Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Shame about MA - don't know much of their stuff, but was looking forward to catching them live.

Would love Arcade Fire or NIN but, more realistically, would take Yeah Yeah Yeah's for weekend 1.  Maybe Interpol as well, though already planning seeing them on the Weds.

1 minute ago, Lubic87 said:

Shame about MA - don't know much of their stuff, but was looking forward to catching them live.

Would love Arcade Fire or NIN but, more realistically, would take Yeah Yeah Yeah's for weekend 1.  Maybe Interpol as well, though already planning seeing them on the Weds.

It is a real shame. Obviously the main thing is the recovery of the individual involved, but was looking forward to seeing them again - they absolutely smashed it at BST the other year.

Interpol and YYYs both seem very reasonable additions.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It is a real shame. Obviously the main thing is the recovery of the individual involved, but was looking forward to seeing them again - they absolutely smashed it at BST the other year.

Interpol and YYYs both seem very reasonable additions.

Interpol are definitely skippable live; not interested in seeing YYY so huge bummer for me; crazy that we have been waiting for festivals for 3 yrs and now there is shortage of exciting alternatives for a band that, despite being very high quality, hasn't released a new album in a decade   

The Killers? - bunch of shows in the UK throughout the fest dates. Probably not a “primavera” band though and their UK schedule is pretty full 

Arctic Monkeys? - not touring then but playing LA and have relationship with Primavera  

ASAP Rocky? - playing various summer fests and has played before 

anyone playing meltdown also seems possible- Grace Jones, Hot Chip.

20 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Dua Lipa is free on the 2nd and playing a show in Barcelona the day before. Would mean shows 3 days running but it’d be in Barca, Barca, Madrid (with her then playing Barca again the following week lol).

My dream replacement. Can't see it though. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Acts as big as AM, Tool, Dua Lipa really aren't going to sub in for a band smaller than all of them. 

The first two obvs won’t (I was joking with Tool) but with Dua Lipa already being booked for weekend 2 I don’t think it’s a massive stretch. I do agree that someone like Interpol or YYYs are more likely, however.

Interpol or YYYs would be decent but sadly doesn't plug the gap in weekend two – they're both meant to be playing sets on Thurs and Sat respectively anyway, so wouldn't double up to also play the Friday where Massive Attack were meant to be. So I think probably a fresh replacement is more likely when I look at it like that – it's a fairly weak day without that third headliner.

12f2f12a-3c8e-422c-9bf6-6e9d4d8b265c.png

Edited by jannybruck

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Interpol or YYYs would be decent but sadly doesn't plug the gap in weekend two – they're both meant to be playing sets on Thurs and Sat respectively anyway, so wouldn't double up to also play the Friday where Massive Attack were meant to be. So I think probably a fresh replacement is more likely when I look at it like that – it's a fairly weak day without that third headliner.

12f2f12a-3c8e-422c-9bf6-6e9d4d8b265c.png

Yeah, they’d have to do the same with an act from weekend 1 if they did that.

Honestly, they are gonna sub them probably, but the replacement will be nowhere near as big. There is hardly any room to maneuvre in this years festival market. Best bet would be a solution where 2 acts exclusive to WE or 2 respectively double up to both WE, but I only see Interpol being able to do that RN

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 hours ago, bobhoward said:

The Killers? - bunch of shows in the UK throughout the fest dates. Probably not a “primavera” band though and their UK schedule is pretty full 

Arctic Monkeys? - not touring then but playing LA and have relationship with Primavera  

ASAP Rocky? - playing various summer fests and has played before 

anyone playing meltdown also seems possible- Grace Jones, Hot Chip.

Good call. Grace Jones is possibly the most likely outside candidate I’d say.

Not too expensive, available and frankly is brilliant live - couldn’t be too many complaints.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, xxialac said:

Trains don’t run until 5am on any night. 

They run until 12pm on thu, 2pm on fri and all night on sat.

Personally I wouldn’t stay there. Nowhere is that far in Barcelona but it’s far enough away to be a pain getting back on thu and fri.

Unless you know you will stay out past 5am in which case it’s fine.

Genuine question, I've been 6 times and I only remember walking back into town once. I err usually have a pretty good time and am still at the forum round dawn on each day. Does the subway run from 5am on Friday and Saturday morning, and all through the night and morning on Sunday morning? 

Disappointed about Massive attack.  The "lots of headliners already" chat is a bit misleading as what the bill actually has is a bunch of "quite big but not massive" acts which probably don't rank above each other, meaning lots of names get "headliner" status. Also LOL-ing at the idea Arctic Monkeys, or Portishead, or Pulp, or Rosalia would scramble to put together a live show to replace Massive Attack... YYYs seems most likely, and would be good, don't know what other dates they have, pretty sure they have a few in England. I feel like Interpol follow me around so really hoping it's not them 🙂

24 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Genuine question, I've been 6 times and I only remember walking back into town once. I err usually have a pretty good time and am still at the forum round dawn on each day. Does the subway run from 5am on Friday and Saturday morning, and all through the night and morning on Sunday morning? 

https://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona/operating-hours-metro-bus

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, the wonderwhy said:

I think the most likely solution is they put one of YYYs, Phoenix or Interpol on weekend 1 and then Nick Cave (who's doing Porto on the 9th) adds in weekend 2. 

If Nick Cave is doing Porto on the 9th I'd say that rules him out of returning to Barcelona on the 10th.

Pheonix are playing in France then but YYYs & Interpol could be options for the W1.

4 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

If Nick Cave is doing Porto on the 9th I'd say that rules him out of returning to Barcelona on the 10th.

Pheonix are playing in France then but YYYs & Interpol could be options for the W1.

YYYs can be a good option for WE1

also St. Vincent is available on both weekends, can be a good fit, but might be Spanish exclusive for MadCool