Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Sorry if this is a pain but looking into hotels and stuff now - anyone stayed in Hostafrancs area before and been happy commuting to the festival and back? Looks like trains will run until 5am and its only 30 mins train away. Just trying to keep it cheap as possible? But if its a red flag area or trains don't actually running that late then please let me know

5 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Sorry if this is a pain but looking into hotels and stuff now - anyone stayed in Hostafrancs area before and been happy commuting to the festival and back? Looks like trains will run until 5am and its only 30 mins train away. Just trying to keep it cheap as possible? But if its a red flag area or trains don't actually running that late then please let me know

It's right in town and well connected, you won't have a problem. The metro only runs late on Fri/Sat but most people find a way back (walk/cab/bike/whatever) on the Thursday. Plenty of people will be staying further out than you.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

It's right in town and well connected, you won't have a problem. The metro only runs late on Fri/Sat but most people find a way back (walk/cab/bike/whatever) on the Thursday. Plenty of people will be staying further out than you.

thanks for the reply, really helpful! It looks like a cool place to stay and first time going so super excited

2 hours ago, RUMINE said:

Trains don’t run until 5am on any night. 

They run until 12pm on thu, 2pm on fri and all night on sat.

Personally I wouldn’t stay there. Nowhere is that far in Barcelona but it’s far enough away to be a pain getting back on thu and fri.

Unless you know you will stay out past 5am in which case it’s fine.

I can no longer go anymore as I've got a clash with a work trip abroad. I've currently got tickets for both weekends (through DICE). Does anyone know the best way to go about trying to resell or refund the tickets? 

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

I can no longer go anymore as I've got a clash with a work trip abroad. I've currently got tickets for both weekends (through DICE). Does anyone know the best way to go about trying to resell or refund the tickets? 

Just bring it back to waiting list.

5 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Yes I'm in a similar situation and also wondering this. I can see that DICE gives an option to release the ticket back into the waiting list as mentioned above, but I'm wondering if this route is significantly less likely to result in a successful resale than the "Send to a friend" option which is also listed. I guess it comes down to how high demand is for spare tickets - anyone have any further thoughts on this?

It took my partner a couple months to get offered her ticket via the app, I wouldn't worry about them not selling.

That said, she didn't take it because I just bought one off a dude on this board. Obviously that comes with the risks of selling things online so it's probably best to get a buyer to pay first, there's no guarantee that if you complain to Dice saying the buyer hasn't paid that they'll transfer the ticket back to the original account.

For anyone who has stayed at both do you generally like the Hilton or the Princess more? With primavera going on is it ever feasible to chill by either pool during the day or are they usually packed? Seems like the Princess is a tad closer, but looks like a smaller pool and less chairs. 

52 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

For anyone who has stayed at both do you generally like the Hilton or the Princess more? With primavera going on is it ever feasible to chill by either pool during the day or are they usually packed? Seems like the Princess is a tad closer, but looks like a smaller pool and less chairs. 

princess is a smidge more close and where the bands stay. hilton is bigger and a slightly longer walk. hotel zero, opposite the princess, has a pool too.

in the day people are normally sleeping but when i've been to the pool it's been busy, but quietly busy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobhoward said:

I like the AC Marriot more, right in between the two. With the 13th floor outdoor pool offering good views of the Forum.

Downside is you can hear the soundcheck clear and loud all day long, and they start quite early if you're the type to go to bed at 6am after the last set.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

I like the AC Marriot more, right in between the two. With the 13th floor outdoor pool offering good views of the Forum.

Downside is you can hear the soundcheck clear and loud all day long, and they start quite early if you're the type to go to bed at 6am after the last set.

I've done both the AC and the Princess in the mid 2010s and my choice would be the AC - better pool/rooms etc.  

• Thanks 1