Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, branvan said:

Hi! I have a VIP Ticket for Weekend 1+2 but I can't attend Weekend 2 anymore. I asked Primavera to put Weekend 2 on the waiting list but they said the Ticket can't be split.... Is anybody with a VIP-Weekend 1 Ticket looking for a VIP-Weekend 1+2 Ticket? Then we could do this with send to a friend on the DICE App... 

Ahh the same.

I asked them for merging my tickets and they can't do this.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Last Primavera they added 13 names at about this name as a new hip hop stage.

We also got 18 new Hidden Stage names coming soon (last time these were out on 9 May, which is in less than 4 weeks). Presumably will be double the number of Hidden Stage bands this year.

Was Little Simz too apparently. From introducing to tier 2 in no time at all! 

14 minutes ago, Marvelous_Slut said:

What's public transport like at the early hours of the morning in Barcelona? Most affordable place we could book was in the Gothic Quarter which is like 5 miles from the festival site! 

Metro runs all through the night in Barca, won't be an issue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, Marvelous_Slut said:

What's public transport like at the early hours of the morning in Barcelona? Most affordable place we could book was in the Gothic Quarter which is like 5 miles from the festival site! 

5kms maybe, it’s not 5 miles and you can take the shuttle to pl catalunya and walk from there.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Metro runs all through the night in Barca, won't be an issue. 

Thats not true at all. Thursday night into friday it closes at midnight and reopens at 5am

friday night into saturday it closes at 2am and reopens at 5am

saturday night into sunday it is 24 hours

so you need to stay out till 5am to make the metro. If you want to leave at 3am you need to take a shuttle bus or walk if you are close enough. Taxi’s / ubers are massively over subscribed and cannot in my experience be relied upon

one of the worst things about primavera is leaving the site. Our accom is 25 mins walk away and i suspect we will just bite the bullet and walk it even though we will be insanely tired. This is why all the accom close to the site is booked up / hugely expensive quite far in advance.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

The best bet in my experience is to get a hotel somewhere on the route of the T4 tram which means it’s easy and quick to get there and back any time.

From the site it goes down Avenida Diagonal all the way to Glories (gherkin tower) then turns left and down Marina towards Parc Ciutadella (near Vila Olimpica and not too far from Borne district).

Edited by xxialac

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The best bet in my experience is to get a hotel somewhere on the route of the T4 tram which means it’s easy and quick to get there and back any time.

From the site it goes down Avenida Diagonal all the way to Glories (gherkin tower) then turns left and down Marina towards Parc Ciutadella (near Vila Olimpica and not too far from Borne district).

What about N7 bus line departing from Diagonal Mar bus stop? Are these buses easy to get late at night? I'm staying approx. 1.5 km from Plaça de Catalunya and Google Maps shows it's the best way to get from the festival.

Yeah getting back at night is a bit of a nightmare, especially friday/saturday. First time we've been there we stayed near Plaza Catalunya, there were shuttles from the festivals but we had to wait like an hour in line (at 3am) and then the bus was in a way I literally couldn't move my hand. Next time I went (and this year too) i just got an airbnb within a walking distance. Of course, the price was maybe 3 times the price of the same Airbnb in a "norma" week, but still worth it IMO. Probably too late to book now.

Edited by yaniv297

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Okay sure, couple hours while the festival is still going where the Metro isn't running. Assuming you can find something to watch across 10 stages you can leave on time and catch the Metro, otherwise it'll be a bus/cab.

Bit prickly as the response to the original false assertion was a fair one.

Besides there aren’t 10 stages operational at 3am. And in addition not many people have the staying power to be awake and up all the way until the first metro - the crowd is way smaller by then for a reason.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Besides there aren’t 10 stages operational at 3am. And in addition not many people have the staying power to be awake and up all the way until the first metro - the crowd is way smaller by then for a reason.

Nah I was wrong, I can't edit or delete the original so I reported it.

My response would've been different if it wasn't Primavera, it's not like the headliners are the closing acts with nothing but dance tents afterwards. But yes, if you just want to see the headliners you can't metro it thu/fri. 

44 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Yeah getting back at night is a bit of a nightmare, especially friday/saturday. First time we've been there we stayed near Plaza Catalunya, there were shuttles from the festivals but we had to wait like an hour in line (at 3am) and then the bus was in a way I literally couldn't move my hand. Next time I went (and this year too) i just got an airbnb within a walking distance. Of course, the price was maybe 3 times the price of the same Airbnb in a "norma" week, but still worth it IMO. Probably too late to book now.

Interesting, each time I grabbed the shuttle back to Playa Catalunya, there was no line at all. Though maybe this was because we left after 4am.

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My apologies. Actually think there are about 10 stages at 3am, albeit overwhelmingly dance stuff.

54 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Is there a usually a food lineup type of thing announced before too? Seem to remember that happening a few years back. Also has anyone got any ideas of the prices of what a standard meal is inside?

Was about 6-15 Euros for different things at the last festival, though I imagine that'll have gone up this year. It's pretty easy to spend about 30 Euros a day on food there if you're there from early. I always just have a big lunch somewhere in the city and then a couple of snack things when I'm passing the food court in the evening.

Edited by jannybruck