Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Do we think Autechre, The Caretaker and Jenny Hval will all play the auditori?

These are certains I rekcon but can't really see who else would go in there right now, maybe someone like Squarepusher or Weyes Blood. I'd hope they're keeping it a little bit flexible until they have a better idea of stuff like dropouts and replacements.

I also imagine lots of acts will still be in dialogue with the festival about the technical aspects of their live sets and where it might fit best aesthetically, as it was booked so long ago.

Gabi confirmed at the end of 2019 that Jenny Hval was slated to play at the auditori so the best guess is that she's still playing there. The Caretaker seems a no brainer and Autechre too but they may be too big for it. Besides, I remember reading something about the decibels they were asking to play at and there could be some issues with it so I'm not sure if they'll end up there.

Anyway, it seems the law enforcing to wear masks indoors here is going to be lifted gradually after Easter or even next week so if nothing wrong happens mask won't be necessary at all.

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Mavis Staples and Maria Del Mar Bonet are also auditori candidates in my opinion

Mavis would be amazing mid-afternoon in the sun so I really hope not! She does huge, joyful sets.

To be honest I feel like she's one of the strongest candidates to drop out given her age and the fact she may be reluctant to travel this summer, but I've got my fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Is Mitski a Massive Attack replacement option? She has a massive Primavera gap in her schedule and no Spain dates. 

honestly I don't think she can make the WE2 Vacancy although she's technically free. She's on the kick off date of Harry Styles Arena Tour the day after and such things typically require you be there a day in advance, since its the first time the production goes live.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

separate issue completely but as it stands, those who want to enter spain from abroad have to pre register their flight details and passport numbers online and then fill in a form either online or that gets emailed to you 2 days before travel.

might not be required in 8 weeks or whatever, but worth a pre register to get the forms, if you're that way inclined

available here: www.spth.gob.es

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

separate issue completely but as it stands, those who want to enter spain from abroad have to pre register their flight details and passport numbers online and then fill in a form either online or that gets emailed to you 2 days before travel.

might not be required in 8 weeks or whatever, but worth a pre register to get the forms, if you're that way inclined

Thats good to know, thank you! 

Worth noting, yes.

In my experience, the form is much easier to fill out than e.g. the old UK one and it spits out a QR code which gets quickly and efficiently scanned in the baggage collection area.

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Worth noting, yes.

In my experience, the form is much easier to fill out than e.g. the old UK one and it spits out a QR code which gets quickly and efficiently scanned in the baggage collection area.

Heading to Bilbao tomorrow for a few days.

Only issue I had with the form, was the Region names staying in Spanish while the rest of the form was in English ... Most were obvious, but then I had to google the regions I didn't know to find out that 'Pais Vasco' is what I needed for Basque Country.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like BCNR will play brand new songs only.

I remember in one of their interviews they said they won't play Issac's songs without him, so yeah, probably.

A shame since their last album was really good, and I was really looking forward to hearing "Sunglasses" live since they were announced in 2019.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like BCNR will play brand new songs only.

Yeah they confirmed this when Issac left. Makes them a less essential watch for me, but I’ll definitely check them out if they’re clash free (which, of course, won’t be the case, so suppose I’ll see em another time).

11 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Something bizarre about them basically being a new band, with totally new untested material, and still getting the same booked slots as their previous incarnation. Even saying as a fan I'm not sure how I feel about it really.

Their first gig back is a couple of weeks before the fest so will be interesting to hear how the audience receives the new songs. They've actually been booked since his departure to headline festivals this year, which seems a bit more contentious.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

God I'm nervous about the 2nd, even without Massive Attack I have a sinking feeling that Dinosaur Jr. are gonna clash with Tame Impala. 

Yeah I’d be gutted to miss Dinosaur Jr but their day is heaving with stuff I want to see so I’m very much expecting it.

2 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

Spain removed this requirement today, so no need to register, just have Corona pass.

Edited by Martin_89

15 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Spain removed this requirement today, so no need to register, just have Corona pass.

ah i was hooping for this news, although not so immediately - cool - although will a UK covid pass work in spain?

Edited by Ohjesus

ah i was hooping for this news, although not so immediately - cool - although will a UK covid pass work in spain?

Yes, works across EU now, just came back off holiday from a couple of places. Though I think lots of countries will be dropping it completely in the coming months to ensure they get a huge tourist season, so who knows if it'll still be much of a thing by then.