Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

genuine question - what exactly is the point of paying through the app? do you save on exchange rates or something? if i'm using a phone to pay for something, i might as well use applepay right?

i mean, once my credit has run out of course...

Presumably you can be stood watching a band, pop your order in on your phone and pay for it, then just nip out and pick it up. Which seems pretty good. 

Of course that assumes a perfect world with no queues at the collection point. Which there obviously will be. 

2 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

genuine question - what exactly is the point of paying through the app? do you save on exchange rates or something? if i'm using a phone to pay for something, i might as well use applepay right?

On their side, they can make some profits on short term investments (unlikely) or solve any liquidity issue may arise (more likely), by asking the people to put funds in their app/bracelets in advance. Also, it can be part of the agreements with the financial institution that provide the funding for the festival.

On the user side, unless they connect the app with the bracelets (allowing to move funds instantly from the app to the tied bracelet and by this, avoiding to go the ATM or whatever), it is not really interesting.

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before! It’s my first time at primavera this year (so bloody excited). Just wondering when the line up split tends to get released so that you can start to consider clashes. 
The line up is unreal, I think some tough decisions are going to have to be made!

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Spiritdesire said:

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before! It’s my first time at primavera this year (so bloody excited). Just wondering when the line up split tends to get released so that you can start to consider clashes. 
The line up is unreal, I think some tough decisions are going to have to be made!

Cheers 

Normally about a month before the festival, but I think they said on Twitter its gonna be approximately 2 Weeks before the first Weekend.

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Normally about a month before the festival, but I think they said on Twitter its gonna be approximately 2 Weeks before the first Weekend.

Thank you! It’s the first weekend I’m going to. 
Going to glasto too so if there’s any playing both that should help with decisions 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

Genuinely there are no advantages, albeit perhaps it will be the only way of spending the credit we are getting for carrying forward our tickets.

6 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Just got my W2 ticket on AccessTicket and it says the ticket is “from 6th June”. Does this mean Weekend 2 ticket holders don’t have access to the ciutat shows on the 5th? Was really looking forward to Little Simz, Beck and Disclosure

from the PS website:

Weekend 2 gives you access to: 

- Primavera a la ciutat: 5th-8th June 

- Weekend 2: 9th-11th June 

- Brunch-on the Beach: 12th June

2 minutes ago, jotayks said:

I'm sorry for asking this, because I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but, what should I do if I want to transfer a ticket to a friend?

Use "Transfer ticket" option in the app and put in the friend's email address (beware of typos!). The ticket will be removed from your app and your friend can activate it in his phone by using the link he will receive via email.

After activating both tickets I have bought, I realized that having them on separete phones could be more practical, so I I used this "Transfer ticket" option and it was all very quick and easy.

• Thanks 1

I wonder how many covid cancellations we will get? Definitely a fair few happening at the moment and hard to know how bad it is with fewer tests being done.

Overall am hopeful by June that numbers will be falling again but hard to believe it won't take out an act or two.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I wonder how many covid cancellations we will get? Definitely a fair few happening at the moment and hard to know how bad it is with fewer tests being done.

Overall am hopeful by June that numbers will be falling again but hard to believe it won't take out an act or two.

Yeah I think it’s fair to expect a few last minute dropouts across both weekends, but fingers crossed it won’t take out anybody major.

Tbh I keep getting the fear that I’m finally gonna get struck with it immediately before going to Barcelona and it fucking up my festival.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think it’s fair to expect a few last minute dropouts across both weekends, but fingers crossed it won’t take out anybody major.

Tbh I keep getting the fear that I’m finally gonna get struck with it immediately before going to Barcelona and it fucking up my festival.

I've had this worry too! Me and my partner have just had it (I'm still recovering) and there's no way I would have been up for a festival at the peak of the illness. Would be gutting. That said, I'm really hoping that having it in late March will buy me a decent amount of immunity for a month of two (although I keep hearing about people getting it again within six weeks...). Surely covid numbers have to drop down again at some point soon, especially with the warmer weather coming.

I had a look at his tour dates yesterday. First concert in Paris on the Saturday of W1 so maybe he's a late add for the Thursday or Friday (can't make it to W2). At this point I'd say they passed for 2022 and will bring him back next year with a new album since it isn't clear if he'll be touring This Old Dog again this year.

Edited by Nesser
  • Upvote 1