Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

My memory’s pretty hazy on who he was even replacing (was it Frank?! or was that just Jamie xx?) but didn’t they get Skepta in ridiculously last minute in 2017? So surely can draft in somebody with two and a half months left, even if they’re not a total size like-for-like. Would be pretty shit if they didn’t tbh.

Yeah they flew him over last minute on a private jet lol. Plenty of time for them to find a replacement

Bjork orchestral greatest hits would be a lot better than the ‘well intentioned but musically a bit flat’ show she put on two Primaveras ago.

Pulp would be a fitting name for their 20th anniversary and Jarvis doesnt look to be doing many of his own gigs this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD would be great but aren’t they another one that’s tied up to an exclusivity deal somewhere? Obviously in such circumstances I’m sure talks could be had to change that (especially with Primavera being sold out) but I don’t see that happening unfortunately.

Would be delighted with Björk, LCD or YYYs but I'm not assuming there'll be any kind of replacement. Mind you I'm new to this festival.

15 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Super gutted about MA, one of the biggest on the bill for me, but obviously health takes priority, hope they get well soon. 

They've got 9 weeks to rope someone else in, surely they can manage that even if it's a "small" headliner? 

Holy shit 9 weeks! Starting to feel very real 

53 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Haven’t seen them mentioned yet but could Pixies be a possible replacement? They’ve got the entire first half of June free currently as far as I know, and I think they’d be an affordable name

I'm surprised they're not already there between all the other fests they're already playing, this seems like a very realistic possibility (except they'd be flying from America very early for 1 show so maybe not)

Edited by BenG92

LOL'ing a wee bit at the people that think the replacement for Massive Attack is gonna be someone big. Have seen people suggest the likes of Portishead, as if they're going to make their grand return to live perfomances by just being a replacement for someone else.

Bjork also seems unlikely - she's doing an orchestral tour so I can imagine the logistics for that might be even more difficult than just a band or whatever

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Aye, someone like Phoenix makes a lot more sense when they're already free and playing weekend 2 + ciutat 

1 minute ago, Martin_89 said:

Massive Attack were playing both weekends, so that will not make any sense.

They could take over the weekend one slot and a weekend one act could be added to weekend two?

Would be happy with Phoenix – something else a bit dancey on the bill. But honestly I'll be happy either way, just so bloody excited to be going to a proper festival for the first time in forever.