Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Because they are not going to bust one of the 2023 headliners who might even can't tour properly this year on a year already sold out. Bands don't hop on a tour on a 2 months notice if they haven't been prepping and rehearsing for their own tour and those who already are on tour this year probably booked their dates last year so logistics are already sorted out.

Coachella literally replaced Kanye with an artist who purposely appeared on the poster as a special guest with no clue about what day they were playing and now they threw The Weeknd in to play some songs since he's preparing his stadium tour and will benefit from the buzz of that performance.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Because they are not going to bust one of the 2023 headliners who might even can't tour properly this year on a year already sold out. Bands don't hop on a tour on a 2 months notice if they haven't been prepping and rehearsing for their own tour and those who already are on tour this year probably booked their dates last year so logistics are already sorted out.

Coachella literally replaced Kanye with an artist who purposely appeared on the poster as a special guest with no clue about what day they were playing and now they threw The Weeknd in to play some songs since he's preparing his stadium tour and will benefit from the buzz of that performance.

Ok,let me dream😉

Maybe they’ve been practicing since Massive Attack pulled out. It definitely feels like it takes heaven and earth to bring the band back together - I get the impression that they are a perfectionist band, and perhaps in the course of making new music (here’s hoping), they’ve rediscovered their love of playing with each other. A man can only dream. 

46 minutes ago, Nesser said:

• Thanks 1

Sure, we all can dream, but when a band that haven't toured since 2015* doesn't replace Massive Attack out of nowhere we shouldn't get too sad.

*Funnily enough setlist.fm shows that their last show was a Benicassim '15. Have to say it was absolutely mindblowing once again.

15 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, seems like a nice late-afternoon at Pitchfork or Adidas stage. Kind of like Dream Wife were in 19 (which was great)

Totally. Will be enhanced by being enjoyed in the blazing sun. They're probably too big already for Adidas with all the hype.

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Totally. Will be enhanced by being enjoyed in the blazing sun. They're probably too big already for Adidas with all the hype.

Adidas is the right stage for them imo. Don't forget Idles played there last time and they were further along by that point.

• Upvote 2

A lot of people shouting for Iggy Pop to be added to the lineup. Just be aware that the tour he is currently on is based on his latest album Free, a more jazz tingled package and not the traditional Iggy punk rock tour having us all throw our beers in the air. This set up could be great in the auditori though.

11 minutes ago, puckno said:

A lot of people shouting for Iggy Pop to be added to the lineup. Just be aware that the tour he is currently on is based on his latest album Free, a more jazz tingled package and not the traditional Iggy punk rock tour having us all throw our beers in the air. This set up could be great in the auditori though.

Just to say I made it to Barcelona the other week to see Fontaines D.C. at Razzmatazz and some lower leaague Catalan football. This even with the obvious handicap of a black brexit passport. I joined the "non-european" queue at Border Control at El Prat (ok on a late Saturday afternoon in March, who knows in more peak times). I had my passport stamped (yes, it really is like being back in the 1970's) and moved onto the health screening section - which consists of scanning your QR code from SpTH app or paper copy if you prefer. Simples !

Less than 8 weeks now. Wowzers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

Just to say I made it to Barcelona the other week to see Fontaines D.C. at Razzmatazz and some lower leaague Catalan football. This even with the obvious handicap of a black brexit passport. I joined the "non-european" queue at Border Control at El Prat (ok on a late Saturday afternoon in March, who knows in more peak times). I had my passport stamped (yes, it really is like being back in the 1970's) and moved onto the health screening section - which consists of scanning your QR code from SpTH app or paper copy if you prefer. Simples !

Less than 8 weeks now. Wowzers.

What's the SpTH app? Is that the same as the NHS app?

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What's the SpTH app? Is that the same as the NHS app?

SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.

Not clear if the NHS app is classed as an equivalent https://www.spth.gob.es/home

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.

Not clear if the NHS app is classed as an equivalent https://www.spth.gob.es/home

Ah okay, did not know this – thanks! I thought the NHS app was accepted.

Just now, kaytee... said:

Just had a look and looks like it is accepted as an EU pass https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/eu-gateway/

Will be my first time travelling abroad since 2019, all this new info has me stressing out 😅

Me too! I'm finding all the different things really confusing! Thanks for the above.

i believe it's all good now - the NHS app code is now accepted (provided you show the "for travel" QR code, not "domestic")

the spain site asks you to send your NHS code solely to check, but i did this yesterday and it will be accepted, the website assured me.

also - the forms are no longer needed - they ended this week.

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Just had a look and looks like it is accepted as an EU pass https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/eu-gateway/

Will be my first time travelling abroad since 2019, all this new info has me stressing out 😅

There's no need to be stressed.

True, there have been lots of restrictions and lots of travel paperwork in the last two years.

But it's all being removed (except a one second glance at the NHS vaccine pass at the airport) just in time for Primavera and the mood has changed in Barcelona just recently and is now much more casual about covid.

• Like 1

We did Lanzarote (which is basically Spain, right?!) back in October and it was fine, even with the additional forms at the time. Just read the current requirements properly, it's only a few bits of paper. We were worried at the time over nothing.

Roll on Prima! 

Someone please help a man out: 

simply too big as a replacement

Kendrick Lamar

ideal but  would be wasted in 2022 / not available
NIN, Sigur ros, Arcade fire, Portishead, LCD soundsystem, Rosalia

Same fanbase, similar profile but not available 
Bon Iver, Animal Collective, Chemical Brothers, Moderat, Kraftwerk, Pet Shop Boys, the Smile, 

Smaller, maybe available 

Mitski, Spiritualized, James Blake, Wilco, Interpol (wk1), YYY (wk1), Big Thief (wk1)

big, fits well, no idea if available

The Cure, Bjork, Grace Jones? 

Edited by Whos3000_