Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, MeMeMeM said:

Here is what the press release says:

The 2023 edition of Primavera Sound will once again happen over two weekends. But this time it will be held in two different Spanish cities: on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of June it will take place, as usual, in the Parc del Fòrum of Barcelona-Sant Adrià del Besòs, and on the 8th, 9th and 10th in the Ciudad de Rock of Arganda del Rey, in Madrid. In both cities, Primavera Sound will maintain its identity as an urban festival with the Primavera a la Ciutat programme for the rest of the week. Also, in both Barcelona and Madrid, this programme will be integrated into the cultural spaces of each venue with different musical activities before the main days.

cool, so back to the old format it is

This sort of stuff is a stark reminder that the festival's a multimillion Euro business with investors and shareholders – this sort of new, endless late-capitalism quest for profit and growth in new areas rather than just doing brilliantly in one or two places feels like it might be a stretch too far.

This story coming mere weeks after Gabi was essentially blackmailing the council and threatening to leave Barcelona because he wanted two weekends again feels kind of weird. I dunno, we'll see.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes, this is surely what they’ll do.

The old school dates combined with new style bigger names and tonnes of venues .

They might put on a generous ciutat program with some bigger venues on the Wednesday before the festival and the closing Sunday. But it might make sense to start slow on the Monday and Tuesday if those days would be included. 

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

This sort of stuff is a stark reminder that the festival's a multimillion Euro business with investors and shareholders – this sort of new, endless late-capitalism quest for profit and growth in new areas rather than just doing brilliantly in one or two places feels like it might be a stretch too far.

This story coming mere weeks after Gabi was essentially blackmailing the council and threatening to leave Barcelona because he wanted two weekends again feels kind of weird. I dunno, we'll see.

All festivals other than perhaps glastonbury have shareholders as businesses and pursue growth, just not many have been as successful as PS. It’s true they do have private equity interests in them these days.

Yes as an organisation they might become too corporate and overreach with new venues. But ultimately the Barcelona model of impeccable curation plus the amazing forum location on the Mediterranean and atmosphere is far too well established.

So I don’t see the original at least ever being anything other than brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Bought three weekend tickets for the first weekend last year from Festicket but unfortunately the 2 people I got them with have dropped out due to them having kids in that time so selling the 3 tickets if anyones after a few tickets. 

Did get an email last month saying we can switch the names on the tickets round in March to a new holder so if anyones after a ticket or two give us a shout. Were at the time £158 a ticket so happy to accept £150 a ticket. 

Edited by stylishkids

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Somebody tell them that they should have used some of their corporate sponsorships to not make the Los Angeles version a money pit. People dont want to spend $500 usd  on a weekend pass or for that matter almost $200 for a single day with these day splits.

6746A50E-26B1-4CD0-A220-A3BEC6CDB402.jpeg

Don`t judge it by European standarts, USA festival prices are in the league of thir own 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

In fairness when it was announced it was $189 which is an absolute bargain by Californian standards for all of that.

It was $149 plus fees for early bird  no lineup tickets to a 2 day event they had advertised in 2019 for 2020.. Only 1,000  tickets were sold that way. They never sold more tickets until back in December when the lineup was released. So hows the jump from $149 to $500 really look now. Who gets the bargain, just people who held onto their tickets? Its selling terribly because right now Coachella is giving you triple the talent for the same price. Thats how you measure value.  Go look at the other major festivals that have announced their lineups for the u.s and compare their cost to this and what you get out of it. Primavera is going to be really low on the list.

4 hours ago, purplecowz said:

Californians have plenty of money, they'll be fine

yeah, thanks. Come here and pay $5 a gallon for gas and let me know how it goes along with everything else.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, purplecowz said:

You also have to pay out the nose for lodging at Coachella, or sleep in a tent in the desert. 

This fest allows people to sleep in their own beds which is a huge upside / cost savings.

They even make you pay $125 extra for the privilege of sleeping in your own baking tent.

Want the book (that comes free with certain primavera tickets)? That’ll be $100…

On 2/22/2022 at 9:13 PM, Whos3000_ said:

I'm checking flights: has anyone  ever arrived on the thursday in the late morning? is it feasible to arrive in the late afternoon at the festival site and get you pass only in that moment? will there be cues? Last time I went I got my pass on the wednesday... I would like to avoid being stuck in the cue to get in while Pavement start playing 

I land in to El Prat at 4pm on the Thursday afternoon and need to head to my accommodation to check in and drop bags etc then make my way to the forum to exchange the tickets. Anticipating it will be around 6.30/7pm before I'm there to do that... do yis think the queues will be horrific?

7 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I land in to El Prat at 4pm on the Thursday afternoon and need to head to my accommodation to check in and drop bags etc then make my way to the forum to exchange the tickets. Anticipating it will be around 6.30/7pm before I'm there to do that... do yis think the queues will be horrific?

The queues are fairly efficient once they get going. I'd possibly try and hop in a cab from airport/from your accoms just to shave off some time.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, MeMeMeM said:

Here is what the press release says:

The 2023 edition of Primavera Sound will once again happen over two weekends. But this time it will be held in two different Spanish cities: on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of June it will take place, as usual, in the Parc del Fòrum of Barcelona-Sant Adrià del Besòs, and on the 8th, 9th and 10th in the Ciudad de Rock of Arganda del Rey, in Madrid. In both cities, Primavera Sound will maintain its identity as an urban festival with the Primavera a la Ciutat programme for the rest of the week. Also, in both Barcelona and Madrid, this programme will be integrated into the cultural spaces of each venue with different musical activities before the main days.

It's even not in Madrid lol

On 2/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, Suprefan said:

It was $149 plus fees for early bird  no lineup tickets to a 2 day event they had advertised in 2019 for 2020.. Only 1,000  tickets were sold that way. They never sold more tickets until back in December when the lineup was released. So hows the jump from $149 to $500 really look now. Who gets the bargain, just people who held onto their tickets? Its selling terribly because right now Coachella is giving you triple the talent for the same price. Thats how you measure value.  Go look at the other major festivals that have announced their lineups for the u.s and compare their cost to this and what you get out of it. Primavera is going to be really low on the list.

yeah, thanks. Come here and pay $5 a gallon for gas and let me know how it goes along with everything else.

You do know a gallon of Gas would cost you something like 7,50$ in many places in Europe? 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s been so long that I can remember - do we usually get stage splits before set times etc or does it all come out at once just before the festival? 

Comes out at once, usually mid May. They might announce the Ciutat venue splits early to let people plan better, but I doubt it.

Edited by jannybruck

12 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Comes out at once, usually mid May. They might announce the Ciutat venue splits early to let people plan better, but I doubt it.

If they will sell a small amount (15%) of tickets for those shows...I imagine that they will communicate times/venue splits before.

18 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The Ciutat venue splits came out months ago and also are on the website - just select 'list' option.

It's probably going to be only possible to go to one venue per night (maybe two) so you'll have to consider the overall selection at that venue and unclear how early you'll have to get there to get in. 

I'm still hoping the Poble Espanyol gigs could be in the afternoon, not the evening, but no clues yet.

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The Ciutat venue splits came out months ago and also are on the website - just select 'list' option.

It's probably going to be only possible to go to one venue per night (maybe two) so you'll have to consider the overall selection at that venue and unclear how early you'll have to get there to get in. 

I'm still hoping the Poble Espanyol gigs could be in the afternoon, not the evening, but no clues yet.

Yes, it is true. But there are still some errors (and no information for some bands). So, I am not focusing too much on the information provided on the website.

However, like you said, hope that Poble Espanyol gigs are in the afternoon too. That would make possible see some more bands and avoid clashes.