Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

9 hours ago, gigi21 said:

My friends, tomorrow I'm finally leaving for a 8-shows tour with my band in France, Germany, Czech Republic and North of Italy.
It's happening.
Just wanted to share it with you.

See you in less than 3 months!

And US acts are coming to my country this weekend, finally!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Seen a couple of clash finders that have Disclosure playing at 4am on the Saturday, how realistic is this? Booking our return flight today and we have to be at the airport for 9am, just seeing how much sleep I'm not going to be having. 

My bet is that they are either closing Mordor (02:00-03:00ish) or playing the best Rayban time (03:00ish).

1 minute ago, WAILS said:

Does anyone remember the perks ticket holders from 2020 get for keeping their ticket? 

From memory it was something like € to spend on food/drink and some random stuff like a book and a t-shirt. Typically I can’t find anything online

From the mail we got from Primavera last month. The money can be different, since it's % of how much you paid for your ticket:
+ Bar credit available per ticket: 14,50 €
+ Special Edition Book per ticket
+ Special edition T-shirt per ticket

2 minutes ago, WAILS said:

Does anyone remember the perks ticket holders from 2020 get for keeping their ticket? 

From memory it was something like € to spend on food/drink and some random stuff like a book and a t-shirt. Typically I can’t find anything online

That’s exactly what it is. You’d have got an email to confirm your perks a around the beginning of last month. Have a search in your emails.

Credit not a lot but still generous to have it at all in a way.

Imagine they will give you a voucher to spend at the bar.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Seen a couple of clash finders that have Disclosure playing at 4am on the Saturday, how realistic is this? Booking our return flight today and we have to be at the airport for 9am, just seeing how much sleep I'm not going to be having. 

I can’t remember where it was from, something to do with an article about DJ Seinfeld I think, but it listed a few of the Ray-Ban stage closers, one of which was Disclosure. Mordor already looks pretty stacked that day so Disclosure playing a smaller stage makes sense, though I think they’ll play a live set at around 3-4am rather than the full on closing set which I think is usually a DJ 4-6am. Either way, I hope you have a pillow for the flight!

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That’s exactly what it is. You’d have got an email to confirm your perks a around the beginning of last month. Have a search in your emails.

Credit not a lot but still generous to have it at all in a way.

Imagine they will give you a voucher to spend at the bar.

Thanks xxialac and @Martin_89. Looks like I haven't been receiving emails from DICE since last year. Thankfully I've checked the app and I definitely have tickets for this year! Will send them an email to make sure I'm still getting comms

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, kingcrawler said:

I can’t remember where it was from, something to do with an article about DJ Seinfeld I think, but it listed a few of the Ray-Ban stage closers, one of which was Disclosure. Mordor already looks pretty stacked that day so Disclosure playing a smaller stage makes sense, though I think they’ll play a live set at around 3-4am rather than the full on closing set which I think is usually a DJ 4-6am. Either way, I hope you have a pillow for the flight!

If Disclosure are indeed playing at Ray-Ban, they're on at 3am. I don't doubt the info that appeared on that Dj Seinfeld post but their placement feels odd. Historically those 3am sets at Ray-Ban have been way too packed so putting one of the biggest closing acts of the weekend over there seems kind of ¿dangerous?. Anyway, if they end up playing at Mordor they'll be on at 2am so not much of a difference time wise.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Except that the album is surely out this year and would be a bit of a tired booking by then.

Then again, they did this with Tame Impala etc.

I think they'll headline next year. There isn't really space for a big festival tour this summer so maybe a tour later in the year and then onto festivals next summer seems more likely, a bit like what they did for Reflektor. 

Not to start another discussion but if the new album flops again I guess the band will have a hard time keeping their headliner status. Primavera can be a very fitting gig since the 5-or-9-big-names each day but we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1