Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

😄 Gonna need something more than a Wikipedia article before I start getting my hopes up, but yeah, I really hope it’s coming and that she actually plays the festival. She’s been on my must see list for fucking ages and I was starting to think she’d given up on music entirely.

There is actually a cover available so, I think that's it.

My list without any specific order:

1) Beach House

2) Slowdive

3) Caroline Polachek

4) The Strokes

5) Sky Ferreira

6) Tame Impala

7) YYY

8 ) Pavement

9) JAMC

10) Gorillaz

11) Charli XCX

12) DIIV

13) Bikini Kill

14) The National

FAVOURITES:

1 BEACH HOUSE 2 SLOWDIVE 3 TAME IMPALA 4 CIGARETTES AFTER SEX 5 THE NATIONAL

6 DIIV 7 THE STROKES 8 FRED AGAIN 9 JAMIE XX 10 ROMY

11 PHOENIX 12 MOGWAI 13 INTERPOL 14 KHRUANGBIN 15 MONOLINK

....and still hoping for FUTURE ISLANDS to turn up...

PS: Can we expect the timetable earlier than usually? Since other Festivals (i.e. Rock Werchter) already have everything fixed. Sure there will be last minute changes, but that's how it is. 

28 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Any hot tips for any of the lesser known undercard artists in WE1? Cheers...

From the under-undercard only:

Black Country, New Road - massive shame the singer left and they won't be playing any current material, but incredible musicians 

Squarepusher  - legendary in IDM circles (I hate the phrase IDM but it is what it is)

Turnstile - HC punk (dreampunk now?)

Rapsody - awesome female rapper

Rina Sawayama - pop

Shellac - rock, remind me of Slint

Weyes Blood - baroque pop? brilliant singer

Wet Leg - brit indie

If you're feeling freaky:

Lingua Ignota - very emotionally charged operatic doom... I don't even know, it's powerful but tough listening 

Lightning Bolt - pure noise

Tropical Fuck Storm - ???? but good

Edited by BenG92
  • Thanks 1

Do we have a topic with bands to tour in Spring22 so they will get announced later for Primavera Sound 22: I see Future Islands & Nation of Language & Men I Trust. All these bands would fit in... And we still have to work with the loss of Chromatics. So these bands would be a very welcome replacement. 

31 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Any hot tips for any of the lesser known undercard artists in WE1? Cheers...

Thursday

Carolina Durante - Spanish indie rock band

Hannah Diamond - if you're into PC music

Les Savy Fav - rock band, according to older youtube videos very good live shows

Friday

Cariňo - Spanish indie pop band, I really enjoyed them at PS 2019

Georgia - I can't wait to dance to About Work The Dancefloor 

Weyes Blood - what BenG92 said

Saturday

Boy Harsher - darker side of the 80's

Die Katapult - local dance-pop(?) with lyrics in German (check Fur Einen Moment to see, if this is for you) 

Guineu - local punk-pop (?) band with some very catchy tunes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, branvan said:

Do we have a topic with bands to tour in Spring22 so they will get announced later for Primavera Sound 22: I see Future Islands & Nation of Language & Men I Trust. All these bands would fit in... And we still have to work with the loss of Chromatics. So these bands would be a very welcome replacement. 

I wouldn't expect many additions like this. The festival is sold out, lineup is already very full, and there's not a huge amount of need for them to be adding mid-level bands like this. Some local and smaller bands might be added nearer the time but I think that's probably going to be it now.

I think we will get mid-level acts join. As a function of there being some quite notable cancellations.

Plus the Hidden Stage often throws up some decent sized acts, including in the past Battles, Aldous Harding, Lee Fields, Ride, Lush etc

Plus it's the 20th anniversary and I'd expect some decent surprises, similar to what they did in 2017.

We've had The Smile added only very recently, when no commercial reason to do so. This is not the end of good names joining...

2 hours ago, branvan said:

FAVOURITES:

1 BEACH HOUSE 2 SLOWDIVE 3 TAME IMPALA 4 CIGARETTES AFTER SEX 5 THE NATIONAL

6 DIIV 7 THE STROKES 8 FRED AGAIN 9 JAMIE XX 10 ROMY

11 PHOENIX 12 MOGWAI 13 INTERPOL 14 KHRUANGBIN 15 MONOLINK

....and still hoping for FUTURE ISLANDS to turn up...

PS: Can we expect the timetable earlier than usually? Since other Festivals (i.e. Rock Werchter) already have everything fixed. Sure there will be last minute changes, but that's how it is. 

I hope that since I want to plan domestic concerts, some of them are Primavera acts, so.

5 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

There is actually a cover available so, I think that's it.

My list without any specific order:

1) Beach House

2) Slowdive

3) Caroline Polachek

4) The Strokes

5) Sky Ferreira

6) Tame Impala

7) YYY

8 ) Pavement

9) JAMC

10) Gorillaz

11) Charli XCX

12) DIIV

13) Bikini Kill

14) The National

If you guys like dark trippy electronic music and psychedelia, I suggest you to check IOSONOUNCANE. Seen live 2 times last summer, his liveset and his last album are totally mindblowing imho

Edit: I answered the wrong message but anyway that's it 😄

Edited by gigi21

I'm checking flights: has anyone  ever arrived on the thursday in the late morning? is it feasible to arrive in the late afternoon at the festival site and get you pass only in that moment? will there be cues? Last time I went I got my pass on the wednesday... I would like to avoid being stuck in the cue to get in while Pavement start playing 

49 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I'm checking flights: has anyone  ever arrived on the thursday in the late morning? is it feasible to arrive in the late afternoon at the festival site and get you pass only in that moment? will there be cues? Last time I went I got my pass on the wednesday... I would like to avoid being stuck in the cue to get in while Pavement start playing 

There’s no precedent, as you allude to, so it’s impossible to say yet what the queues will be like. If you’re landing late morning, my advice would always be to go get your pass with no queues, then go back to your hotel. Quick to get to the forum by metro or freenow taxi.

18 hours ago, gigi21 said:

If you guys like dark trippy electronic music and psychedelia, I suggest you to check IOSONOUNCANE. Seen live 2 times last summer, his liveset and his last album are totally mindblowing imho

Edit: I answered the wrong message but anyway that's it 😄

Will check, I forgot to mention bunch of them like Japanese Breakfast, Wayes Blood, Boy Harsher, Metronomy, Romy, Jamie xx so it will be really a challange to see all of them.