Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

There are plenty of larger acts around on the circuit this summer who would jump at the chance at this, but the festival don't really have any obligation to replace like-for-like.

I'm sad about the Massive Attack drop out but we were always expecting a changeable bill one way or another – either covid or for other reasons, as it was booked so far in advance.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I could also see the xx added as most of the members are there/playing multiple shows across the fest. 

The xx can't just put on a show out of nowhere. Romy is focusing on dj'ing and doesn't even pop up to sing Loud Places when Jamie is playing a live set and Oli (or Ollie?) has just started a solo career. No chance.

There’s certainly enough time for them to find a replacement, especially as Massive Attack we’re meant to do both weekends, but I suppose unlike other festivals with one headliner to replace, Primavera is already treating us with multiple headliners per night so could probably get away with a reshuffle. Hope not though. Not expecting anything like NIN, Rosalia or an act probably already lined up for next year, but a slightly smaller but still sizeable act drafted in doesn’t seem like too big an ask at this point. 

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Not sure I see any of these bumping up to be a headliner:

image.thumb.png.b1e5faa77e9267095c02adebf0fde113.png

They wouldn’t need to, though. They’ve already got two headliners on that day and Primavera often has a changing number of headliners per night (Sunday of weekend 2 has 5 headliners).

They can easily just shunt, say, Kacey Musgraves back a timeslot and not refer to her as a headliner. It’s not like Glasto or something where it’s clear that someone is playing as a headliner or a sub or whatever.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They wouldn’t need to, though. They’ve already got two headliners on that day and Primavera often has a changing number of headliners per night (Sunday of weekend 2 has 5 headliners).

They can easily just shunt, say, Kacey Musgraves back a timeslot and not refer to her as a headliner. It’s not like Glasto or something where it’s clear that someone is playing as a headliner or a sub or whatever.

That's right, although I can easily imagine Kacey Musgraves or Charli XCX pushed to the top line (I don´t think they are that much "smaller" than Megan Thee Stallion or Jorja Smith).