down Diagonal a couple of stops to get you as close as possible. Almost certainly less than 10 mins brisk walk from that point.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Interesting, each time I grabbed the shuttle back to Playa Catalunya, there was no line at all. Though maybe this was because we left after 4am.

I don’t think I’ve ever had to queue for the shuttle bus back either and that’s normally with leaving during or after the last Mordor/Ray-Ban acts. The only time I recall queuing was for the metro on the Saturday when it runs overnight. 

I usually stay in the Gothic quarter and never had any issues getting back there after the shuttle bus. The bus itself doesn’t take too long and then it’s a fairly short walk from Playa Catalunya.

15 minutes ago, Ven said:

I can see Mac de Marco and Erykah Badu, and Future and Fka twigs on the new Primavera sound Instagram post. Trying to zoom in to see if any more new names exist. 

The one with the cup? If so, I think that's just the 2019 lineup. I'm not expecting her at all since she has no other dates but I wouldn't complain if we somehow got FKA twigs as the Massive Attack replacement.

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

Get the tram down Diagonal a couple of stops to get you as close as possible. Almost certainly less than 10 mins brisk walk from that point.

Tram doesnt start till 5am either (like the metro) according to the online timetable. Or do they do 24 hours during primavera?

I can probably stay out till 5 but not sure some of my group will! 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Tram doesnt start till 5am either (like the metro) according to the online timetable. Or do they do 24 hours during primavera?

I can probably stay out till 5 but not sure some of my group will! 

Tram down Diagonal to Glories is 24 hours. Can’t remember ever waiting for one.

Yeah, if you’ve turned up early to the forum and are the wrong side of 30, it’s very easy to suddenly hit a wall at 3 or 4am and your body wants to call it a day.

Would recommend ‘practicing’ going to bed later in the days before.

My top tip is to have a little power nap in the auditori early on (probably best not when Swans are playing).

Just had a look at our metro route and my a sheer stroke of luck (no planning involved), we're three stops away from El Maresme-Forum on L4. Ok, the metro doesn't run 24h every day but it'll take the sting out of the travel. We'll probably walk back when the metro isn't running, it's all part of the adventure

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My top tip is to have a little power nap in the auditori early on (probably best not when Swans are playing).

Gave me a small heart attack there, thought Swans were on this year. 

I've a feeling we're gonna see some big acts running until close. Electronic, sure, but if it's the likes of DJ Shadow, Jamie XX and Disclosure all playing late, that's huge. 

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm 28 and I honestly have no idea how i am going to survive this.

Also I'll go right into a new  job when I'm back from PS. RIP Me 

When are you planning on starting a day? We're just gonna get there at like 7pm and then it's really no different from any other festival, just on weird Spaniard siesta time. Suppose it really depends on that schedule dropping. 

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm 28 and I honestly have no idea how i am going to survive this.

Also I'll go right into a new  job when I'm back from PS. RIP Me 

Haha, I've got more than 10 years on you! A while ago I accepted my limits with regards to all-nighters, though. I'm happy if I make it to 2am these days! That said, with Primavera starting that much later in the day and the chance to sleep in a real bed I should hopefully have more stamina than I do at Glastonbury, when I'm on dead on my feet by midnight usually. 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Gave me a small heart attack there, thought Swans were on this year. 

I've a feeling we're gonna see some big acts running until close. Electronic, sure, but if it's the likes of DJ Shadow, Jamie XX and Disclosure all playing late, that's huge. 

When are you planning on starting a day? We're just gonna get there at like 7pm and then it's really no different from any other festival, just on weird Spaniard siesta time. Suppose it really depends on that schedule dropping. 

I usually get there around 5ish, always fun to see the less crowded early shows