Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Except that the album is surely out this year and would be a bit of a tired booking by then.

Then again, they did this with Tame Impala etc.

They're also at no festivals anywhere this year - likely due to no space because of roll overs as @kingcrawler said. Don't think it'd be a particularly tired booking in my eyes. Can definitely see them at APE/Primavera/BKS.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Not to start another discussion but if the new album flops again I guess the band will have a hard time keeping their headliner status. Primavera can be a very fitting gig since the 5-or-9-big-names each day but we'll see what happens.

They'll be a headline at Primavera and most of Europe no problem I'd imagine. Its places like Glastonbury and BST they probably wont top the bill at again (All Points East is calling out for them anyway). 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

They'll be a headline at Primavera and most of Europe no problem I'd imagine. Its places like Glastonbury and BST they probably wont top the bill at again (All Points East is calling out for them anyway). 

They'll headline Primavera because they're booking several artists each day to headline. APE may be a good shout and BKS seems to have a soft spot for them but I can't really see them headlining +50k fests anymore unless they come back with a bang.

Finally managed to get hold of tickets for the first weekend, staying near Arc De Triomf. Flights get us into the city a couple of days early. Can anyone recommend bars / restaurants close to Arc De Triomf?

Sorry for turning this into Tripadvisor but it's our first visit to the city and the festival

Just spotted that Ride have their Poble Espanyol show down at 4pm (vs 7pm for their performance in the Forum)

Doesn't mean that Ride will play at 4pm as probably just indicative but does imply that the (outdoor) Poble Espanyol will take place early and before the other Ciutat gigs, which are in indoor venues.

Maybe 4pm-8pm approx, thus freeing you up to see more shows.

image.png.f15db52f851e7bb883d725edb2a28c8e.png

Edited by xxialac

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Just spotted that Ride have their Poble Espanyol show down at 4pm (vs 7pm for their performance in the Forum)

Doesn't mean that Ride will play at 4pm as probably just indicative but does imply that the (outdoor) Poble Espanyol will take place early and before the other Ciutat gigs, which are in indoor venues.

Maybe 4pm-8pm approx, thus freeing you up to see more shows.

image.png.f15db52f851e7bb883d725edb2a28c8e.png

But June 9 is the day of their Forum concert, not the Ciutat one (which is on June 8). And 4:00 p.m. is the time they open the Forum. So even though I like what you're implying, I don't see anything that would support it for now.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, pipan said:

But June 9 is the day of their Forum concert, not the Ciutat one (which is on June 8). And 4:00 p.m. is the time they open the Forum. So even though I like what you're implying, I don't see anything that would support it for now.

Oh, ha, messed that one right royally up. I assumed was the other way round.

They have got the Forum time opening correct so maybe the Poble Espanyol timing is not far off being right also. i.e. maybe the Poble Espanyol shows are more like 7pm-11pm...and will clash (damn).

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Finally managed to get hold of tickets for the first weekend, staying near Arc De Triomf. Flights get us into the city a couple of days early. Can anyone recommend bars / restaurants close to Arc De Triomf?

Sorry for turning this into Tripadvisor but it's our first visit to the city and the festival

Head into El Born just down from it where there's endless little bars and cafes to get lost in.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Oh, ha, messed that one right royally up. I assumed was the other way round.

They have got the Forum time opening correct so maybe the Poble Espanyol timing is not far off being right also. i.e. maybe the Poble Espanyol shows are more like 7pm-11pm...and will clash (damn).

For the rest of the tour there is one show in Germany, Traumzeit festival, that is specified as 12 pm. All other shows are 7 pm including a couple of other festival gigs, 7 pm might be a default time used when the schedule is not known. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

I feel slightly insane for even asking this....but another wave of omicron surely couldn't cancel anything right?? (everyone has been boosted etc by now)

A new tougher variant could kill it.

Feels like we are at about 90% confidence levels - as good as could be hoped for really. 

Still a bit unclear also if we’ll lose quite a lot of smaller US acts who have lost their nerve and are no longer touring.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A new tougher variant could kill it.

Feels like we are at about 90% confidence levels - as good as could be hoped for really. 

Still a bit unclear also if we’ll lose quite a lot of smaller US acts who have lost their nerve and are no longer touring.

I think we are just seeing omicron ba.2 or whatever. Until I saw there was an uptick today I kinda forgot covid existed due to Putin mentally terrorising the world.

To be honest, I think we've all become slightly insane after 2 years where plans kinda only exist theoretically. 

• Upvote 1

I've noticed they've updated the posters with some of the changes, such as Brockhampton pulling out and The Smile being added in. Little surprised they're only a second line act and not sharing the headlining 'slot' with other acts on the 10th June, since Phoenix are headlining on the 11th. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I've noticed they've updated the posters with some of the changes, such as Brockhampton pulling out and The Smile being added in. Little surprised they're only a second line act and not sharing the headlining 'slot' with other acts on the 10th June, since Phoenix are headlining on the 11th. 

Oh god, who else has quietly dropped out other than Brockhampton and Om? For sure, there's at least one...